Michael Richards Sued for Brutal Beatdown

9/11/2010 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Seinfeld" star Michael Richards allegedly unleashed a devastating ass kicking on a photographer in L.A. last month ... this according to a new lawsuit obtained by TMZ.

0910_michael_richards_GETTY_EX
According to the suit, photographer Brendon O'Neal claims Richards approached him on an L.A. street on August 25 in a "menacing manner ... with closed fists" -- then proceed to beat the crap out of him.

In the suit, filed Friday in L.A. County Superior Court, O'Neal claims Richards punched him in the face, knocked him to the ground, and then "proceeded to kick [O'Neal] numerous times, directing the blows to [O'Neal's] arms, hands, and camera."

According to the suit, O'Neal claims he suffered "great mental, physical, and nervous pain and suffering" -- and is suing for an unspecified amount for damages, medical expenses, and much more.

The lawsuit gives no explanation as to what triggered the alleged beating.

Richards has been known to go off ... e.g., the famous "N" word rant at The Laugh Factory in 2006.

Calls to Richards' rep have not been returned.

Criss

This sounds like the photog is trying for a quick payday because he figures Richards is an easy mark.

Nancy

LOVE the pic!

LongJohn69

I'd like to "POP a Ratzi" in the nose, myself. Good job, Michael!

anonymous

I thought it was "Doc" from Back to the Future! Its the crazy eyes...

Carl

Well I'm sure this paparazzi photographer has images of the incident right? Or did a guy who is paid to take candid shots of celebrities for a living just happen to not have his camera ready when this happened?

Billy Bob

How come the cops were not called and why was he not charged and tossed in jail. Because the pap is full of crap i bet.

Polly

If the photographer was the one who took the picture used for this article he deserved it.

Prince Von A-Hole

Its generally cheaper to pay off the liar then to fight in court and the Paps know this. The Pap gets 500,000 or a rip off Hollywood attorney gets 1,500,000 for 10 minutes work.

Prince Von A-Hole

Hey maybe he could hire Harv for $50.

Strunz28

Go Kramer!! The guy probably deserved it.

jaundicedeye

photag probably deserved it.

upnorth

the patts probably deserved it.

david

Richards is a has been and never has been very funny, just sort of a "****".

Tina

I can actually vouch for the guy who took Michael Richards picture! I know from first hand experience just what an enraged,psychotic Michael Richards is.
I said hello to him one day and he jumped in my face like he was going to kill me. He was screaming f bombs at me. I called the police on him and he took off. The cops did not pursue because luckily he did not strike me. I did not sue of course. He did scare living hell out of me.
Trust me it caught me totally off guard. He needs to be locked away. Fame or not if a total stranger did that to you the story would be the same.

Dorinha

Royalty checks from "Seinfeld" alone will keep Richards a very wealthy man for the rest of his life, whether he works another day in the industry or not. He created one of the most memorable characters in television history.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments