'Beetlejuice' Actor

Glenn Shadix Dies

9/7/2010 5:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Glenn Shadix -- famous for playing Otho the interior decorator in "Beetlejuice" -- died this morning after falling at his home in Alabama ... this according to his sister.

0907_glenn_shadix_BN_01
Shadix's sister Susan Gagne told The Birmingham News that the actor was "having mobility problems" and may have fallen out of his wheelchair and "hit his head in the kitchen."

Susan told the BN she believes the blow to the head caused his death.

Glenn -- who famously participated in the iconic "Day-O" dance in the movie -- was 58.

See also

Sharky

I wonder if he received the handbook for the recently deceased?

me

the 500lb gorilla in the room. it will come out soon he had aids, when ever a high profile gay dies and they will not be forward with the cause, it ends up being aids

Hunter

R.I.P Glenn Shadix
You was a great actor in all the tv and movie appearances you made

J.E.B.

I thought Glen Shadix was so funny as "associate Bob" in the movie "Demolition Man", bringing humor to an otherwise dark drama. Be well, Glen, and rest in peace.

Oblivia

RIP Glenn aka Otho, Beetlejuice was and always has been my favorite movie, and your hilarious performance will live on in our hearts forever.

jim

how do you fall from a chair and hit your head so hard that you die on the spot. I'd say a million to one odds that this could someone could die like this. i hope there is an autopsy.

Big Mamma Cornbread

GOD BLESS HIS SOUL...LOVED HIM IN BEETLE JUICE.

loveygoo

wow. I didn't hear about this. he's been in oodles of things. sorry to his friends and family.

Kyle

Glenn was a neighbor and in mine and my partners homeowners group and hung out at our pool a lot. He was always there for every party entertaining us all. We were there when he lost his home to fire and amazed at how amazing he handled the situation and kept his chin up. Glenn wanted equality for everyone and was friendly to everyone and never threw his celebrity around. He was a great actor and neighbor and will be missed. RIP Glenn...you will never be forgotten!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3