Oksana Grigorieva Switches Lawyers

9/14/2010 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Oksana Grigorieva has officially switched lawyers in her custody war with Mel Gibson.

091410_oksana_sorrell_gety

We've learned Oksana signed a retainer agreement this afternoon, officially hiring Sorrell Trope to replace her existing family law attorneys.

Trope's firm has represented all sorts of A-list celebrities -- including Anna Nicole Smith and Britney Spears.

So far, Oksana has not been able to squeeze an extra penny out of Mel in family court -- she's still getting $5,000 per month in child support plus housing expenses.

This is the second time Oksana has switched legal teams since her custody war with Gibson fired up.

Diane

I wonder how she sleeps at night knowing she underhandedly created this mess!

Posted at 5:12 PM on Sep 13, 2010 by Muppet
=================================================

In my imagination, she sleeps upside down hanging from the rafters...

Posted at 5:13 PM on Sep 13, 2010 by Shell

ROFL!@Shell

@Muppet she probably has no problem sleeping as her conscience never seemed to develop....she seems to think this whole world was made for her use.

Mee

SHE'S A RUN AWAY TRAIN HEADING FOR A WRECK

Shuffle Demon

agree Shuffle, she's not going to tell them everythingggg she has done or she would never find a lawyer to rep her. I think once she retains them and they take a look at whatever information they have on her they bail. That's what seems to be happening. Not so much that they bail I guess, but once they start telling her what she can expect to happen then she's not satisfied and moves on to the next one. I think they have alot on her, and I believe they are still getting information on her. I wonder how she sleeps at night knowing she underhandedly created this mess!

Posted at 5:12 PM on Sep 13, 2010 by Muppet
----------------------------------------------------
Muppet, Well I think this could be a case of her misleading her attorneys telling them things went down one way, and they talk to Mel's attorney's or the investigators and they are hearing a different story. Not too many Lawyers are goijng to stick their necks out for a client that isn't being forth right with them, cause that also puts their neck on the line

Shell

You know, if she doesn't end up in the clink then we will all be here for the next 17 years since we know she will never let up on Mel. lol just kidding But seriously, we all make a good team no matter if it's Team Mel or Team Truth. We all want to see her pay for all she has done...and knowing she would then become someones biotch in prison kinda makes me smile with an evil grin.

Fidel's niece

Ok$a wants to sign up Matlock, Ironside and all the lawyers on
"Law and Order" (she heard they are moving to L.A.)Lolo!

I wish judge Judy was involved, she would kick her ass out of the courtroom and tell her to get a job!

Shuffle Demon

Posted at 5:23 PM on Sep 13, 2010 by Shell
--------------------------------------------------
Think Mel will let us rep him in defamtion Lawsuit against her and R.O.L ? We will roll into the court room and tell Mel's Lawyers they can go and have a smoke we have it handled and then proceed with all our evidence, and wait for OxSanity to get on the witness stand and then we grill her for the next 3 months straight...Mel could use another 30 Lawyers, and best of all we are cheap...lol

Shell

Hell yeah, SD. I'll work for cheese curls. :)

fuddyduddy

Wouldn't that be hysterical if OG goes before Judge Gordon asking for more money for legal fees and he said NO! What then?

fuddyduddy

Posted at 5:23 PM on Sep 13, 2010 by Shell
________________________________________________________________

Oh, hell, Shell...if we're on the boards that long then we'll have to start sending each other birthday cards and Christmas cards!

KoalaBabe

I'm off to work, take care all and god bless!!

Fidel's niece

@ Fuddy @ Shyone

here, from TMZ aug 22 post

Mary Fulginiti for DV case and partnering with
James Spertus for family law case.

WhoKnows

Posted at 5:35 PM on Sep 13, 2010 by fuddyduddy
______________________________

This is what I'm expecting. Normal people have a budget (in this case $250,000) and those same normal people live within that budget. I'm thinking the judge gave Oinky a $250,000 budget. When she goes over, she's liable, unless she has good reason that she had to change lawyers. I'm don't think she has a good reason other than she's not getting her way. This could be fun. ...when she has to change lawyers again for not paying this guy's bill.

Muppet

In my imagination, she sleeps upside down hanging from the rafters...

Posted at 5:13 PM on Sep 13, 2010 by Shell

LOL Little cape over her face too I bet to hide those fangs of hers.

Muppet

Posted at 5:17 PM on Sep 13, 2010 by Diane

I think at night when she's home alone her conscience would probably creep up on her. IMO at some point the fact that she could be charged with extortion and go to jail has to play on her brain. I personally hope it does for the sh*tstorm she brought upon Mel and her children.

Just Saying

If there is indeed a limit on how much money Mel has to pay for her lawyers, wouldn't Trope know about this already ? Wouldn't he already know if OKs is running close to the limit ? I agree there must be some sort of a limit to prevent financial abuse of the system. Maybe Trope is just offering counsel and advice (which is cheaper) than full court representation (very expensive).