Beyonce Pays the Price for Bothering Neighbor

9/8/2010 12:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Beyonce Knowles just ended a legal war with a guy who claimed the singer "invaded his neighborhood" for a video shoot -- but it took a whole lotta cash to end the grudge match.

Beyonce Sued By Neighbor

We just spoke with Philip Markowitz -- the guy who sued Beyonce and her production crew back in May for allegedly wreaking havoc in his neighborhood -- and dude told us he just scored a 5-figure settlement to drop the case.

As we previously reported, the trouble began when Beyonce used a home in the Hollywood Hills to shoot a music video for the song "Why Don't You Love Me" ... and the crew allegedly trespassed onto Markowitz's driveway.

Markowitz tells us, "I'm happy with the settlement, but this lawsuit shouldn't have happened in the first place."

He adds,  "They set up on my property without asking and [the settlement] should send a notice to other production companies that they need to respect the rights of property owners."

mysteria333

BEYONCE...HOW GOULD YOU PAY THAT GUY ? ANYONE ELSE WOULD HAVE RAN TO THE PHONE AND CALLED UP THIER FRIENDS AND SAID (GUESS WHO'S IN MY DRIVEWAY ?) AND WOULD HAVE BEEN EXCITED AND PROUD. BUT YOU ARE WEALTHY AND FAMOUS SO HE SAW A CHANCE TO GET SOME OF YOUR MONEY... I'AM SO SICK OF THE GREED IN THIS WORLD THAT I COULD SCREAM!!! ..IF THEY ARE ACCUSING A CELEBRITY OF SOME FORM OF SEXUAL ACCUSATION,, HARRASSMENT OR PROPERTY ABUSE,, THEN THEY THINK OF SOMETHING ELSE,, ANYTHING! YOU CELEBRITIES SHOULD STICK TOGETHER IN A SHOW OF FORCE WHEN THIS NONSENSE STARTS ,, AND STOP PAYING THESE PEOPLE OFF.. MORE IMPORTANTLY PRAYER,, SINCERE PRAYER WOULD STOP IT FROM HAPPENING IN THE FIRST PLACE.. I HOPE YOUR CAREERS CONTINUES TO BLOSSOM AND DO WELL.. GOD BLESS

Mimi

I love Ms. B, but when you are wrong, you are wrong. I would have been pissed too. If someone crossed my property, not to mention used it without even a "oh do you mind" I would have a problem with it too. I'm sorry to say that not being considerate can be an expensive.

That money won't break her bank. Next time, be a good neighbor and think of others and avoid this PR situation.

Mee

Her "FAULT" for turning her back on the ghetto;
You can camp on their grounds,they'll work for free, and feed you and your crew with their food stamps.
She knows where to go next.

Big Mamma Cornbread

CASH TALKS AND BULL**** WALKS,....AND HE WAS HAPPIER THAN A PERFORMER AT A CHABAD TELETHON.

bebefj123

He's a gold digger. With his attitude, bet she isnt the first person he has sued. Now this gold digger can buy him a new car to park in he driveway they so called trespassed on.

Janis

I was never much of a Beyonce fan...but the video is one of the best of all time....the song's great also...

zurabeth

Great insights. I loved to read your article. You must be putting a lot of time into your post!That is some inspirational stuff.

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

Is she still around? She is 45 minutes into her 15 minutes of fame.

Clarissa

what a freakn $$ grubbn jerk...

anna

#31
Posted at 4:49 PM on Sep 8, 2010 by mysteria333

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You must be poor, uneducated, wacky, ‘celebrity crazy’ girl if you think that (if you were him) you would call your friends…be proud and happy to see Beyonce. Not all the people are amazed or impressed by a celebrity, like you are. The production company should at least ask Mr. Markowitz’ permission…and pay for using his property – they were making video to earn money (big $$$ ) from it.
I understand why he didn’t go out and asked the crew to leave his property, as somebody here suggested, you don’t want to put yourself in the situation that you are ignored, make fun from or yell at…the best way is to sue them…because they should know.
Not only that the crew should ask him… they should ask everybody on the block for the permission to disrupt the life of people living in the area. Next time I see the trailer blocking my driveway I will also sue…just because they are celebrity doesn’t mean that my life must stop. Thank you, Mr. Markowitz for sanding them a clear massage.

Mark

It's obvious the ones telling the home-owner to "shut up" etc are not home-owners themselves. In fact, you're probably 13 yr olds because you're listening to Beyonce.

Keep quiet kiddies, the adults are speaking.

DeeVa72

Another pic with closed eyes. Are you guys trying to draw attention to Narcoleptics Anonymous??

karl anglin

As good looking and talented
as Beyonce is, a little simple
courtesy in this matter would
have avoided a financial payout
to begin with.

buck

he need to shut the **** up

Voya

right us right; wrong is wrong. PAY UP!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments