T.I. and His Wife Busted for Possession

9/2/2010 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The honeymoon is over for T.I. and his wife Tameka Cottle because TMZ has learned they were arrested tonight and booked for the alleged possession of a controlled substance.

0902_ti_tiny_EX_tmz_03

Law enforcement sources tell us L.A. County Sheriff's deputies pulled over the multi-platinum selling rapper and his wife in a Maybach on Sunset Boulevard around 10:18PM. Deputies say they smelled marijuana.

When searching the vehicle cops found a controlled substance. Law enforcement sources tell us the controlled substance was not cocaine, but rather the class of controlled substance that triggered the arrest includes methamphetamines and ecstasy.

The couple just got married on July 30 in Miami, and T.I. -- real name Clifford Harris Jr. -- is on probation after doing seven months in prison on federal weapons charges.

Law enforcement sources say both T.I. and Tameka were booked on felony possession of a controlled substance.

We're told T.I. and Tameka are in custody right now. Bail amount is $10,000.

UPDATE: T.I. and Tameka were released around 4:00AM.

0902_ti_tiny_footer

T-StreetZ

T.I.'s wife was arrested for possession of the SAME Controlled Substence when their home was raided! She's got a problem!

dee

People they are Humans just because they are famous dont mean nothing!!!They are still my favorite couple.

Freaks!

Going back and getting ass raped in prison will be a pleasure compared to coming home and seeing that FUGLY wife!

BB in CA

Damn – this is messed up. Why insult TI's lady. He's in love with her.

sexy t

WOW........I thought we are all innocent until proven guilty?

Instead of going at him hard you should be asking why they pulled him over and if they smelled marijuana why they did not find any signs of it papers, wraps, residue etc.?

GET IT RIGHT NOW!!!!!

JUST PLAIN OLE SILLY DILLY....THAT EXPLAINS WHY HE STAY SO THIN.....NO APPETITE DUE TO THE EXTENSIVE USE OF DRUGS AND NO WONDER WHY HIS WHY WONT GROW, HER OOMPA LOOMPA GROWTH IS STUNTED DUE TO THE DRUGS TOO..........UH UH UH....DOPE HEADS, PLEASE LEAVE THE DOPE AAALLLLLLLLONNNNE AND FOCUS ON THE FAMILY AND KIDS....JEEEEEZ!!!!!

Keve B

Look I feel the need to go ahead and legalize weed,pot,mary jane you get my point I feel this make no sense. Well for what it is worth I still Love me some T.I.&Tiny this wouldn't make me like like them any less just for the record smoke at home it's better any ways...Keep yall heads up because it's folks out there who don't want to see the both of you make much love..

Nicole

i wonder whos taking care of their 5 kids while all this is going on

Jodi Bowling

i cannot believe TI what is he thinkin???? an his so called wife was doin it too??? i am TI's numb fan! thats alot of love lost!!!!! i can't support that bs. i live in the meth capital of tha world i see what that crap does to people. its not pretty. I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!!

James

T.I. you are dumb ass! First let me say I'm black so what I'm about to write is not coming from some racist. So here I go; you southern rappers (notice I wrote rappers and not hip hop artist) are modern day minstrels. You all have destroyed rap music which is rhythm and poetry and turned it to crap! Lil Wayne, Luda, and the rest of you talk about sizzerp (a drink with codeine). A southern rapper / DJ died from that and so did Pimp C. You lectured at schools and had a TV show before you were arrested to help the youth and you talked a good game. You were released and were on TV (Larry King) and lectured in schools. Plain and simple you are all ignorant. You’re wealthy but you all have no since of how ignorant you all are truly and you all should be pitied, again you are all minstrels. Now you just jeopardized your family and minstrel career. And you girl she has been in trouble too, your both just plain dumb. Driving around town with drugs you are really dumb!

LoganAtl

Boooooooooooo stop hate/n you guys wish u where in a maybach ridin around gettn geek get money broke azz people......S**t Happens.......

boston bad boy

give this idiot 5 chances he still won't learn.he has enough money to have someone elese drive behind him with all his drugs and pay him money to do an easy job hey i'm looking for work without working.

Wildbill

I aint mad at ya homie!! Throw me something!!!

ashley smith

first of all ihate ppl dat always have some negative to say dat aint nobody bitness wat t.i and tiny had in dey damn car they human just like us thats ppl problem today yall worrying bout da wrong thang!! To t.i and tiny keep yall head up im not gne say what happen was right but dat would have happend to anybody...ily <3<3

Denise

What's up with her face?