Susan Boyle

Sings 'Perfect Day'

9/10/2010 2:49 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained audio of Susan Boyle singing "Perfect Day" -- the song that drove her to tears after being told she couldn't sing it on "America's Got Talent."

Susan Boyle Perfect Day
We broke the story ... Lou Reed -- who wrote and sang the song -- is not a fan of Boyle's and would not give her permission to sing it.  Although Reed's reps have reportedly denied he withheld permission, we have posted an internal email between Boyle's manager and producers of the TV show that says otherwise.

We just got this statement from Simon Cowell, creator and Executive Producer of "America's Got Talent," who says if Reed did turn thumbs down it's "petty -- so pathetic."

Cowell adds, "Loads of people have covered this song ... Well Lou, if you're listening to this, do we have permission, yes or no, to put the song on 'America's Got Talent' next week?  Personal request from me."

Ange

Well if Simon has personally requested the rape of "Perfect Day" then ****, Lou better bend over backwards right away before he gets his knickers in a knot. God, whatever happened to effing rock and roll. I hate current music, the mere notion it's existence.

Jessie

Susan strikes again! And once more with great emotion and talent. With her beautiful voice, she could sing the phone book and make it sound fantastic! Bravo, Susan!!

Len

Isn't this bitches 15 minutes up yet? Who could possibly care about her?

ElisabethIsDisgusting

Lou Reed-- WTF??? Surely this song has been done way worse than by Susan Boyle! Get OVER yourself, you haggard old geezer!

Dorinha

For anyone calling Lou Reed a nobody, it's time for you to enroll in Rock History 101. The "Velvet Underground" were among the most influential bands of their generation. Fair enough if you don't agree with Reed's position on the Susan Boyle fiasco, but dissing his musical legacy suggests to me that you're listening to too much Bieber.

Dani

@snap

I thought that's what I heard and that was where TMZ got the audio snip from but, wasn't positive. Thanks for clearing that up for me and for the rest.

I'll repeat it in case they didn't see your original post, Lou Reed gave Susan Boyle permission to record the song for her new CD and to make it her own. He just wouldn't allow her to sing it on the America's Got Talent. Which, to me makes no sense at all but, that's jmo.

anni

I demand a public apology by Skanky Boyle to Mr. Lou Reed for all of the emotional hardship and stress she has caused. I DEMAND AN APOLOGY.

anni

Then again, why would Lou want her to sing it in the States.

NDCOOP

Hey Reed, I think you laced your weed with too many other chemicals. Get over yourself.

canook

79. anni it should be

I am calling for a public apology from skanky Lou Reed for
Susan Boyle for causing her pain and discomfort. How dare he make her crying in public, bad press stories in media, etc......
Susan tried to be best as she could, and Reed do something that WAS NOT professional and put spin on it and MAKE it her looks very bad in public eyes NO NO NO

And Meryl: Please continue writing as your song Unicorn is also very good. You sing it beautifully.

Posted at 12:41 PM on Sep 10, 2010 by anni

anni

Yeah, she is great if you are into Lesbian nuns singing Rock n Roll. Don't think so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kkiwi

First, people over 60 have to listen to music too....so f off. Second Susan Boyle has a really good voice, and she is excellent for some venues, like Broadway musicals, live specials, church music, easy listening. Not everyone has to be Pink, or Beyonce, or Avril Lavigne. I think Lou is being mean spirited. There are older people out here in the world, and Susan is a great inspiration that people can achieve goals at any age.

Dennise

It isn't if we care for her singing or not. She enjoys singing and hurts no one. Why not let her sing it? Pety not to.

anni

Lou is OLDER than Skanky. I DEMAND A PUBLIC APOLOGY TO LOU REED!

arealrascal

If I wanted to listen to crap like that, I'd head over to the produce section at Von's.