PETA

Gaga's Meat Dress is a Maggot Magnet

9/13/2010 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lady Gaga may have smuggled in a few extra guests to the MTV VMAs last night -- because the people at PETA think it's likely that her raw meat dress was "crawling in maggots."

Lady Gaga Meat Dress

A rep for the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals tells us that Gaga "has a hard time being 'over the top,' and wearing a dress made from cuts of dead cows is offensive enough to bring comment."

But the rep notes that if the dress was made from actual meat -- and not the fake stuff  -- it wouldn't take long to go sour ... saying, "After time spent under the TV lights, it would smell like the rotting flesh that it is and likely be crawling in maggots."

Still hungry?!

Ivan S

I dislike p.e.t.a. so much I'm now a Gaga fan. GO Gaga !!!!

william

f*ck off PETA

Angela

Even if it is real meat...who cares? People wear meat all the time but it's usually of the sundried variety called leather.

Woowoo

Peta is just a bunch of terrorists

happychick67

Her music all sounds the same. She is butt ugly. She tries to shock so people talk about her. When will her 15 minutes be up??

SurfingEagle

That really is disgusting. All the fat and meat oils mixing with her sweat. What a bacteria fest on the skin. The smell must be divine. What's next intestines for a belt and cow turds for a hat.

stephvig

I am not fan of Peta but I don't like that dress. Only because it's a waste of some good meat!!! YUM!!!

Bippy

Someone needs kick her ass off a high flying plane into the Alaska tundra with a pack of starving wolves and grizzly bears waiting to be fed and then we can find out how fast that bitch can run!!!!!!!

SakkeL

That would make real good barbeque. Just tie her on a pole and set on fire.

whitney

I love it just because she's daring enough to wear it. Lady Gaga keep it up!

northern gypsy

just watched "ellen" and gaga explained her choice of fashion...
ummm...she's getting political...
anyone who lobbies for a minority (gay right's)...it's kool with me !!!

GEL

I honestly cannot believe she told Ellen that she wasn't trying to be offensive with that meat dress. I understand she was trying to make a statement regarding people in the industry treating her like a piece of meat...but with as many people who are animal conscious and vegetarian etc...she had to KNOW she would be offensive.

Can you imagine being anyone near her in that meat-suit under all those lights (which get quite hot). She's lucky she wasn't "well done" by the time she walked off stage! That outfit was truly tacky. There are a couple of her songs I enjoy (but that's it) but her ridiculous outfits and stunts like this...really turn me off of her.

SakkeL

Maybe she should start to talk, instead to use stupid clothes for a statment and make an ass off herself.

KevinP

I heard she's hiding a tube steak under that dress.

Finnlady

She is seeking attention for herself at the cost of animals' lives. I think that tells enough about her. Disgusting.