Jennifer Lopez

Is a Go On 'Idol'

... for One Year

9/14/2010 3:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has confirmed ... Jennifer Lopez has signed a 1-year deal with "American Idol" for "a little more than $12 million" -- this according to sources connected with the show.

0914_jlo_american_idol_BN

It's somewhat surprising that the deal is only for one year ... given the nature of the "A.I." franchise.

Nonetheless -- as first reported by Nikki Finke at DeadlineHollywood.com, it is a done deal and Jennifer Lopez is expected to be at the judges' table for auditions next week.

Previous 15 Comments | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11

Jean

I think having JL as a judge, is crazy. To me she doesn't know anything about singing. To me she can't sing, nor dance.Ratings are going to be low, very low.

Jean

Vicki

Middle aged actresses/singers have to stay in the limelight when they are no longer IDOL-lized. Jennifer is fun to watch when she does comedy, I even thought she was pretty good playing a battered wife and there are songs she made famous I will always love...but hey, when you're heading into your 50's it's time to act your age. Now its Jenny's turn to watch young, talented people take her place in the hall of fame.
So, we have three judges form different backgrounds; a Puerto Rican, a Jew and a Black so maybe the kids will be seen through different eyes.

Izzy

WHO IN THE HELL IS JENNIFER LOPEZ GOING TO JUDGE???????WHAT SINGER ON EARTH CAN THIS NON-ASS SINGER JUDGE?!?!!!!!! YOU GOT TO BE OUT OF YOUR DAMN MINDS????!!!!!!!!

anotherstupidtmzpost

I totally agree Maureen612. She's had to literally fight to carve a place out for herself in the industry. From what I've seen on do***entaries, she was ridiculed by other colleagues of hers when she was on In Living Color and went through a pretty hard time. IN her younger years there was huge pressure from her parents to not pursue a career in entertainment-- they wanted her to stay in college for law. But she risked it all and really roughed it out for years in a crammed apartment. Add to this the scarce availability of roles for Latino Americans (even more so a decade ago)and Jennifer's "non-stereotypical" looks and its pretty clear that the woman had to WORK HARD for her success. I've said this before, but it bothers me to no end when people--especially women-- put other women down by calling them "Ho's and sluts". if you don't like someone, fine-- but find a way of doing that doesn't resort to such repressive and misogynistic language. It just keeps ups women down.

marlena

Hey wish i cud hear from j-lo and steven tyler and i hope to hear the best of the best of their feed back, rock on,peace out and ppl what happend to ur support?!

lizzypoo

JLo what a joke how can you judge singers when you cant even sing yourself. I thought the show was about professionals in the industry judging talent. The show has lost credibility in my book I wont be watchong anymore.

LoJenk

AI Sucks and always has. For some comic relief on the subject check this out:

Previous 15 Comments | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11