Kara DioGuardi -- Fired From 'American Idol'

9/4/2010 7:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

FOX is finally telling people what TMZ told you five weeks ago -- Kara DioGuardi  has been fired from "American Idol" ... actually, FOX isn't using the word "fired," but that's exactly what happened.

0903_kara_diguardi_tmz_BN
In a statement released by FOX, DioGuardi said, "I felt like I won the lottery when I joined 'American Idol' two years ago, but I feel like now is the best time to leave 'Idol.'"

As we first reported, FOX decided long ago to 86 DioGuardi but kept her in the dark until recently.

As we reported yesterday, the last touches are being put on the Jennifer Lopez deal  ... it should be finalized next week.

sadienova

i'm just glad she's gone...she brought absolutely nothing to the table(no pun intended) and not to mention the songs that she has written suck!

Wocka

Listen up you IDIOTS. She was the most qualified of all of the judges whether you liked her or not!
Plus she could actually speak intelligently.

so sad

She's better off. The show was a bad fit for her from the get-go. Away from that career mistep, she's a hot lil' mama with a hot hubby, and she writes AWESOME songs and rakes in the dough from that.

Kara, you actually have talent. There's really no place for people like that in the world of reality tv.

KOZY

I am not even an idol fan and I'm glad she's gone. Shut up LADY!

Abe

You know what this means......

Kara will be on season 12 of Dancing With The Stars.

x

Dave

Kara is soooooo freakin' hot. She is adorable. I lub her.

Manimal

Nobody uses "fired" anymore...it's "separated" from the company or you've been "relieved" from your duties.

Lily

Good riddance. AI jumped the shark long ago; it's time to take it off the air.

Celebrities Suck

Idol is dooomed...... buh bye IDOL!!!! Bring back the original judges. Idol ruined it all when they started bringing all these other so called celebrities to fill in. Bring back Paula and Simon. I wont be watching Idol anymore!

Michael DeMarco

Wow...all negative comments! I think Kara is absolutely gorgeous, sings BEAUTIFULLY, cared about the people she had to axe (she cried almost every time...and let them down easy)and was one of the only two qualified judges they had. It was Simon's show, but he couldn't sing; Randy sucks, he can't sing to save his ass; he got in because he's a negro, and Ellen DeGenerate can't sing or judge and was picked because she's a homosexual. The ONLY other qualified person was Paula Abdul. (and btw, Kara's body is SMOKIN') Think she's gone because her father is a REPUBLICAN Senatorial candidate in left wing liberal democrat Hollywood?? Hmmmmm...

Vicky

She was a lousy judge. Snotty and condescending. Good Riddeance!

Googie

Be careful what you ask for. I did not Kara, wanted her off the show. Well she's out and what is replacing her Jennifer Lopez. AWWW HECK, I'D RATHER HAVE KARA.

Ginger

Big mistake hiring Lopez. She's a terrible actress and I hear she's a bad singer. I guess her claim to fame is her behind and that green dress she wore slit down to there. I don't care if AI crashes and burns, tho. Guess Lopez is as good as any to kill it.

Kay-Kay

Who cares neither one of them have talent anyway. Jenn can't sing...can't they find someone who has real talent to be a judge?

Paul

Good she suck anyway ... I don't know why fox pick her up in the first place

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments