T.I. and His Wife -- Handcuffed and Busted

9/2/2010 10:18 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: TMZ has learned ... cops originally stopped the Maybach for making an illegal U-turn on Sunset Blvd.

TMZ has obtained photos of rapper T.I. and his wife Tameka "Tiny" Cottle in police custody on Sunset Blvd. last night ... after they were each arrested for allegedly possessing a controlled substance.

TI and Wife Arrested

T.I. was placed into a squad car with an unknown male.

0902_tameka_large_EX_01

"Tiny" was taken to a separate squad car -- both were transported to a local Sheriff's station.

As we first reported, cops pulled over T.I.'s ultra-expensive Maybach on Sunset Blvd around 10:18 PM for a traffic violation and then smelled marijuana. During a subsequent search of the vehicle, cops say they found a controlled substance -- we're told it was not cocaine. The class of the controlled substance that was found includes methamphetamines and ecstasy.

Both were booked on felony possession of a controlled substance.

They were released on $10,000 bail.

As we previously reported, T.I. was released from federal prison back in December -- where he served 7 months behind bars for illegally possessing machine guns and silencers.

Law enforcement confirms ... T.I. is still on probation from the gun conviction, which means last night's arrest could qualify as a violation of his probation ... and he could be sent back to prison.

UPDATE: "Tiny" just twittered, "Jus wanted 2say thank u 2every1 dats been leaving encouraging msgs & prayers! We love u guys:-)going 2bed now! So glad 2b n a nice clean bed."
0902_ti_arrest_video

Michael Wilson

Number 77 by your response, I can tell that you're ignorant, so therefore, I will not dignify your Belligerent comment with a response.

Pua

Tweet to TI and Tiny: don wst our tm wit dat sht.....

zac efron

Why is it stereotypical that rappers driving exclusively nice cars (i.e. Maybach) always get caught with drugs?

Isn't there anything better to do with your money than to use drugs?

QUEEN BEE

I am so tire do this "BS"! Paris gets busted with coke they talk about it one time and it is a dead issue. Hmmmmm do I see double standard...ah I would say so.

Freaks!

OMG - I flipped the channels past that tiny and toya show and almost threw up! Those have to be the most repulsive, grossest people I've ever seen on TV. Other than people who can't change the channel, I'd love to know who their demographic is. What insane person ever thought someone that hideous should be on TV? I'm gagging at the though of what I saw on that show and what it sounded like.

Freaks!

Haha, for the ghetto crowd comparing these two sleezeballs to Paris! You're IQ isn't high enough to figure it out so I'll tell you.
Cop's computer during check: Conviction - Machine gun(s)
Do you think he's going to smile and say have a nice day?

bridget drinkard

i dont know the whole story,but why would you put yourself and your babies back in a bad rumor. i really like you as a person ti but i dont like the fact that the young people are looking at you and they want to follow things you do.i dont like that.you need to be true to our youth and stop being a fake.im praying for your kids because thats whos sufferring

Prison Institutionalization @ its best

Just another example of the inadequacies and ineffectiveness of the criminal justice system as an institute for rehabilitation, by which rates of recidivism are ever increasing... and minority groups are justified as being labeled as deviant social outcast. Criminal justice system is nothing more than a maker of its intakes, it does not care about supporting the greater good of mankind and the communities which it argues to serve.

Kevin

Tiny looks like such a Cow, what is he doing with her, just can't respect the guy for that choice...that and spilling 400k on a ride known for it's interior craftsmanship, then getting said interior in black so you can hardly see it, not smart.

Maybe he does belong in the slammer if he's gonna waste his success on poor choices.

myles3600

wow how stupid can you be jus comes to show you people with money are dumb too.How could you allow something like this to happen and now you got your wife caught up get real T.I that shows jus how much you care about your family you couldnt wait until you got off the papers ? but that's the life you live thoes are the actions you have to live with right ?

lesa manger

Well lets see what happens. I hope they will be fine.Wasnt Paris Hilton on probation and she got caught with cocaine. So if she gets off he better use her lawyers. He just had ectasy. Lets let the world see how fair the justice system is. Paris Hilton done got caught once in africa & the following week in France. Both places with drugs. So whats to be said about that!!!

bueny

Less coverage of rappers....PLEASE!!

Jen

LMAO DO U HATERS REALLY THINK SHE CARE ABOUT U CALLIN' HER UGLY...SMH @ U DAMN DUMMIES T.I. MARRIED HER SO SHE MUST BE A BAD BITCH 2 HIM....I LOVE T.I. & TINY

brendan

How dumb are people? We have drugs and the car reeks of pot. Let's do an illegal u-turn on Sunset Blvd. Morons.

Dasher

WHO??? WHO??? WHO??? WHO??? WHO??? WHO??? WHO??? WHO??? WHO??? WHO??? WHO??? WHO??? WHO??? WHO??? WHO??? WHO??? WHO??? WHO??? WHO??? WHO??? WHO??? WHO??? WHO??? WHO??? WHO??? WHO??? WHO??? WHO??? WHO??? WHO??? WHO??? WHO??? WHO??? WHO??? WHO??? WHO??? WHO???