Jennifer Lopez

Is a Go On 'Idol'

... for One Year

9/14/2010 3:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has confirmed ... Jennifer Lopez has signed a 1-year deal with "American Idol" for "a little more than $12 million" -- this according to sources connected with the show.

0914_jlo_american_idol_BN

It's somewhat surprising that the deal is only for one year ... given the nature of the "A.I." franchise.

Nonetheless -- as first reported by Nikki Finke at DeadlineHollywood.com, it is a done deal and Jennifer Lopez is expected to be at the judges' table for auditions next week.

raven

I agree with #33. This 12 million is too much for what. Does Jlo know people are poor and having a hard time. Does ai know? They have put themselves in a postion of no talent jlo and too much money...it is over. Poor Randy. And what is Steven getting paid? One year, 12$,Randy's contract is up after this year...it's over. No I will not watch. I did the last 2 years and saw the best ones come in 2nd,so what is up with that. A waste of my time for sure.

JLS

And with the signing of Jennifer, I declare AI DEAD. Bad move.

Missy

What a waste of 12 millon dollars! Seriously!

anitab

12 millions for what?

She cant sing, her movies sucks, her kids are ugly and her husband need a steak.

No more AI for me.

justagirl

AI execs show there naivete by signing a overrated celebrity, who in reality is a mediocre singer with an even small success rate as a successful actress as many of her films have bombed at the box office. The public will soon realize that the true star of the show was smart to leave on a high note as he unfortunately sits back and watches the show slowly deteriorate all due to bad decision making. Lopez was clearly not best choice.

Real love

A.I. should've have given that much money to Abdul instead of lopez.

Stacee

I haven't seen the last several seasons of American Idol so the changes don't really affect me. I can't imagine anyone being able to top Simon though. He made AI watchable and entertaining. Jennifer Lopez seems like the type that will either be too soft or too blunt...either like Paula or Kara.

alisemaria

C'mon all you posters - I bet 99% of you will watch out of curiosity. I'm definitely not on team J-Lo but I will watch at least a few times just to see the train wreck.

saywhat?

Yup. No more American Idol for me!

Free Articles Directory

American Idol is on it's way out.

Kim

JLo is a no talent hack. The only thing she was good for was making it ok for women to have a big ass. I wish she would go back to her block. Now she is so full of herself. AI has officially jumped the shark.

jwstorey

What???? 12 million dollars! I'll do it for 1 million dollars and I bet they have the same amount of people watch with me being a judge.
I think it's a win, win for AI they get to save 11 million bucks.

bring back recent posts

LMFAO...at # 68...ANITAB...brutal..but funny!

CDS

That's $12 mil down the toilet...

D