Robert Schimmel Dies

9/4/2010 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Comedian Robert Schimmel died last night in a Phoenix hospital from injuries he sustained in a car accident last week. He was 60 years old.

0904_robert_schimmel_BN_getty
As TMZ first reported, Schimmel was the passenger in a serious car accident after his daughter, who was driving at the time, swerved to avoid an accident. She's still in the hospital, but we're told she'll be ok.

Schimmel is perhaps best known for his work on "The Howard Stern Show."

Bill

Such a funny and good guy, who deserved better breaks in life.

Bill B.

Tron_Carter

Loved this guy. Way to go kid. Never drive again please

Mr Baxter

RIP, Robert went through a lot of **** in his life and turned it into great comedy. Stand-up lost one of its best today.

Buckeye

Boy, TMZ was all over this one. Does anyone work at TMZ after 5 p.m. on Friday?

Nicole

RIP Robert. I had the chance to meet him just this past November when he did a stand up show. I was able to talk to him after the show while my hubby was in Iraq. He was gracious enough to give me some free CD's & DVD's to send my husband overseas. Way to support our troops Bob. Much appreciated. You will be missed.

SantaFeJack

I had the pleasure of seeing him perform in Denver, and spoke with him briefly after his performance...a funny guy on and off stage. A sad ending for a man with such a great sense of humor and who had already gone through so much.

Lori

I don't know much about this man, but his mother, Betty Schimmel wrote an incredible book called "To See You Again" about her life during the Holocaust. I feel badly for her ... she's been through a lot.

Janny

Lori,Betty Schimmel passed away this last June,she was a remarkable woman.

John Hamilton

Hey everybody..... I have a big **** in my yard.

just me

Not only did he battle and win over cancer, he also had a son who died at a young age from the disease. For such a rough road, he always made us laugh and smile. I believe that is why we are so full of grief now. We feel the loss of his spirit. And Im gonna miss his face.

123

wow...I have never seen TMZ posters be so kind. Ever.

RIP Bob.

ó|ó

it happens, i know stories from the past where kids driving happen to end up in an accident and the parent dies, that is just so sad, accidents happen to the best of drivers, you never know, it's dangerous out there, horrible... death can happen in such random silly events too, you never know, it isn't anyones fault

Voted 4 Obama and Completed my Census

Wow, R.I.P

veronica

I feel bad for his children, and his first wife Vicki. As a human I feel bad for him. I don't know him but his actions spoke louder than words.
He cheated on his wife Vicki with this "money hungry whore named Melissa" Usually if a man cheats on his wife with a slut, he uses her then throws her away and stays with his decent and pure wife. He was stupid enough to leave his wife for this slut. And his stupid daughter went along with it, talk about loyalty to your mom! Melissa is forever tarnished and karma will get her back 100 times over!

John

This is truly heartbreaking! He was one of the funniest people I have ever seen. He died a fighter and never gave up when the elements had him on the mat! He will be truly misssed!

R.I.P. Robert