T.I. and His Wife Busted for Possession

9/2/2010 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The honeymoon is over for T.I. and his wife Tameka Cottle because TMZ has learned they were arrested tonight and booked for the alleged possession of a controlled substance.

0902_ti_tiny_EX_tmz_03

Law enforcement sources tell us L.A. County Sheriff's deputies pulled over the multi-platinum selling rapper and his wife in a Maybach on Sunset Boulevard around 10:18PM. Deputies say they smelled marijuana.

When searching the vehicle cops found a controlled substance. Law enforcement sources tell us the controlled substance was not cocaine, but rather the class of controlled substance that triggered the arrest includes methamphetamines and ecstasy.

The couple just got married on July 30 in Miami, and T.I. -- real name Clifford Harris Jr. -- is on probation after doing seven months in prison on federal weapons charges.

Law enforcement sources say both T.I. and Tameka were booked on felony possession of a controlled substance.

We're told T.I. and Tameka are in custody right now. Bail amount is $10,000.

UPDATE: T.I. and Tameka were released around 4:00AM.

0902_ti_tiny_footer

my opinion

#77 Donna...That is soooo funny Miss Piggy...LOL

STEGERFOX

I dont get it, I thought California legalized weed? Why would they get pulled over for "smelling" weed, when that might be legal? So it's legal, but if you smoke you will get harassed and shook down for stronger drugs automatically? What a hypocritical state!!

LadyTea

Innocent UNTIL PROVEN Guilty!

PREACHER MAN!

T.I., man you are cool with me but you preached to younger people, now maybe someone needs to preach to you this time! Wake up my brother GOD is trying to tell you something:

Jaded

Whoa! What a dog! Being a big time rapper come on TI find something better than that mutt!

BAPE747

Man he JUST got of WAAAAY 2 easy as it WAS. They gonna look @ U 4 a LOOONG time. They already hatin' U in a MAYBACH N E way. They figure U rubbin' it in they face just ridin' NORMAL. U Ridin' diiirty on paper? WTF. Tiny betta take the fall or U goin back up the road. BIM

my 2 cents

Either the police has a quota as to how many arrest they have to make in order for a promotion and or too many people just don't know any better to never get involved with those doing drugs as Drugs is a NO NO.

prettybenz

King of the South don't mean sh** in L.A. Just got of jail and going right back. You would think if he does not have enough common sense to ride around and smoke that sh**, his old ass wife should know better.

sheree

people know right from wrong somethings in life that you can't predict. I luv both of them i hope that T.I. don't go back to jail.

SASHMAC

They are stupid! T.I will be revisiting his jail mate, Bubba. Smoke @ home. No one rides dirty anymore, unlesS they are STUPID.!!!!!!!!!!

Ty

he is a handsome dude but her, how the hell did he pick her from all the fine ass he must get

Ty

J.Esquire

Cops need to be going after real criminals...cops are so small time...they are just "Hating"....CHUMPS!!!!

bigatlanta

he stupid as hell what an idiot and you on probation. why chance it, but with that said how they get arrested for weed and paris get off for coke

Michelle

How sad this is...Him and his stupid wife,Don't you have 6 kids to take care of? I lost a lot of respect for him, I really thought he had his shiot together..