PETA

Gaga's Meat Dress is a Maggot Magnet

9/13/2010 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lady Gaga may have smuggled in a few extra guests to the MTV VMAs last night -- because the people at PETA think it's likely that her raw meat dress was "crawling in maggots."

Lady Gaga Meat Dress

A rep for the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals tells us that Gaga "has a hard time being 'over the top,' and wearing a dress made from cuts of dead cows is offensive enough to bring comment."

But the rep notes that if the dress was made from actual meat -- and not the fake stuff  -- it wouldn't take long to go sour ... saying, "After time spent under the TV lights, it would smell like the rotting flesh that it is and likely be crawling in maggots."

Still hungry?!

Bradley

I used to love her music until this episode she has just put on. I know think she is a disgrace of a human being. im definately not going to be listening to her music again

Janna

#14 (Loki4ever) Sounds like youre a bit of a HOMOPHOBE! Shes put ALOT of dedication and hard work into her artistry. odd? maybe bt please....a real artist she is. AND ya know what separates her from the rest? She APPRECIATES her fan base.
And im not gay OR under 18. Let me guess. a real artist is who " EMINEM? HA!
Pathetic.

Liz

I like her,She goes all out and does it very well!!!

jls

Grl you go, keep pushin it. We get it.

Kiersten P.

i mean i understand why PETA has an issue with it and it might have offended certain groups of people. but everyone knows she is the way she is and they shouldn't judge her on what she wore. its her choice. freedom is a right. PETA is free to say what they want and shes free to wear what she wants.

Melissa

Lady gaga is an idiot.

boogabooga

The title should of been PETA gags over GAGA.Besides thats how cavewomen use to dress.Just ask Jack Black in Year One.Or Arnold Scwarchenaggar in Conan the Barbarian.Charlton Heston in Planet of the Apes.(ha-ha). see my video of me immitating Mel Gibson ordering a pizza. i even sound like him. youtube,Azmith8,myvideos. till next time. P.S. iwonder if shell donate the dress?

JVM Fan

Veggie Rockers take out Gaga in video

jan

She needs her head examined.

Meghan C.

I love this dress and the other 2 dresses she wore that night. I don't think she was trying to get under PETA's skin, nor was she trying to make a statement that she supports killing of animals. I don't think she is wearing bunny rabbit meat or an endangered animal. I'm thinking pork of beef. The thing that saddens me the most is she was there for a cause and no one cares about it... which was the Don't Ask Don't Tell (DADT) policy... I don't know if it was her outfit that took away from the cause she was there for, or people really don't care... and that sad. Don’t be surprised when another singer comes out with a meat outfit. Did anyone notice that Katy Perry now wears wigs? I wonder where she got that look from. Kesha came in a trash bag, and most of the time has crazy make up on… Yes, Gaga has crazy outfits but pop singers should be thanking her for opening up the door for thinking out side of the box!

burself

being herself and making loads of money shes doing better than anyone who is commenting on here so...

Jenna

PETA is beyond stupid and so is anyone else who think the dress is actual meat. I mean really, are they that retarded? even gaga isnt dumb enough to wear something that would smeel like rotting flesh and be crawling with maggots under the hot lights. Also, to get maggots you need...flies!! and are any flies visible in any of the pictures? no. if it was real meat shed be surrounded by them. Case Closed.

truth hurts

That outfit is really disgusting. Animals lost their lives for this...at least let the meat be a meal for someone. People are hungry and she is walking around in prime round...disgusting. And we wonder why other countries hate us.

BellT

I agree with #166. And to the people that think the meat wasn't real; it actually was:

But even in this, she isn't original:

Heed the 10 most wacky dresses link. I bet one of her assistants is researching that now so she can swagger jack some more.

Angelika

Ok...we can solve this problem....Throw Lady GaGa on a grill!