Lady Gaga -- Proof She Stole From Dead Friend?

9/11/2010 4:48 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The mother of Lady Gaga's deceased friend is taking the singer to task because she feels Gaga stole her daughter's style -- and she's put together a video to try to prove her case.

0910_lady_gaga_video_tmz
TMZ has obtained the video made by Lina Morgana's mother made to show the similarities between the two singers. The video is set to a song Lina recorded before she committed suicide in 2008.

Lina and Gaga were friends before Gaga made it big, according to Lina's mom, Yana -- who claims the two worked together back in 2007.

Yana tells TMZ she just wants the recognition she feels her daughter deserves. She's also trying to secure the rights to several songs Gaga and Lina did together before her death.

Sources say Gaga feels awful that a woman died at such a young age -- but, we're told, they barely knew each other.

Woody

Who really cares? What artist hasn't borrowed anything from any other person? As far as fashion goes...you can copy something you see from a magazine. I just think the mother of the dead girl needs to just take a chill pill. You are not getting any money so stop trying to use your daughters suicide as a way to pay your bills. Pathetic

haha

Drag queens like to dress up like other people.

No seriously, come on. Lady Gaga dresses like drag queens, club kids, Liberace, Cher, Bjork, Madonna, Marilyn Manson, Shania Twain, Elton John, ravers, Twiggy, Mr. Bubbles, The Michelin Man, Jem from Jem and the Holograms ('memba that cartoon?)...

And they both stole the red scarf over the head look from the lady on the famous National Geographic cover.

No such thing as original.

dd

After watching the video all I could think of was that your daughter must have admired Cher.. your daughter didn't invent the style..So stop this silliness and honor your daughter.

stargazer

Nothing she does is original. She steals from everyone else, why wouldn't she steal from a dead friend?

Tigger

Everyone gets their inspiration from someplace... I don't think that there is enough similarity to say GaGa ripped off this girl. It's not like someone can own a look anyway. Madonna did most of those looks years ago anyway.

hollywood87

I'm sorry to say, but this is a little uncalled for. Every artist takes a little from every artist. Otherwise, there would be approx. 10 musicians in the world because no one would be able to sample from others unless a lawsuit would ensue. *IF* GaGa is sampling from your daughter, be happy that your daughters style is getting out there for the world to see, regardless of who's doing it. Stop hating on GaGa. She's amazing.

markwel

ummm.... NO

Celebrities Suck

what a tragic story.

I'm not a gaga fan, and who wants to be a fan of some chick that calls her fans monsters and always looks like she's high as a kite on coke.... Not me! I am a fan of myself, I am my own celebrity I don't worship any singer. The only time they care about their fans is when they are promoting something, such as concerts, books, cd, etc etc.

Melanie

most of thois looks were madonnas in the first place...the truth is when you come from a similar placve there are similar trends that are coming forward..but even if she did influence or copy the same style..BIG DEAL>....gags voice and pkg total is her own..........

gigi

I watched the video, and the similarities are not enough to convince me Lady Gaga copied her daughter.

Sara

Lady Gag is pathetic! She stole from her dead friend and she is a fake!!

Superman

I got news for you, Lina's mom, that's NOT ART!!! It's dressing like a ostentatious whore for attention.

iloura

I am sorry for this womans loss but it seems instead of channeling her grief into something positive she has gone the wrong way and is just grasping at straws here. The poses she included are pretty common, nothing unique about them; and the same goes for the outfits and style she claims gaga is ripping off her daughter.

Jeannie

I sympathize with Lina's mother, but it is not true that Lina "never had a chance" to show the world her artistry. Sadly, Lina decided to check out instead.

sam

OMG People....I have no interest in GaGa but you could do this type of a video comparing anyone. If anything they both stole from Madonna, hows that for a comparison? Some people have too much time on their hands like me for even writing this!