Joe Perry

Ninja Attack on 'American Idol'

9/7/2010 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joe Perry is continuing to blast his Aerosmith bandmate Steven Tyler over his new "American Idol" gig -- but now, Joe's done dragged the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles into the feud.

0907_perry_turtle_stevenBN02
Perry went off on Tyler during an interview with the Calgary Herald -- saying, "It's his business, but I don't want Aerosmith's name involved with [American Idol]. We have nothing to do with it."

Perry added, "[Idol] is a reality show designed to get people to watch that station and sell advertising ... it's one step above Ninja Turtles."

As for the future of the band, Perry once again threatened to replace Tyler -- saying, "[You've got] four guys that are great together, and if you find the right singer, there's no reason you can't go and entertain people."

For the record -- the Ninja Turtles also used to sing ...

Everyones~A~Star

Perry about nailed it.

mat

Maybe A.I. could get one of the turtles to perform.

Lisa

Sounds like Joe Perry is jealous! When you hear "Aerosmith" you think Steven Tyler, not Joe Perry. Bitter man!

CCC

The one that least looks like a turtle is the turtle itself.

c

Is he smoking crack??? Oh, sure, it’s real easy to replace the lead singer in a band with four guys. Just ask The Doors.

Micha

Methinks Sour Grapes :)

John

Google or youtube "Aerosmith new lead singer auditions" Although I think they would go with a "name" singer

cj

Joe, what about Guitar Hero:Aerosmith... wasn't that solely about selling video games for PlayStation... or were you against that too? I imagine you gave all of your royalties to charity... right? ; )

solar panel

I'm with Perry on that one. Tyler's getting weird. American Idol? That's teenage nonsense, hardly making progress there, Tyler. The talent level on A.I. is on average lower than the belt buckle on a rattlesnake. Maybe he's never seen the show?

RJ Hunt

Aerosmith without Steven Tyler...that's like peanut butter and jelly without bread...JP is on crack if he thinks he can replace Steven Tyler...that has to be the most absurd statement I have ever heard...Joe, maybe you should you leave and we can get Jimmy Crespo back...lord knows he's a way better guitarist. And besides guitar players are a dime a dozen...Front men like Steven Tyler, they come around like NEVER...

AH

#12 (WOW) - I second that! I would totally watch the turtles judging AI. Anyone else sing the theme song to TMNT after reading this article? I know I did and it looks like #7 did too :)

Santa

Listen Joe! Without Steven Tyler none of you would be where your at today. Futhermore, if you are dumb enough to try without him then Steven will get the last laugh.

Travis

Umm yeah. I seem to remember being at the Kodak Theater when Joe Perry was playing with SANJAYA... just saying... I wasn't like, oooh, look there's Joe Perry from the Joe Perry Project.

RJ Hunt

Yo Joe it's called "SHOW BIZ" don't be jealous just because Steven is better at it...

Bippy

Why does Steven Tyler look like sosmething that DARWIN had in mind in his theory of evalution??? or is it the years of using mind altering substances like Keith Richards that gives them that primordal look????

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments