T.I. and His Wife Busted for Possession

9/2/2010 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The honeymoon is over for T.I. and his wife Tameka Cottle because TMZ has learned they were arrested tonight and booked for the alleged possession of a controlled substance.

0902_ti_tiny_EX_tmz_03

Law enforcement sources tell us L.A. County Sheriff's deputies pulled over the multi-platinum selling rapper and his wife in a Maybach on Sunset Boulevard around 10:18PM. Deputies say they smelled marijuana.

When searching the vehicle cops found a controlled substance. Law enforcement sources tell us the controlled substance was not cocaine, but rather the class of controlled substance that triggered the arrest includes methamphetamines and ecstasy.

The couple just got married on July 30 in Miami, and T.I. -- real name Clifford Harris Jr. -- is on probation after doing seven months in prison on federal weapons charges.

Law enforcement sources say both T.I. and Tameka were booked on felony possession of a controlled substance.

We're told T.I. and Tameka are in custody right now. Bail amount is $10,000.

UPDATE: T.I. and Tameka were released around 4:00AM.

0902_ti_tiny_footer

kreme

stupid ass, mayb bein high-she can talk better, bc it sounds like she dropped out in the 3rd grade, stupid ass...learn your lessons from the other!

neither of these two sluts

damn...what does T.I. stand for.......TOTAL IDIOT!

michel

SMH sounds like she WANTS him to get locked up again. If my husband jut got out of prison and was on probation I would not want him driving around with anything shady in his car… Especially not a Maybach, you already stand out…. Tip, you are MARRIED, have kids, and a career… And on probation… What the hell were you thinking? Send Tiny’s ass to get it and bring it home if you’re that pressed!

KARMALOOP.com – 20% off first order, 10% off thereafter with rep code: LOOPHOLE @ checkout! Stack with promo code for additional savings!

PLNDR.com – 10% off every order with rep code: LOOPHOLE!

hyperdash3

hahahahah soo funny

Cheryl

$10 000 bail!!! Thank God I live in South Africa, the cops confiscate your stash and tell you off, it's not worth taxpayers money hauling you to jail for possession.

angel

1RST QUESTION....WHY WERE THEY PULLED OVER? 2ND QUESTION...WHY IS IT WHEN A BLACK PERSON GETS PULLED THEY GO TO JAIL..WEED IS FROM THE EARTH, GOD PUT IT HERE..FOR ME & YOU...BUT PARIS HILTON CRACKHEAD AXX...AINT GET ARRESTED...FOR CRACK!!!!LOL ONLY IN AMERICA.

Illinois person

Guess that stint in prison was to no avail. Must be a cousin of DMX. Just use the Paris Hilton defense, not my car & not my dope! How about "oh I just want to help kids" - blah, blah & more blah! All the money in the world, musically gifted but not an ounce (no pun intended) of common sense. Innocent until proven guilty - you bet, but guilt by association ('er arrest) speaks volumes. Of course we know California loves to go soft on the rich & famous and/or allow them to do community service in their home towns (can you say Chris Brown, anyone?) Young, rich & oh so foolish! Fame, ain't it a bitch?

Brandie

She shoulda gone to rehab while he was in the clink...she always acts like shes on something so its not that surprising to me.

There's a problem here

Anybody stupid enough to be doing any illegal substances in public deserves to get their asses busted. This boy thought he was above it all anyhow so I guess karma showed him he waddnt.

Jay

Lets see what happens to this woman and then lets see what happens to Paris. I am sure Paris will get off easier even though Nevada is a tougher state and Paris had coke.

T.I is going back to prison when you are on probation the dumbest thing you can do is get caught with drugs. I am no fan of rap but I always liked his music.

Anon E Mouse

Angel, that is an excellent question.
Paris had cocaine and did not go to jail but TI and his wife did for marijuana.
WTF?

Marky Mark

Some people JUST DON'T GET IT! This guy was JUST on TV and was talking about "atoning" for his actions, and now this - he may rap, but he needs a good "rap" in the head - WHAT WERE YOU THINKING MAN?!!

Mattlerose

They need to check out www.askanaddict.com

jA

felony possesion of a controlled substance?
crack/ecstacy?
oh man, soooooooooooo dis appointing and SAD.

Mur

dat chick is sooooooooooooo frikin UGLY...OMG