Susan Boyle Walks Off 'America's Got Talent'

9/8/2010 8:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Susan Boyle has left Los Angeles in tears after being snubbed by a songwriter who refused to let her sing one of his hits on "America's Got Talent."

0908_Susan_Boyle_lou_reed_getty_tmz_EX

Susan arrived to L.A. earlier today to perform the song "Perfect Day" on the show.

Sources connected to the show tell TMZ ... producers needed permission from the songwriter, Lou Reed -- the former lead singer for The Velvet Underground and famous for "Walk on the Wild Side" --  but at the last minute they were informed that Reed refused permission because he isn't a Boyle fan.

When Boyle found out, she dissolved into tears -- unprepared to change her tune for the show.

We're told Boyle went to LAX this afternoon -- still in tears -- and is catching a flight back to London.

"America's Got Talent" refused to comment.

0909_cry_babies_footer

Quinn

that Boyle chick needs a psychiatrist who doles out Xanax. and often. Lighten up lady.

Mel

Lou Reed is just an idiot. He is a washed up has been who looks as unattactive as a dehydrated slug. He is probably bitter and twisted and just pissed off because he is well out of the game. He was never really good enough to be famous anyway , he just seemed good because there was not alot of competition and everyone was high on drugs at the time.

Susan needs to start coping with small set backs like this . She is way too talented to waste her brillance in petty childish tantrums. She needs to grow up and get over hitches.

I love Susans voice , please Susan dont destroy yourself

nitwit

I don't blame him. I wouldnt want my song butchered like she did the songs on her CD. Go back to the UK and stay there ugly freak SuBo.

WhoWhat

And now thousands of people are collectively asking, who the hell is Lou Reed. Besides a huge douche bag... Lame.

altarflame

I am glad that I have never liked Lou Reed. Seems to me Susan should just drop that song off her new album and he'll lose a lot of money, and people's respect.

Light_Bringer

Given Susan Boyle's vocal range, why would she even choose this song? Lou Reed doesn't really even sing, he just pretty much talks.

dd

Nitwit, he was a nitwit for not letting her sing he would have made a ton of money for her singing his song. He is an old dried up prune. Also he is doing this for publicity because the show asked him months in advance for permission he is full of s....!

SUN

He sounds like a ****

nitwit

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS - I didnt want to see her ugly fat face on AGT anyway. This isnt BGT - go back and stay there where you belong.

Freaks!

Hey, that's the cranky old man down the street who chases away all the kids! Frankenstein! He's actually making Susan look good, lol.

bring back recent posts

my gawdz...he looks like he could be her father? or...brother???? lmao

CriticAl

That dried-up, old mummy! He's as ugly on the inside as he is on the outside.

CGS

Finally, someone with some stones. If I didn't like someone, I wouldn't let them sing my song. Why should he?

As for Ms. Boyle, what a baby. Suck it up! Like they say, "the show must go on".

Team Lou!

lisa

Susan should of been prepared for another song or better yet....she should have her own material to sing so she doesn't have this problem.

benice