Susan Boyle Walks Off 'America's Got Talent'

9/9/2010 8:36 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Susan Boyle has left Los Angeles in tears after being snubbed by a songwriter who refused to let her sing one of his hits on "America's Got Talent."

0908_Susan_Boyle_lou_reed_getty_tmz_EX

Susan arrived to L.A. earlier today to perform the song "Perfect Day" on the show.

Sources connected to the show tell TMZ ... producers needed permission from the songwriter, Lou Reed -- the former lead singer for The Velvet Underground and famous for "Walk on the Wild Side" --  but at the last minute they were informed that Reed refused permission because he isn't a Boyle fan.

When Boyle found out, she dissolved into tears -- unprepared to change her tune for the show.

We're told Boyle went to LAX this afternoon -- still in tears -- and is catching a flight back to London.

"America's Got Talent" refused to comment.

0909_cry_babies_footer

Gisele & Benjamin's SoHo Stroll!

The day after strutting some killer couture on the catwalk , Gisele Bundchen popped up on the streets of NYC with the one person who can steal her spotlight: Her adorable son, Benjamin.

0909_gisele_launch
While the supermodel mom did some serious window shopping in SoHo, her cute baby with Tom Brady caught some Zzzzzz's.

Shhhhhh ... he's sleeping.

New Spa & Hotel Caters to Celebs on Four Legs

A new 32,000-square-foot hotel with private luxury suites, a salon, spa and even limousine transportation is set to open in an exclusive part of Los Angeles next month and they have just one rule: no humans allowed.

\
The Barkley
(get it?) is getting ready to open its doors in Westlake VIllage on October 25 and they are planning a giant grand opening with an A-list celebrity pet guest list. They are planning on doing their own version of Grauman's Chinese Theater and having famous pets put their paw prints in the cement outside the hotel.

We're told so far invitations have been extended to the pets of celebs like: Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, Jennifer Aniston, Rihanna, Nicole Richie and more.

No word yet on who will actually show.

Guess Whose Silly Son!

Can you guess which awesome mom took a break on set to play with her little beach boy?!

0909_whose_kid_launch

"NJ Housewife" Kim G -- From 2-Faced to 2-Pieces

While at the Jersey Shore this weekend, wannabe "Real Housewives of New Jersey" villain Kim G had no one to double-cross ... so she showed off her mature lady parts in a hot pink bikini instead.

0907_kim_g_real_hw_launch
Classy Kim, age unknown, really is a Shore thing.

Previous 15 Comments | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65

Donna

I think he does not like Susan because she can sing.
have you heard him?
I had to look on youtube omg
he horrible!

Lisa

What Lou Reed did was a disgrace to the musical industry. Susan Boyle could have sung his song and it would have made the song an even bigger hit.

To many fans he was very disrespectful towards an amazing singer.

He has lost my respect forever. Good Luck, Susan, and remember, this ignoramus will never bring you down.

All New York City loves ya, Susan!!!!!!!!

Carol

I'm from New York City and you're right we all love her. Susan will be fine. Not to be disrespectful to Lou Reed but I went and listened to two versions of his song. One with him doing a solo and one with Mr. Pavarotti and they were both terrible. Susan's version is up on youtube and she did a very nice job with it.

pt

Final Words on the matter: IT'S HIS SONG!

Donna

Final word it might be his Song
If was a song writer I would let someone sing my Song for two reason 1 my song would be heard again and maybe get a few new fans of of it
2. I would also make money of it
Lou Reed is a mean old bird and and Stupid!

blake

Susan Boyle's new CD ....." Dancers Must Die".......now available at Psycho Records......... with the hit single......" Electric ShockTreatment Blues"..........and other never before heard songs including:......" Three Chins in the Fountain"......."Me and My Cat"......."Kill the little Bastards".........get it now while supplies last. The first 100 people also get her new dance video featuring the "Susan wiggle"..........and leg flash..............

Donna

Susan has a lot of Class.
Something that Lou guy would not know if it hit him in the face,

joyce

Mr. Lou Reed,
Just because you don't like someone does not mean that the American people didn't want to hear her sing again after all there are people that don't like you and what you do for a living
all I can say is you hurt another person that is a loving kind lady so for her I will not call you what I'd like to because I believe you will be paid back maybe not today but it is coming I do believe it always comes home to roast Hope you think twice before you hurt anymore people sure would hate to think you would burn in HELL.

Lois

Opintions are like butt holes everyone has one! at least I'm not afraid to post my name on here!

Nate

Posted at 5:36 PM on Sep 15, 2010 by Lois>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Good for you. Very brave of you to use your real name, being you're the only woman on the planet named Lois. BTW, learn how to spell, or at the very least, use spell check...

rick rivets

What would you expect from a jerk from Freeport LI. I scream you scream we all scream for egg cream. Great lyrics Lou keep em coming. His whole career was built around Warthogs hype. Maybe it's time to start wearing his wigs as you're getting a bit on top or is your head getting so filled with your ego it's gonna burst.

jerry

She is a wonderful talent with a great voice and good future so then----heads like him should be ignored by her s spit upon by the rest of us---Lose him America

Previous 15 Comments | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65