Oksana Grigorieva Switches Lawyers

9/14/2010 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Oksana Grigorieva has officially switched lawyers in her custody war with Mel Gibson.

091410_oksana_sorrell_gety

We've learned Oksana signed a retainer agreement this afternoon, officially hiring Sorrell Trope to replace her existing family law attorneys.

Trope's firm has represented all sorts of A-list celebrities -- including Anna Nicole Smith and Britney Spears.

So far, Oksana has not been able to squeeze an extra penny out of Mel in family court -- she's still getting $5,000 per month in child support plus housing expenses.

This is the second time Oksana has switched legal teams since her custody war with Gibson fired up.

Previous 15 Comments | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65

fran

TMZ live on Mel being treated like a cash register was was extreeeemely painful to watch because I wanted Harvey's opinion, not someone with the IQ of a grapefruit. I'd have turned it off if I didn't have a lot of resolve. Mike needs to be put back in the mail room because he is not only stupid but habitually interrupts Harvey, who has far more interesting things to say. Harvey could barely get a word in! I don't know how he can stand that. Only a third of what was spoken was interesting, and it was only when Harvey was speaking.

Posted at 9:42 AM on Sep 14, 2010 by Frieda

oh you are so right, I just wanted him to shut up and let Harvey talk...boy he is frustrating (Mike I mean )he wasnt even trying to be fair until Harvey pointed out a few facts to him.

fran

Why did V leave? She is great at sleuthing!!

Posted at 11:45 AM on Sep 14, 2010 by HarlotO'Hara

hi yes I was wondering about V myself...I liked her posts.

fran

@646

mspaap...the Mel OG matter is what lawyers refer to as an "ooops" and that's it. Have you ever had an "ooops" in your life? Always made the correct decisions; never messed up? If so, then you are the first person I have ever known like that. Don't you deserve some kind of medal?

So you think Mel's 'boatload of money' that he has donated to charities isn't good enough? Well, how about that. I guess he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. He can't win for losing with politically correct people like you. If he gives money, then there must be some underlying reason he's doing it. It surely can't be because it's out of the kindness of his heart. If he didn't donate to charities then he would be labeled as selfish and uncaring, along with the other labels that politically correct people like you put on him. It's a no-win situation for him isn't it?

Posted at 11:49 AM on Sep 14, 2010 by fuddyduddy

boy Fuddy that is so true.....poor mel he cant win for losing with some people....but we know he is a kind and caring soul.

mspaap

Author: fran
Comment:
@646

Respectful greetings to you fran

I will address your points in the order that you made them.

Fran asked :Have you ever had an "ooops" in your life? Always made the correct decisions; never messed up?

Mspaap answers: Yes, I have and more times than I care to admit. One of my favorite analogies is this one,

" The next time you feel perfect, try walking on water;
This is why the last comment I made last night was, "Give this guy a break. I should've added, "He's having to deal with his actions in ways he would much rather not have to do.
I also said, "Its wrong to keep kicking someone who has been knocked down."

Fran asked : So you think Mel's 'boatload of money' that he has donated to charities isn't good enough? Well, how about that. I guess he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. He can't win for losing with politically correct people like you

Mspaap answers: It is a fact that rich people often give money to charities for tax write offs and.or because they care about people no matter what their race or religion is. People who are not rich also give money to charities for the same reasons.

I understand why you perceive my statement about Gibson charity contributions as being cynical but it stems from his
statements he's made, ..." Fu*king Jews... The Jews are responsible for all the wars.."then his going on to make racists remarks and slurs about Hispanic and Black/African Americans. ( Pack of N*ggers... "Wetbacks...etc)

I deplore the above remarks , yet I would still fight for his right to speak freely, in the land of the free, but these comments make me think his charitable contributions are given for a tax write off.

Also, I've witnessed how easily verbal abuse can turn into physical abuse. I've witnessed the detrimental effects that resulted in mental castration and deaths of the mentally and physically abused. Unfortunately the police can't be everywhere.

If proven Gibson did not do these things, I will be the first to acknowledge that I'm wrong. If proven he did, the man needs serious anger management and mental help.

Fran asks, It's a no-win situation for him isn't it?

No I don't believe it is a no win situation for Mel Gibson.
If he receives competent psychiatric help, he should be forgiven
because no one is perfect fran. (That includes me.)

I'm not bothered by being referred to as People like you,lol
Thanks for writing a comment that respectfully disagrees.

JO.

Hi FuddyDuddy! You seem to know alot about Mel. If you know him ...Would you tell him i have been a fan for over 25 years and i REALLY love him, i would take good care of him, if i had him!!! Yes,i am a women! All of the posters here are so interesting with your devotion to MEL! I have alot to say but, everybody takes the words out of my mouth! Only the positive tho! So, i just read! JO

Pjjones

Shes a gold digger.. All she wanted was money in the first place.. She had this all planned out.. Just like the one legged thing Paul McCartney had to deal with.. She doesn't want to work for a living, she wants it handed to her, like alot of other people

George McCasland

Mel Gibson should counter file against Oksana for the child support, PLUS a percentage of her income, to go into a Trust Fund, that will control distribution to make sure it is spent on the child.

Previous 15 Comments | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65