Kara DioGuardi -- Fired From 'American Idol'

9/4/2010 7:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

FOX is finally telling people what TMZ told you five weeks ago -- Kara DioGuardi  has been fired from "American Idol" ... actually, FOX isn't using the word "fired," but that's exactly what happened.

0903_kara_diguardi_tmz_BN
In a statement released by FOX, DioGuardi said, "I felt like I won the lottery when I joined 'American Idol' two years ago, but I feel like now is the best time to leave 'Idol.'"

As we first reported, FOX decided long ago to 86 DioGuardi but kept her in the dark until recently.

As we reported yesterday, the last touches are being put on the Jennifer Lopez deal  ... it should be finalized next week.

jcmehsmom

Both Ellen and Kara said they would leave the show if Howard Stern was to replace Simon...hmmm

Constance

I can tell you now...I will NO longer watch American Idol. Who gives a rat's @$$ about J-LO. Ratings are gonna go below the basement now.....BAD, HORRIBLE, DUMB decision FOX!!!

Lou

She didn't act like she owned the place...OH NO! Kara is not like that at all, you got her all wrong! If you'd spent time with her you'd know that! She's humble, grounded, fun, has a huge heart and a warm, infectious personality.

In my opinion American Idol has lost the most qualified judge on the panel. Yes Simon Cowell was qualified in many ways, no doubt about that but Kara, she hit ALL the industry credentials with grade A*s! Singer/songwriter/artist/producer/publisher/A&R Exec. Nobody was more qualified that Kara DioGuardi to hold that judging spot.
I'm actually glad she's not part of the sinking ship that Idol has now become. Onwards and upwards Kara, I'm proud of you!
"Life is a song, sing it!"

pamamaw

YAY!!! Acted like she was the bomb, but was really a dud.

Different Rules Apply

GOOD RIDDANCE KARA - YOU THINK YOU ARE ALL THAT, NOT!!!

El Burrito

My God Jennifer Lopez has to be the worst choice for a judge...what exactly has Ms. Lopez done to deserve this honor? Her last films and albums have been bombs and she is waaaay over-rated! This season is going to suck for sure!!

Glad she's gone

She was just another Dukie with an ego 20 times bigger than her oversized head.

All this talk about her songwriting being so great ... that's just pure garbage.

She's the moron responsible for this epic line: "You stole my happy, you made me cry."

They must play Carrie Underwood's "Undo It" nonstop in Hell now as punishment for the worst kind of sinners.

And finally, all that "cougar" BS over the Bucky Covington wannabe this year was just sickening.

GOOD RIDDANCE TO BAD RUBBISH.

kas

the day she wore/flashed the bikini on stage she just totally showed herself as an insecure lady who need reassurance for whatever reason and she lost my respect

Karma

I never cared for her as a judge. I found her to be extremely condescending. For example, she had a bad habit of using unnecessary words such as "honey" or "sweetie" when she was speaking to contestants which, to me, really came off as insincere. Good riddance.

Lou

Whether you like her songwriting or not she's damn successful at it! Also, Kara isn't at all condescending. She calls people "honey" and "sweetie" all the time. That's just Kara and she's as genuine as they get. Kara cared for the contestants and sought to give them directional advice throughout. Oh and ego she doesn't have!

skatrin

Kara sucked and so do her cheesy songs. J-Lo will not fare any better, she has no personality.

There's a problem here

She was over, and come to think of it the whole show was over when she did that WTF? bikini reveal bull**it

Sarah

Jennifer Lopez?? She must be desperate for work. Her and Madonna need to get together and go bowling.

Lou

As someone who knows Kara put it...
"Kara, congratulations for getting a Titanic Lifeboat!"

I agree 100% Idol is doomed whatever they do with it and Kara will move onto bigger and better things. She didn't need Idol to be successful in the industry, she achieved this way before she joined the show. And anyone who know's anything about Kara will know that she's driven and ambitious by nature so there's no stopping her in the future!
Kara honey, I'm right behind you sweetie! ;0)

pimpdaddy

JLo is 100% bitch! I will never watch the show if they install her...done, done, done!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments