Susan Boyle -- Email Confirms Lou Reed Rejection

9/10/2010 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Susan Boyle was "absolutely devastated" when she learned Lou Reed had personally blocked her from performing one of his hit songs on "America's Got Talent" ... so says Susan's manager.

Lou Reed & Susan Boyle
TMZ has obtained an email that Susan's manager fired off on Thursday to FremantleMedia -- the production company behind "Talent" -- saying:

"Susan was absolutely devastated to be told on the morning of the show taping that Lou Reed had personally decided to block her singing his already much covered song, 'Perfect Day,' on 'America's Got Talent' in L.A.."

The email continues, "We obviously had no idea of this prior to leaving London. None of us can understand the decision given that it's such a beautiful rendition of the song."

Susan's manager also explains that Susan decided to pull out of the show entirely instead of changing her tune because she only learned about the rejection with "less than two hours to go before the recording" and had "no other new song rehearsed."

A rep for Lou Reed has reportedly stated that the former Velvet Underground singer didn't throw the kibosh on SuBo -- but obviously, Susan's camp isn't buying it.

Kelly

Man, that's so not cool Lou.

2 hours??!....Really?!?

The woman had been practicing and flew in from London.

BTW, denial is no excuse.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

somehow I dont think this is the first time she has been rejected

Kathryn

I'm sorry, but I'm just not on Susan Boyle's side. There's such a thing as acting like a professional. What she did wasn't professional. She behaved more like a diva or a spoiled brat. She couldn't have what she wanted so she took her toys and went home.

There's been many times I haven't been able to have what I wanted or had my heart set on. I, as an adult, accept there's a lot in this world I can't have, and settle for something I can. I doubt she sang the same song over and over again to win the BGT show. So there are plenty of songs she could have sung.

She needs to act like a professional. I doubt she's the first singer who was refused rights to sing a song, who went on to sing another song. For all the Boyle supporters attacking read, bottom line he didn't make him storm off in a huff because she couldn't sing the song she wanted to sing. That was all her doing.

We all face many adversities in life. It's how we conduct ourselves that judges us, and the way Boyle conducted herself was very poorly.

Janice

I am a huge Lou Reed fan; but what's that all about? I would consider it an honor to have my song out there and heard again by the masses..... Lou, get your head out of your a**.

Manuula

is the ugly stick still in one piece?

k

This is what you wanted...Now grow up...or quit and go live your life. Your with the big kids...making big money...

If you are not mentally stable enough...quit! You have people around you who can protect you from these situations.
It's show BUSINESS!

He is bitter...so what...it has nothing to do with you....

Bill F. Murray

Holy batsh*t, if you were to add Phil Spector's mugshot you'd have a whole salad of UGLY!!!

Quincing Snuff

Thank GOD someone else has the guts to admit that she stinks. SHe's horrible. She's flat, sharp, gruesome and looks like she has downs syndrome and acts like a child. She was a weird human interest story and people felt sorry for her and then felt guilty for thinking she suukkeked when Simon Cowell was saying how great she was,
Kudos to Lou Reed for calling a spade a spade.

S

Truth

SUBO IS A NO TALENT F*CK!!! HER 15 SEC ARE UP. BLAME IT ON SIMON COWELL FOR PUTTING THIS MENTAL RETARD IN THE PUBLIC EYE WHEN SHE DIDNT WANT IT AND OBVIOUSLY NOT PREPARED. HOWEVER, HER FREAKIN "NO OTHER SONG " BIT IS AN EXCUSE. NOW YOU TELL ME, WHAT OTHER PROFESSIONAL SINGER DOES NOT HAVE ANOTHER SONG ASAP??? EXACTLY... SHE PUT OUT AN ALBUM DIDNT SHE? THE BITCH COULD EASILY SING ONE OF THOSE LAME TUNES. GOOD RIDDANCE!! AND DONT COME BACK TO AMERICA AGAIN, ****...

Quincing Snuff

That just goes to show you that everybody doesn't care that much about money. If he doesn't like her he doesn't like her and he stood by his morals and didn't let her sing his song. Now if she was a real pro she would have said ok and picked another song instead of acting like a 5 yr old. I don't see the big deal over her. geesh!!

Posted at 6:12 PM on Sep 8, 2010 by TheBestHeEverHad

Quincing Snuff

I'm sick of this whining little woman...whaa I can't sing the song, whaa I want to go home whaaa, what a fcking tool this woman is. She's just not cut out for show business. If she cries like a little girl about this just wait till she really gets fcked over. I mean show business is all about get stabbed in the back and screwed over, that part of the business. If you can't handle this get the fck out and go back to singing to your cat's. People would give their left arm to have the chances this woman has and all you hear about is her fcking meltdowns about the most innocuous things. I can’t stand her. Go home curl up under your bed and don’t come out of the house until you start acting like an adult. She’s been in the spotlight for long enough that she should be able to handle something so insignificant. What, there are no other song she could sing? If I were Lou Reed I wouldn’t want her putting the elevator music touch on any of my tunes either.

Posted at 6:01 AM on Sep 9, 2010 by Whamo

Quincing Snuff

She’s been around long enough and in the public eye long enough to at the very least not have a meltdown every time something doesn’t go her way.
She loses a bag at the airport...whaaaa, they have to change her room at the hotel...whaaaa, they don’t have the right cat food..whaaaa.
Why doesn’t she just sing that stupid Dream a Dream song she sings every single time? This lady is no real performer; she’s a frumpy dumpy bag lady that surprised us with a very pretty voice that didn’t match the body, that’s it, that’s all. She had her day in the sun now it’s time for her to go away and leave the performing to the REAL artists that can handle the “pressure”
I sang in a band for 10 years and the first thing you learn to do is adapt to the situation at hand figure out what needs to be done then get out there and do what people payed to see. It's quite simple.

Posted at 6:48 AM on Sep 9, 2010 by Whamo

Quincing Snuff

REED IS ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!!! SUSAN BOYLE IS A NO TALENT FUGLY ASS HYPE MADE UP BY SIMON COWELL AND BGT. REED RESPECTS ARTISTS THAT CAME FROM NOTHING TO SOMETHING AND ARE ORIGINAL IN TALENT AND ARTISTRY. NOT LIKE BITCH BOYLE WHO USED HER FUGLY LOOKS TO IMPRESS A STUPID AZZ BRITISH AUDIENCE. TRUTH!!

Posted at 6:19 PM on Sep 8, 2010 by Truth

ruby

Get over yourself Lou Reed. If you haven't earned you street cred by now you never will.

Critical

If Low Reed is gonna act this way I'm not buying any more of his albums.... oh wait.. I don't think he's making any anyhow..

As far as saying Susan did not act professionally and should just have picked another song, it's not just the song that changes, there are outfits and rehearsals and positioning on stage etc that the performer and the behind the scenes staff need to rehearse.

Those claiming to be professional and offering their opinion on how immature Susan acted, well let's just say singing Karaoke or even in a bar does not make you qualified to comment on the level of performance and production that Susan and Lou have.

I'd probably have a **** fit too if I had just flown 13 hours to find I now have to adjust because of last minute denials

And what I find funniest of all when people say she should act like a professional... do you mean like the professional cutting her hair off and attacking a car with umbrella? Or like any number who have been in detox or jail? Any of the unlimited 'professionals' that get up on stage completely messed up on whatever their substance of choice is? At least she wears panties (yeah ok I'll give ya all the yuck on that one....)