Lindsay Lohan Stroller Accident

No Harm, No Foul

9/3/2010 7:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

An eyewitness to the alleged Lindsay Lohan "hit-and-run" tells TMZ ... the photogs who sold the after-the-fact video are lying.

0903_lilo_EX_TMZ_02
The eyewitness -- a photographer -- says Lindsay was leaving her apartment building Wednesday (not yesterday) and was turning onto Holloway Drive with a green light.  The photog says Lindsay "ever-so-slightly tapped the stroller -- like 1 mile an hour."

The photog says Lindsay pulled over, asked the nanny pushing the stroller if everything was okay and was told everyone and everything was fine, so she drove off.

The story conflicts with the photogs who shot video after the incident.  One of them -- Brayan Jaime -- told TMZ ... Lindsay ran a red light and called the impact "a major hit" ... causing 3 wheels on the stroller to leave the ground.  Jaime says Lindsay fled the scene.

So far ... no one has gone to the West Hollywood Sheriff's Department to file a report.

Seriously?

@96, Oh, so that would do it for you...if she returned the car before the contract was up? Then, you'd believe it? No, she didn't return it because this is her 2nd vehicle story in a week and her people said stop driving..she just returned it because it was due back...Sure...and the cocaine wasn't Paris'.

The only statements made, that were idiotic, were your grammatically incorrect ones.

But my statements are going to get you riled up?...Not the ones wondering when she's going to die, but mine, questioning whether or not it's likely that she was involved in yet ANOTHER vehicle mishap. Too funny!

Ghoster

Well it sounded like COMPLETE BULLSTUFF to me from the beginning because the Paps are like Sharks out there.
Also, Lindsay has dumped alot of so called "FRIENDS" who weren't really friends at all. They were leaches and people trying to get her high and keep her high so they could get at her money.
Natually, these leaches are going to play the Revenge Game to get even and that entails telling any kind of bull**** story that will get Lindsay in trouble.

Manimal

I really don't understand why she wants to drive anyway...she always ends up getting sued. Her driving sucks!

sheldonC

Nanny dearest should have stopped and someone should have notified the real owner of the car.Tahe mom and pop of this infant might try to sue once they find out who was behind the wheel of this Maserati. I hear Lindsay and her fathers new gal pal Cindy Von Kear, ex playmate, are best buddies and she trusts this little spoiled brat with her precious cargo.
Fame does give some endless ways to take advantage. I wonder if MiLo is going to ban his girlfriend and daughter to before 12 curfews and if and when they vioalte it, will he remove both blonies with each hand in their hair outside the club they are found drinking and doodling with the boys of Los Angeles.

used2liveINXS

"Ever-so-slightly tapped the stroller" ?!?!?!? Have you lost your collective minds? In a State where pedestrians have the right of way... OMG! I can't go on like there's anything rational about this. You're the little boy screaming that he "barely tapped" his sister's nose as it gushes blood. Talk about your enablers! I think it's time for a staff ALANON meeting guys. Show of hands, how many people here have "tapped" or otherwise touched a baby stroller, wheelchair, old lady with a walker... with a freakin' CAR? Reality check please! I just can't fathom your motivation for printing this... I hope it's just - as one poster implied - a case of sour grapes over a competitor's scoop. Given the name calling from TMZgossip - whose panties are all up in a defensive bunch - one could surmise that it's his story, he's now stuck trying to justify. Moreover, what is TMZ's favorite little lush doing behind the wheel of a car to begin with? I haven't followed her downward spiral over the years, but wasn't she charge w/a D.U.I.? More than once? If that doesn't qualify as a reason for pulling her license - or better yet, wake her up to the fact that she shouldn't be driving, regardless of her DX of choice - I hope this does. For the sake of LA's babies, elderly and disabled, PLEASE tell this woman to stop driving. Jeeves can take her to the doc in a box. Phew! Guess I'm off for a meeting:)

not me

wow, isn't that child in the stroller lucky? It was only a tap, WHEW!

anyone who defends said 'tap", and in an effort to clear up any conflict of who has the right away....please stop at all cross walks ppl, even it you think you have the right away, it's just the right thing to do!

from: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/hdbk/right_of_way.htm

Crosswalks

A crosswalk is the part of the roadway set aside for pedestrian traffic. Most intersections have a pedestrian crosswalk whether or not there are painted lines on the street. Most crosswalks are at corners, but they can also be in the middle of the block. Before turning a corner, watch for people about to cross the street. Pedestrians have the right-of-way in crosswalks.

not me

just in case ppl are foolish enough to wonder...

Pedestrians

Pedestrian safety is a serious issue. A pedestrian is a person on foot or who uses a conveyance such as roller skates, skateboard, etc., other than a bicycle. A pedestrian can also be a person with a disability on a tricycle or quadricycle or in a wheelchair.

One-in-six traffic fatalities is a pedestrian. Drive cautiously when pedestrians are near because they may cross your path.

Since hybrid and electric vehicles are almost silent when operating, pedestrians may be at risk when crossing roads and walking through parking lots because they can not hear the vehicles as they approach. Use extra caution when driving near pedestrians.

* Respect the right-of-way of pedestrians. Always stop for any pedestrian crossing at corners or other crosswalks, even if the crosswalk is in the middle of the block and at corners with or without traffic lights, whether or not the crosswalks are marked by painted lines.
* Do not pass a vehicle that has stopped at a crosswalk. A pedestrian you can not see may be crossing.
* Do not drive on a sidewalk, except to cross it at a driveway or alley. When crossing, yield to any pedestrian.
* Do not stop in a crosswalk. You will place pedestrians in danger.
* Remember, if a pedestrian makes eye contact with you, he or she is ready to cross the street. Yield to the pedestrian.
* Allow older pedestrians, disabled pedestrians and women with young children more time to cross the street.
* Important: Blind pedestrians rely on the sound of your vehicle to be aware of your vehicle’s presence, so it is important that you stop your vehicle within 5 feet of the crosswalk. Drivers of hybrid or electric vehicles need to remain especially aware that the lack of engine noise may lead a blind pedestrian to assume there is not a vehicle nearby. Follow this cue:

When a blind person pulls in his/her cane and steps away from the intersection, this gesture usually means for you to go. Additional information regarding blind pedestrians can be found here.

susan

Oh why don't you all shut up and go do something useful! The main thing is no one was hurt. The nanny said "I'm fine" as she calmly walked along the street. The video confirms this. There has been no complaint registered and I can only reach the conclusion that:-

A) Lindsay did tap the stroller but it was a complete accident and both parties went on their way.

OR

B) The nanny felt it was her fault and didn't want any fuss.

Whatever happened you must remember the accusers in this episode are all paps, the s*** of the earth who would sell their grandmother to make a few bucks! and lets be honest, they have made quite a few bucks from this.

not me

LOL @Susan...I don't believe anyone suggested LiLo intentionally hit the stroller. Only that she is not a safe driver, if the story is correct. If true, the Nanny and the child are not at fault. The driver of the vehicle has to yield to the pedestrian. Read the posts above or go to DMV.CA.gov to learn the laws in Cali for driving a motor vehicle.

used2liveINXS

In response to Susan's comment about pap s*** and why don't we all shut up and do something useful...

Okay, I realize the word “Paparazzi” conjures up some pretty ugly scenes, one in particular we’d all like to forget. But right now, we’re all here on a gossip site and while not freelance, the crew responsible for those clips presented by that fun and lovable TMZ crew every night are pretty much paparazzi. I mean nothing negative by that. No offense to TMZ or gossip writers, in fact, one of my favorite people in the world, one of my best friends is a gossip columnist. And in spite of what she says, I don’t think she’s going to burn in hell someday. Speaking only for myself, here I am, hanging out, posting on a gossip site about paparazzo gathered stories because I apparently enjoy it, not because I’m trying to do anything useful. I don’t have my friend’s job and, as much fun as looks, I’m not part of that lovable TMZ crew. So generally, before I can do something truly useful, I first have to close my computer.

jenee

"'Lindsay was turning into Holloway Drive with a green light' if the light was green why was this woman with the stroller on the road? So stupid!" well think about when you are crossing the street? lot of times the light turns green while you are crossing.THe person that is stupid is lindsay, rember people walking do have the right away.

Spot

Show me a picture of the "tap" publish a sworn statement by the nanny or the baby or Lindsay. Until then it never happened!

Publish a picture of the PaP who says it happened and name the agency he works for and tell us how much he was paid for the story or picture.

Maybe the nanny tried to push the crying baby into the path of the car.

Why aren't the sheriffs men following her around 24/7 with cameras, drug and alcohol testers and a judge.

Lindsay's excuse: it wasn't my car it was a rental and that baby carriage actually fell out of my friends purse that I borrowed from her because it better matched my underwear.

piratesrule8

It's clearly just people trying to cause trouble to make a story... The facts of this story is that there is no story.

Next we will hear that Lindsay Lohan has links to Al Qaeda.

NoBreederRat

Lilo, Lilo, Lilo... If you hit someone you call 911 and have an accident report drawn up even if no one "appears" injured. It's the legally correct thing to do and it could save your ass from being sued.

Somewhere in the middle of all these different accounts of the incident lies the truth.

Agree with #6 comments. And even if the nanny is legal no one wants their name in a tabloid mess with Lindsay Lohan of all people. Honestly. Coming forward in any capacity would give them an incredible amount of unwanted attention.

spearit

Thank goodness we have such trustworthy people like paparazzi telling people what happened. Of course they have video after the fact because they want to sell it. Come on TMZ try harder when reporting this type of crap.