Jennifer Lopez

Is a Go On 'Idol'

... for One Year

9/14/2010 3:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has confirmed ... Jennifer Lopez has signed a 1-year deal with "American Idol" for "a little more than $12 million" -- this according to sources connected with the show.

0914_jlo_american_idol_BN

It's somewhat surprising that the deal is only for one year ... given the nature of the "A.I." franchise.

Nonetheless -- as first reported by Nikki Finke at DeadlineHollywood.com, it is a done deal and Jennifer Lopez is expected to be at the judges' table for auditions next week.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

bring back recent posts

No Simon ..NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Show...yuck to lopez..ewwwwwwwww...

Carl

Has it been 100% confirmed that Steven Tyler is the other judge? I know it has been a foregone conclusion for a while but I haven't seen a story saying he signed a contract.

SpawnOfAzazel

Does anyone even watch this show anymore?

Danesy

The best part of watching this show for me was Simon. He's gone, and now you're going to replace him with J-Lo & Steven Tyler???? I wasn't goin to watch before ... and I'm certainly not going to watch those 2 judge people. Way to ruin the show Idol!

SayWhat

Oh great... another entitlement biotch. I cant stand her diva attitude. Jenny from the block my ass, shes Jenny owns the fcking block. No American Idol for me this season!

Birdsht

Congrats you just flushed the last of what this show had to offer down the toilet.

KD

The Beginning of The End of A.I.!

J.Lo(ser)? Really?

yum

Do you hear that? It's the sound of Paula Abdul screaming in agony.

I guess the producers made a good choice not to give Paula $5-10 mil for the year. Oh, wait...

ScroogeMcDuck

Meh. Never cared for this dumb karaoke show.
I seriously don't understand why a rock legend like Steven Tyler would sign up for this awful show. Money, I guess.

Kim

Ummmmmm, who cares??????? She sucks and the show is tired! Put it to bed!

sloppy seconds

USA taxpayers foot $823,000 bill to teach african males how to wash their genitals after sex.

Wow! What a country the USA has become. LOL!

carol

Show should be cancelled. Not watching anymore. Everyone is switching to X Factor.

Stan

Not an exclusive. Deadline.com broke this yesterday.

dman

Just one more reason not to watch anymore.

Bill F. Murray

One year contract cuz they know people won't be able to stand her any longer. Randy's contract is up next year, they can put together a compltely new panel...if the show hasn't tanked by then.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments