« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Hulk Hogan Hospitalized Due to Back Pain

9/6/2010 5:12 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources close to Hulk Hogan tell TMZ the wrestling legend was taken to the hospital today because of "excruciating back pain."

Hulk Hogan Hospitalized
We're told Hogan -- who has had several back surgeries throughout the years -- has had trouble the past few days and woke up this morning unable to get out of bed.

His girlfriend called the ambulance and, we're told, he was taken to a local hospital in Clearwater, FL.

Sources tell TMZ Hogan is still in the hospital where tests are being run.

UPDATE: Hulk took the time to post a video from hospital room. Intestinal fortitude, brutha!

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Cartman

Years of throwing his body around is starting to cost him.

Get well bro.

hooker

never date a babe 20 years your youth...Grandpa Ho

Bubba Ganoosh

All those years of body slamming King Kong Bundy, Andre the Giant and the Iron Sheik had caught up to him.

John

I hope you feel better Hulk... I know that pain **** and it sucks.

kev

Several back surgeries and complaining of back pain AGAIN, try something DIFFERENT fool, surgery doesn't solve everything you idiot.

John

@17 stfu you are just pissed in life that nothing you can do will make you famous. That guy wakes up and goes out and dose more everyday than you could even think of.. I am sure people would rather be a has been than a never was..

@22 So its Hulks fault the guy wasn't wearing the seat belt? Reports and experts on both side made it very clear he would have been fine if he buckled up. Hulk went and got the guy the best Dr's around but then his parents had to hire some sue happy lawyer who put a stop to it. They kept dragging out and wanting more money. Hulk made a offer the min they filed the papers and it was more than they ended up with at the end. Greedy people never win.

Hell he could have taken his chances in court and just because the guy didn't wear his belt on his own would have got him off.

John

@25 try what? Do you have these issues? Do you even know wtf your talking about?

for as crippled as his back is there isn't much else. not like he can just wish it away

BallaBlocka

Pull through Hulksta! I just broke my left arm, about a week ago. As soon as I get my cast off, it's back to training, saying my prayers, and taking my vitamins, just like you used to say!

Sean

It's amazing how much height Hulk has lost over the past 30 years, due to back injury and surgery. Check out that Rent-A-Center commercial with him and Troy Aikman. Hulk is about an inch shorter than Troy now, and Troy is only like 6'4". I think Hulk was 6'7" or so when he started out wrestling.

bring back recent posts

osteoarthritis in his spine or maybe cancer of some sort, all those steroids can come back and haunt him, odd..the couple of times I got severe backpain...I sure couldn't move my arm...dunno why he is sharing this..geez, time to sit back in a good recliner Hulk..take care of urself.

Vegas Wrestling

Hey Hulk, notice no one has said one word about TNA here? That's because no one knows what it is, no one watches and nobody cares. You're stealing money from the mark owner who's stupid enough to pay you to get no ratings and no PPV buys for her. You're a genius Hulk, you managed to milk another dumbass promoter out of money and do nothing for them in return.

Texacan

He should have been admitted for being a royal pain in the ass!

allAMERICAN

WHY DON'T YOU GET THAT TRASHING SON OF YOURS TO DRIVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?? HE'S PRETTY GOOD AT PUTTING PEOPLE IN THE HOSPITAL!!!

kickaboo

Well, I feel sorry for him cause I have back problems. I sure the hell didn't feel like having my pic took if the pain was bad enough to be hospitalized (last thing on your mind, just make the spasms and pain stop), bet the docs and nurses are thinking...hmmm.

John

@37 I agree man. People talk **** but they never understand.
Looks like they gave him something but you can hear he is still in pain when talking.

To all the haters and professional butt plugs... Treat your back right. You do only get one like that say and ****ing it up more than anything. I would do almost anything to have my life back.

I also wouldn't wish this on anyone. The pain killers only work for so long and then your sol etc..

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments