Robert Schimmel Dies

9/4/2010 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Comedian Robert Schimmel died last night in a Phoenix hospital from injuries he sustained in a car accident last week. He was 60 years old.

0904_robert_schimmel_BN_getty
As TMZ first reported, Schimmel was the passenger in a serious car accident after his daughter, who was driving at the time, swerved to avoid an accident. She's still in the hospital, but we're told she'll be ok.

Schimmel is perhaps best known for his work on "The Howard Stern Show."

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

michael brandt

Robert was a gift to the world. He helped me through my cancer ordeal and his views gave me hope and made me laugh at the same time. His daughter and my son were discussions on a few ocassions and his daughter was his pride and joy. Robert taught me alot through his comedy and his personal views and his passing is a loss to all. Robert rest in peace, my dear friend.

cindy

Rest in peace Schimmel,thanks for making me laugh, you will be missed.

Mike

The funniest,most raw,talented, quick witted, and intelligent comedians ever. What a shock. This poor man went through hell the last few years,and this is the culmination of it all.. wow..He will be missed in the world of comedy and entertainment and as a dad and friend as well.

Michelle

How very sad. I hope his daughter has the knowledge that this was not her fault, if it was not his time he would have lived. I take comfort knowing at least he didn't die slowly fighting cancer. It's a horrible way to go. However it really does suck that he beat cancer only to be taken away anyways.

Barry Collrin

Condolances to daughter and family,your father was a great show and went through a lot,he's at peace now and yoy should know that his humour gave us all many moments of pleasure,I will remember him in my prayers.

Bob Goodden

I bought Robert Schimmel comes clean when it came out. "Blowing the body shop guy" is now tragically bittersweet. I feel for his daughter, poor thing.

Keara

His routine on Cancer was classic and his approach to his battle was awe-inspiring. I am searching for his comedy routine on the net right now so that we can watch it in honor of him tonight.

Christopher

Ill miss this funny mother ****er, pissed myself every time I listened to him...R.I.P

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8