T.I. and His Wife -- Handcuffed and Busted

9/2/2010 10:18 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: TMZ has learned ... cops originally stopped the Maybach for making an illegal U-turn on Sunset Blvd.

TMZ has obtained photos of rapper T.I. and his wife Tameka "Tiny" Cottle in police custody on Sunset Blvd. last night ... after they were each arrested for allegedly possessing a controlled substance.

TI and Wife Arrested

T.I. was placed into a squad car with an unknown male.

0902_tameka_large_EX_01

"Tiny" was taken to a separate squad car -- both were transported to a local Sheriff's station.

As we first reported, cops pulled over T.I.'s ultra-expensive Maybach on Sunset Blvd around 10:18 PM for a traffic violation and then smelled marijuana. During a subsequent search of the vehicle, cops say they found a controlled substance -- we're told it was not cocaine. The class of the controlled substance that was found includes methamphetamines and ecstasy.

Both were booked on felony possession of a controlled substance.

They were released on $10,000 bail.

As we previously reported, T.I. was released from federal prison back in December -- where he served 7 months behind bars for illegally possessing machine guns and silencers.

Law enforcement confirms ... T.I. is still on probation from the gun conviction, which means last night's arrest could qualify as a violation of his probation ... and he could be sent back to prison.

UPDATE: "Tiny" just twittered, "Jus wanted 2say thank u 2every1 dats been leaving encouraging msgs & prayers! We love u guys:-)going 2bed now! So glad 2b n a nice clean bed."
0902_ti_arrest_video

Previous 15 Comments | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15

John

Shut up ttw who gives a ****

Stacy

NOOOOOOO....Didnt u just get out of Jail it took u long enough to get out of that Sittuation now look im mad now...! =(

tshego

y t.i ure like the best i ever had.bt nw u gng indoorz nd 4 th 2time have'nt u hard enough alreddy nd tht tiny gal of urz tht ugly thnig of urz, she has no lyf.

tshego

came on man ddn't u hv sm1 better thn tht tiny gal of urz , shez has no life shez ugly i thnik i'm even better thn her.t.i y,y,y,y,y,?

Tacy

Cut the man some slack. **** happens that's life get over it. T.I's the man!

Tanesha D.S.

T.I and Tiny F*** dese haters cuz Tiny yu a ride or die fareal and T.I. yu just gottah learn from your mistakes Tiny stay right there fa ya King gurl and show dese haters who da queen is neways I love yall and wish you all da best of luck and you ppl who feel sry,, dnt becuz dese ppl got millions okay but haters step dwn D*** do yu Tiny much love gurl and let TIP know i am praying fa him he dnt know me but i am his #1 fan like really i even have his name tatooed on my back cuz i gt his back well dats all fa now holla and keep ya head up gurl.....

caio garcia

TI your music is really good. keep it up the good work

anas mamoun

HI

LGrhymes

T.I. is a great artist and the goverment looks at them like dollar signs in custody **** obama and all the politicians

LGrhymes

T.I is a great artist and the goverment looks at him like a dollar sign in custody so **** OBAM* and thwe entire goverment that stays in the Illuminaty ways .

Jennifer Barker