T.I. and His Wife Busted for Possession

9/2/2010 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The honeymoon is over for T.I. and his wife Tameka Cottle because TMZ has learned they were arrested tonight and booked for the alleged possession of a controlled substance.

0902_ti_tiny_EX_tmz_03

Law enforcement sources tell us L.A. County Sheriff's deputies pulled over the multi-platinum selling rapper and his wife in a Maybach on Sunset Boulevard around 10:18PM. Deputies say they smelled marijuana.

When searching the vehicle cops found a controlled substance. Law enforcement sources tell us the controlled substance was not cocaine, but rather the class of controlled substance that triggered the arrest includes methamphetamines and ecstasy.

The couple just got married on July 30 in Miami, and T.I. -- real name Clifford Harris Jr. -- is on probation after doing seven months in prison on federal weapons charges.

Law enforcement sources say both T.I. and Tameka were booked on felony possession of a controlled substance.

We're told T.I. and Tameka are in custody right now. Bail amount is $10,000.

UPDATE: T.I. and Tameka were released around 4:00AM.

0902_ti_tiny_footer

my 2 cents

As there are 3 sides to every story; your side, my side, and the TRUTH. Let's all hope for the better for T.I. and his wife. perhaps the substance is not what it is.

kjay

I feel bad for TI and Tiny... damn we human, we mess up sometimes. So here is the deal. Tiny since you have no record you need to take the rap.... you may get probation only. TI go to the Health food store (GNC) and get the stuff to clean your system ASAP!.... Yall got mad paper so this could all work out. GOOD Luck!

my 2 cents

As we hear so many stories that come out from left and right. We all know there's always 3 sides to every story, your side, my side, and the TRUTH.
Just wondering, what is the real TRUTH to this story?
Perhaps it was a substance that appeared to look like what it was to the police. Let's hope for the best for T.I. and his wife, and not ASSume.

nonono

send that dumb ****** to prison for life he obviously won't ever learn how to not break the law

Cindy

You idiots. Its not just weed he got caught with its ecstasy pills. he just got out of prison he knew his terms when he got out. He isnt anyone special. He commited a crime and so did she, so like everryone who is not famous and doing time. My man ran from the cops with no drugs not weapon and they violated him for 7 momths. O well same thing goes for him. Stop making stupid comments. Yeah i like him music is bomb but hes fake as F88K going on MTV trying to act hard and teach kids to stay in school and off drugs when his sucker a$$ is a loser

alyssa

I know everyone makes mistakes but damn can you really be that stupid? Making illegal turns with drugs in the car? and youre on probation?

Margaret Bradley

She is one weird looking woman!

ALEJANDRO

U CAN PIC WAT EVER PRISON U LIKE YEA..WEED ON DECK WRAP IN A BAG FULL OF EX.....U CAN PIC WAT EVA PRISON U LIKE......MAKE NO SENSE TI

mike mckinley

this must be what his song im back was for not his release but going back to prison hahaha.

t.k

Tiny is so ugly!.....

sappy

She ugly

twilightmom

Oh please....everyone saying, "how come TI and Tiny go to jail when they get caught, but Paris didn't have to go to jail?".
Helllllooo....the mug shot? Paris? Here? On TMZ, and any place on the internet. She did go to jail....helloooo!

Joyce

It's so amazing how they treat people of color different. Why didn't they take PARIS HILTON TO JAIL AND BOOK HER. OH, HER FATHER HAS MORE MONEY OR SOMETHING IS IT BECAUSE SHE IS WHITE. HER CALL SMELLED THE SAME AND THEY FOUND THE DRUGS ON HER AND IN HER PURSE.

SO T.I. AND HIS RENTED THE CAR THEY WERE IN OR HE WaS RIDING IN A FRIENDS CAR WHO JUST GOT OUT AND MAY HAVE BEEN SMOKING DRUGS.... SMH... SOUNDS LIKE CASE LAW, "2010 HILTON VS THE STATE OF LV". YOUR HONOR AS I SAD HER TO REP T.I..... I WANT TO US CASE 2010 HILTON VS THE STATE OF......

BB in CA

Like your music but come on - wise up.

Stephani