Joe Perry

Ninja Attack on 'American Idol'

9/7/2010 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joe Perry is continuing to blast his Aerosmith bandmate Steven Tyler over his new "American Idol" gig -- but now, Joe's done dragged the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles into the feud.

0907_perry_turtle_stevenBN02
Perry went off on Tyler during an interview with the Calgary Herald -- saying, "It's his business, but I don't want Aerosmith's name involved with [American Idol]. We have nothing to do with it."

Perry added, "[Idol] is a reality show designed to get people to watch that station and sell advertising ... it's one step above Ninja Turtles."

As for the future of the band, Perry once again threatened to replace Tyler -- saying, "[You've got] four guys that are great together, and if you find the right singer, there's no reason you can't go and entertain people."

For the record -- the Ninja Turtles also used to sing ...

laura

me thinks joe is going through menopause, want some cheese to go with that whine?

Laura

Hmmm.....I'm a huge fan of Guns N' Roses and Aerosmith. From what I can tell, Aerosmith needs a singer. GnR (Axl) needs a high profile band. Both need to be able to work in crazy relationships. Both have already performed each other's songs. I'm just saying...

Dan

Interestingly, Tyler did a guest shot on Two and a Half Men, a show created by Chuck Lorre and Lee Aronsohn. Chuck Lorre composed the theme song from the original TMNT cartoon (and is said to have been screwed by the studio on royalties from Tape/DVD sales).

sleepd

Sure, 4 guys can go out and entertain some people.

Just ask Journey.

Jen

Jealous Joe that no one wants YOU...Seems to me he needs to take a look at some of the MANY awards these "reality advertising hounds" have won...Grammys galore and even an Oscar...I'm sure Fox gets a kick back from the Academy(s) for that right? What a moron...

Rick

Easy Joe...as guitar players go, you're not exactly Hendrix...you can be replaced easily!!!!

diogenes

Cowabunga---two ugly dudes.

Raejean

I don't care who's right or who's wrong or who's got a big head; but I'll tell you THIS:

Tyler is the face and the voice of Aerosmith. If Perry thinks it's an easy replacement, I wish him the joy of proving himself wrong.

kali

woohooo calgary!

Booger McGee

I suppose both of their heads could be a bit bigger?

Naaaaahhh... they both need to shut up and work it out. Aerosmith is the only thing they've got going. Individually... well, they'll just end up like Hulkster and start doing Rent-to-Own commercials.

Nostradamus

What a f***ing hypocrite...
Joe Perry, on American Idol, with freakin' Sanjaya

oh the irony

Birdsht

Tired old relics noone but 80's hags are into. Steven Tyler is just repulsive to look at. Who could want to look at that saggy faced old man as entertainment. Steven Tyler and J-Lo sound like some kind of practical joke. Makes Kara and Ellen look like good choices.

cbucks

I'm amazed AI would allow someone that ugly on the panel.

Jackie

Joe needs to shut his piehole, He thinks he can drop Steven and still be the same??? LOL he must have a big head to think it would ever be the same. Tyler should just walk out and watch Joe fail, then Joe can really bitch he aint makin no more money!!!

wasted days and wasted nights

I think Mr. Tyler is a goofball for even wanting to be an Idol judge, but it is evidently his thing and good for him, he's gonna do what he wants to do. But Mr. Perry should give it a break and relax, already. Aerosmith has lasted about three decades longer than they should have--they can thank their lucky stars and rappers for that.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments