Kanye Goes on

Twitter Rampage,

Seeks Forgiveness

9/4/2010 3:17 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Just a few days shy of the one-year anniversary of his infamous Taylor Swift-interrupting rant, Kanye West decided to complete the Twitter step of his 12-step forgiveness recovery plan ... by unleashing a flurry of tweets to express forgiveness, regret and nearly every emotion in between.

0904-kanye-west-twitter
Kanye posted nearly 100 tweets in a little over two hours. It started innocently enough with: "Man I love Twitter... I've always been at the mercy of the press but no more...  The media tried to demonize me."

Then it moved on to: "Remember in Anchor Man when Ron Burgandy cursed on air and the entire city turned on him? But this wasn't a joke. This was & is my real life."

And: "People tweeted that they wish I was dead... No listen.  They wanted me to die people. I carry that. I smile and take pictures through that."

Then he finally brought up Taylor: "I wrote a song for Taylor Swift that's so beautiful and I want her to have it. If she won't take it then I'll perform it for her."

Later: "When I woke up from the crazy nightmare I looked in the mirror and said GROW UP KANYE ... I take the responsibility for my actions ... I am not a bad person. Even in that moment I was only trying to do good but people don't always need my help ... Beyonce didn't need that. MTV didn't need that and Taylor and her family friends and fans definitely  didn't want or need that."

After several more it ended with, "I'm sorry Taylor."

Kanye has gone Twitter silent since then.

Previous 15 Comments | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19

used2liveINXS

tyturden wrote: give kanye a break koooook asss bloggers.
he apologized. over and over and over. even went on a manic twitter rant.

You are half right. He "went on a manic twitter rant." To whine. There was nothing resembling an apology. Trying to justify INSANE, off-the-wall, psycho behavior by saying you were trying to do good... Not an apology. I don't know what that is other than proof of his need for intensive therapy and rehab.

Tydurden wrote: kanye, bigger than life, took a good six months off from rap to re evaluate his rap status.

Kanye not bigger than life. Kanye big, whiny, jerk. Just an incredibly stupid, annoying, self-absorbed man with an unimaginative, hackneyed, body of work. Some of the worst, self indulgent, tripe in recent history. And that's being kind in the interest of brevity. I'm still trying to process the bit about taking six months off to re evaluate (sic) his rap status. What the???

As for the Kanye squad:
Again, reading, watching, and posting on TMZ is merely entertainment. A guilty pleasure and not indicative of anyone's religion, avocation, career, lifestyles, etc. There are a few exceptions (those who like to share), but that's the basic deal. Personally, I'd like to share how tiresome it is to read the ALL CAP ramblings repeatedly stating that anyone who doesn't share their view is a "hater." Please come up with another word or two! It's a step up from the moronic "the President wasn't born in U.S." blather -look it up and see it for yourselves, idiots! Or do you not realize Hawaii is a State? - but working my last nerve nonetheless. Right up there with "party," "conversate,"and "for reals." Thank you!

michelle

I all have one word to say about kanye U SUCK

Anna

Very much not a cool thing he did a year ago @ the VMAs but I sense he is s sweet soul. I really feel he is sad and remorseful of that mistake. I feel a sad little boy inside the man. I feel really bad about him losing his Mama. I'm really against the Kanye bashing. How about more positive comments letting him know your opinions about how he can make a better life in being a better influence on us all. Kanye, I know a you're a sweetheart and have made mistakes like us all. You have apologized profusely. You wrote a song for Taylor? That touches my heart. I'm not too familiar with your music but I have seen some clips and can see you are truly talented. God bless you sweetheart and simply ask your creator for continued guidance. Also, if you don't already, ask what your Mama would do in the future if you have any impulsive inclinations. They say $ money can't buy happiness, but it sure can help others in need. My fond thoughts are with you. What happened was wrong, let's move on, brothers and sisters. "...without sin cast the first stone..."

DEBRA

I'M OVER THE THING WITH HIM AND TAYLOR AND I STILL DON'T LIKE HIM AND NEVER HAVE. I ALWAYS THOUGHT HE WAS A SELF ABSORBED ASS HOLE,KANYE YOU THINK PEOPLE ARE HATERS BECAUSE WE DON'T LIKE YOU, SWEETIE WHY DON'T YOU HAVE SOME ONE TAPE YOU FOR ABOUT A WEEK THEN YOU VIEW THE THINGS YOU SAY AND DO THEN YOU'LL SEE WHY YOUR SO DISLIKED!

grammy

Mr. West, you are a gifted performer, but sometimes your behavior gets in the way of the real "you". Please get some professional assistance on how not to react impulsively to other people's insensitive words. Rise above it. Good luck.

Danny Brown

why does he need our forgiveness? he aint do **** to me except make great ****in' music for me to listen to.

Simon1080

I say the hell with all the Haters. Every single one of these mofos posting crap on here.. would want to be you in a second. DO NOT think otherwise. Its much easier for people to hate on somebody successful than to appreciate them. Brush your shoulder off and enjoy your life as you should. Your banging one of the hottest females on the planet ... that alone deserves mad props never mind the fact that god knows how much cash you got stashed LOL :) pimpin pimpin pimpin... Pimpin!

Serena

Never heard of him. What's his talent?

ITLAbyteme

OMFG seriously though GROW UP KANYE...this is still a ****ing publicity stunt. he needs to get over the fact that he is hated in some circles...i mean HOW MANY ****ING TIMES has Kanye gone loco on air. umm wasn't he the one who called white people racist at some point, AND he prances around glorifiyiing a term " ni***a" that was used to undermine people of his colour. PLEASE KANYE give it a rest...rest up for your next maniac show.

pyrochick

He's a ***got and a douche bag and has such a gay looking mouth. He's with the right person for him now, Kim Kartrashian! They are both made for each other, both retards in every sense of the word! He is one self-absorbed-pompass ass just like her! They need to go disappear someplace together! They both look like ****!

kitnplayn

Hey, he was drinking and his racial history kicked in. You got to be a little sympathetic to that. Get over it. As much as I hate Kanye as a talent and a personality, I think wishing him dead is a million times worse than what he did, so the haters have to live with that. He can't take back what he did, so the only way it should still be an issue is if he was not apologizing.

Previous 15 Comments | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19