T.I. and His Wife Busted for Possession

9/2/2010 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The honeymoon is over for T.I. and his wife Tameka Cottle because TMZ has learned they were arrested tonight and booked for the alleged possession of a controlled substance.

0902_ti_tiny_EX_tmz_03

Law enforcement sources tell us L.A. County Sheriff's deputies pulled over the multi-platinum selling rapper and his wife in a Maybach on Sunset Boulevard around 10:18PM. Deputies say they smelled marijuana.

When searching the vehicle cops found a controlled substance. Law enforcement sources tell us the controlled substance was not cocaine, but rather the class of controlled substance that triggered the arrest includes methamphetamines and ecstasy.

The couple just got married on July 30 in Miami, and T.I. -- real name Clifford Harris Jr. -- is on probation after doing seven months in prison on federal weapons charges.

Law enforcement sources say both T.I. and Tameka were booked on felony possession of a controlled substance.

We're told T.I. and Tameka are in custody right now. Bail amount is $10,000.

UPDATE: T.I. and Tameka were released around 4:00AM.

0902_ti_tiny_footer

Josh T.

Is this guy gay? You have that much money, aren't deformed in some major way, and you marry that beast? What is wrong with you? She is busted.

James Williams

Dummie! Big dummie! And you have the number 1 movie? Damn you are stupid T.I.!!!

James

No not T.I.! That's f*ed up! You can't be go the Paris and Lindsy way (in and out of jail). No, say it isn't so. You have talent and fans T.I. they don't.

DaJournalist

The black stars need to understand that there are two justice systems. Rapper and hip hop artists go to the one that sends yo azz to jail. White people with no talent, certain actors and politicians stop by jail to apologize some times and go home . Until they are smart enough to do something about it, they'll be dumb enough to go to jail evrytime.

Just sayin

o ****

WEEZYBABAY

NO WONDER WHY HE DECIDED TO MARRY THIS UGLIIIIIIEST WOMAN I HAVE EVER SEEN THEY DO DRUGS TOGETHER THAT MAKES SENSE NOW PARTNERS IN CRIME

darkknite

aww baby way so soon i dont wanna c u go back to that place i missed u when u was gone t.i

chun

Dumb ******>>>> T.I.

phyll

omg its ready to b legal..POT leave them alone re**** y does lindsey and PARIS get it easy with REAL DRUGS omg pot

Miimi

"Stupid is as Stupid does!" Never more did this quote apply more. What a couple of Grade A MORONS.

MikeP

Wow,
I never liked his music, but liked "him" after seeing him on a recent Late night show. But, wow, what a stupid move. Smoke your weed at home, when you know your on probation. Epic Fail

Ms. X

He has a Maybach. Isn't the "home-front" nice too? Do drugs at home! Dummy, Dummy, Dummy, Dummy, Dummy, Dummy....

STEVE

THAT MUST HAVE BEEN SOME FIRE ASS WEED TO BE STUPID ENOUGH TO THROUGH YA LIFE AWAY .... BETTER LEARN HOW TO PUFF PUFF PASS AT HOME

Anon E Mouse

Hooray guys, violent crime must be over in this country if the police have nothing better to do than go around smelling cars for weed.
Amazing, what a success our law enforcement have been.
I feel safer already.

On another note, the Maybach has an air diffuser that kills all smells, including cigar smoke, so if they drove around with the windows up and were using it, this would not have happened.

texasknight1

i do find it amazing how these stars are just running around DRIVING while on drugs.. as if they never heard of MADD or Police pulling folks over.. these idiots got what they deserve and since idiots like this get behind the wheels and are constantly driving.. they'll never 100% legalize it..

TI and wife.. you 2 are just dumb stupid and lame are you NOT tired of having run ins with the cops? talk about drama .. sick of your lame lifestyle once and for all.

/Not buying T.I's album as if i ever will..

/lame