Kanye Goes on

Twitter Rampage,

Seeks Forgiveness

9/4/2010 3:17 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Just a few days shy of the one-year anniversary of his infamous Taylor Swift-interrupting rant, Kanye West decided to complete the Twitter step of his 12-step forgiveness recovery plan ... by unleashing a flurry of tweets to express forgiveness, regret and nearly every emotion in between.

0904-kanye-west-twitter
Kanye posted nearly 100 tweets in a little over two hours. It started innocently enough with: "Man I love Twitter... I've always been at the mercy of the press but no more...  The media tried to demonize me."

Then it moved on to: "Remember in Anchor Man when Ron Burgandy cursed on air and the entire city turned on him? But this wasn't a joke. This was & is my real life."

And: "People tweeted that they wish I was dead... No listen.  They wanted me to die people. I carry that. I smile and take pictures through that."

Then he finally brought up Taylor: "I wrote a song for Taylor Swift that's so beautiful and I want her to have it. If she won't take it then I'll perform it for her."

Later: "When I woke up from the crazy nightmare I looked in the mirror and said GROW UP KANYE ... I take the responsibility for my actions ... I am not a bad person. Even in that moment I was only trying to do good but people don't always need my help ... Beyonce didn't need that. MTV didn't need that and Taylor and her family friends and fans definitely  didn't want or need that."

After several more it ended with, "I'm sorry Taylor."

Kanye has gone Twitter silent since then.

Morgan Schnip

I don't wish him dead. Don't care. I do wish he would go away. Leave it to TMZ to dig into the dark corners and come up with this crap. They give celebrity to nothings like this.

JZ

Go blow yourself Chickenman! The prick is so narcissistic that he only follows 2 people on Twitter and they are Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber. If thar doesn't say something, I don't know what does.

Jock

Hey Kanya apparently like MTV and Hennassy, Twitter and Hennassy dont mix either. Now just go away douche bag.

Doug

Eventually a compost pile like Kanye will disappear, wish i could speed up the process

KateMae

Kanye West doesn't need forgiveness, he needs to grow up. He may be an adult in years but, like many of his fellow entertainers, is a mental child.

I Luv TMZ

Actions speak louder than words Kanye. Once a douchebag, always a douchebag.

Jon

He should just attack the Catholics for free publicity like Madonna does and leave other stars who are making money for corporate Hollywood alone

Jon

Gives a new meaning to Celebrity rehab.

spyder

He might want to learn how to spell...there is a difference between there and their. Just saying.

F the haters

wtf are people saying its too late
he apologised on jay lenno, on is blog right after....but everybody was too busy talkin **** about him...

then he goes of the limelight for a year, to change his attitude, then apologises massively, and acknowledges his flaws....AND PEOPLE STILL HATE HIM??? haters gonna be haters i s'pose

WDC

I SEE KANYE'S BEEN HITTIN THE SAUCE AGAIN! look, if his music sucked he would be sunk, but since he ROCKS he should just go on being the same dude: "TOP 10 Hits," and embarrassing outbursts here and there. believe me, a lot of people support his eruptions.

dd

I'll forgive because I know that the hardest thing in the world is to bury your parent before their time...(I know kids are the worst but I hate to talk about that). I think you went a little crazy..Do better because your arrogance is far out of control even before your mom died.

leavemelalone

No thanks Kanye, youre still a piece of **** in my book. Take your over inflated ego and get the freak out of here. Youve learned nothing and will just throw a tantrum the first time you dont get your way. Your just an overgrown baby who hates white people

nessa

im pretty sure he didnt kill someone.. the man made a mistake and in my personal opinion one im sorry should have covered it.. he didnt take the award away from her, he didnt take her fans away from her and he didnt take her music away from her..if she says its ok than so should we

PB

Kanye grow up no one cares about you.