T.I. and His Wife Busted for Possession

9/2/2010 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The honeymoon is over for T.I. and his wife Tameka Cottle because TMZ has learned they were arrested tonight and booked for the alleged possession of a controlled substance.

0902_ti_tiny_EX_tmz_03

Law enforcement sources tell us L.A. County Sheriff's deputies pulled over the multi-platinum selling rapper and his wife in a Maybach on Sunset Boulevard around 10:18PM. Deputies say they smelled marijuana.

When searching the vehicle cops found a controlled substance. Law enforcement sources tell us the controlled substance was not cocaine, but rather the class of controlled substance that triggered the arrest includes methamphetamines and ecstasy.

The couple just got married on July 30 in Miami, and T.I. -- real name Clifford Harris Jr. -- is on probation after doing seven months in prison on federal weapons charges.

Law enforcement sources say both T.I. and Tameka were booked on felony possession of a controlled substance.

We're told T.I. and Tameka are in custody right now. Bail amount is $10,000.

UPDATE: T.I. and Tameka were released around 4:00AM.

0902_ti_tiny_footer

Sassy

A shame! I mean, it seems everybody and their mother smokes the stuff and so many want it legalized that when I hear about a celeb caught with some, I don't give a rat's arse. It's that hardcore stuff (cocaine, etc.) that really catces my attention, not some weed. But in T.I.'s case, it's a very bad thing. His wife, after over a decade together and finally tying the knot, must be in hysterics. He is going back to jail. It's tha law, my friend. What are you going to say to your kids?!

Diamond

TI I love him dearly and I was so happy for him to get out of jail, but this....this is just stupid. If he was going to be doing something like that, it shouldn't have been in the dag gone car with him. He know he don't have no luck with the law and for him to do something so stupid, I don't feel sorry for him this time. A lot of people go to jail and its sad to say they don't learn their lesson and everytime you turn around they are in and out of jail. Especially if you are in the publics eye you can't be doing no Sh... like that. His A...just got out. It just shows that the more Money you have it don't buy some people common sense. You should love your freedom too much to do dumb Sh.. like this. He was in the #1 movie in the country last week, getting ready to drop a CD shortly and just got married. I'm sorry, what a IDIOT!

Ms. L

Innocent until PROVEN guilty!!! Media always puts a slant.... I HOPE he previously learned a lesson, but we will see.

Dont judge him!!

Truth

TI'S REAL LAST NAME IS HILTON. JUST FROM THE POOR SECTION OF TOWN. DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PAYING AND NOT PAYING BAIL. ANOTHER DIFFERENCE?? TI HAS NO VIJAY-JAY TO STASH THE DRUGS LIKE HIS HALF-SISTA PARIS.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

another dumbass..if your going to party and smoke weed..keep your ass at home...deserves what he gets,,never heard of the loser anyways..bet he will be married in prison a couple of times..

Tiffany

He's so stupid!!!!!!! Now he's going back to jail.

Onward

What an idiot. On probation = doing everything the way you know you're supposed to do it.

In other words, don't take stupid chances.

ama

All those shows of preaching to kids. Now he's probably going back to jail. These celebrities never learn their lessons.

HUFFYONE

Surprised? NOT AT ALL

Anon E Mouse

Damn T.I. say it ain't so.

mike

So he goes back to his original judge who gave him a reduced sentence cause he did all that talking to kids about staying in school and not doing drugs. then he gets caught with marijuana. what do you think the judge is gonna do? bybye T.I. I love his music but he still has the hood mentality.

As dave chapelle would say "when keeping it real goes wrong"

STFU

Glad I saw T.I for what he is and really about.nothing but a lowlife.I wonder if people are going to still act like he walk on water.A convicted thug and lieing to little children about he has changed.

kathy

not to be mean but Tiny is the ugliest chick I have ever seen,in his new video with Keri Hilson,Tiny comes out at the end thinkin she is the shi*,omg she is hideous!!! just sayin

Jyo

STUPID!! Just got your as$ out of jail and now your going right back. Typical... thugs never learn.

minervacouagr

I really think it has to do with the economy .Police forces are being cut at a very high rate. Even in the little towns the police are chasing after just about everything. Its job security perhaps. My advice to people if rolling stay legal, and stay low profile .