Lady Gaga -- Proof She Stole From Dead Friend?

9/11/2010 4:48 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The mother of Lady Gaga's deceased friend is taking the singer to task because she feels Gaga stole her daughter's style -- and she's put together a video to try to prove her case.

0910_lady_gaga_video_tmz
TMZ has obtained the video made by Lina Morgana's mother made to show the similarities between the two singers. The video is set to a song Lina recorded before she committed suicide in 2008.

Lina and Gaga were friends before Gaga made it big, according to Lina's mom, Yana -- who claims the two worked together back in 2007.

Yana tells TMZ she just wants the recognition she feels her daughter deserves. She's also trying to secure the rights to several songs Gaga and Lina did together before her death.

Sources say Gaga feels awful that a woman died at such a young age -- but, we're told, they barely knew each other.

Keke

Lady Gaga is one hell of an performer, activist, and she IS a musical genius..this woman should be FLATTERED none the less..However, there is not enough of anything in that 2 minute video to prove the nonsense she wants us to believe...

Kelly

It would be nice for this grieving mother to have her daughters talent recognized.

Posted at 5:05 AM on Sep 11, 2010 by Jeff Becker
__________________________________________________________

Absolutely, I agree 100%. I think she sounds awesome. I wonder what the name is and if there is any music out there that could be downloaded?! I need to check her name out.

Ohsowhat

Gag has zero originality to her, she's stolen from everyone who has come before her, including, but not limited to, Madonna and now seems even a dead friend and doesnt have the guts or courage to admit it.
I wish this hack no talent would just fade away already.

The Common Man

Sorry to see this beautiful young girl took her life, but I kept thinking, Cher, Cindy Lauper, Madonna and a number of other female artist when I watch ALL the photos.

Kelly

Yep. She's done nothing 100% original. I've seen it before.

I think her "monsters" are blinded by youth, that's all.

I must say since you mention Cher I have to retract what I said abt Madonna being 1st. She wasn't;She made a huge impact but Cher, The Supremes, Dionne Warwick, The Pointer Sisters, Artetha, Good God, it goes on and on really. Great point.

slaphappycretin

Lady Starlight and Lady Gaga were doing these looks and songs ages ago. This chicks mom might be looking for money.

Ohsowhat

OMG I'm so embarrassed I forgot Cher. Cher is the shizzle!!!

speck

"she just wants the recognition". Yeah, and just a simple chunk of the cash from the songwriting rights.

There are some similarities in some of the looks, but that's probably more related to them just being popular types of clothing more than anything else. You take thousands of pictures of a popular woman who has to change outfits every day, inevitably you're going to wear something that resembles her stuff.

Shark

…that is pretty lame by the mother, amazing what grief will cause you to do (or is it greed? she is suing right?).
wow..two people had somewhat similar styles…don’t a million people have similar styles…even then….gaga is way more theatrical in her outfits etc.

but one thing that gaga definitely did not steal from the girl who did herself in…her singing…which i could barely listen to, it is generic and occasionally off note…..whereas gaga…when i have heard her sing acoustically at times has an amazing voice…too often hidden behind the production. this girl? sad she is gone..but she has zippo talent. that song in the video the mother uses is so dreary and poorly sung..to try and connect that to gaga? due to a girl holding up a little mask and singing badly?
no way. way. no way. way.

kimmie

i feel sorry for the mom's lost but lady gaga copying her? I don't believe so one single bit. I saw the comparison and there's nothing gaga have done that someone hasn't done and those pictures are more of way to stir more heat and i thought what the mom did was unnecessary. She should had put up her daughter pictures on youtube as a memory not a topic to talk about.

DJ

I don't get why you have to make a joke out of your daughters life by trying to pull off the con that Lady Gaga ripped her off. The song was beautiful, the girl was beautiful. Thats it. No big story here. I could probably find a hand full of pictures of myself from 5 years ago that look like the Lady Gaga pics of today; that's what happens when your have hundreds of fashion photo shoots.

twohop

This lady has got to be joking, I could find hundreds of pictures of other people posing in similar positions and similar outfits that that both gaga and this other girl are wearing. Get over your daughters death lady, just cuz Gaga has money and you're not getting any doesn't mean you have to try and get her money. I'm not even a fan of Lady Gaga but this lady is just stupid.

kimmie

Bitch

If you breath these days you are coping someone. Everything seems to have been done in some way, or in some form by another.

Mike D