Jennifer Lopez

Is a Go On 'Idol'

... for One Year

9/14/2010 3:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has confirmed ... Jennifer Lopez has signed a 1-year deal with "American Idol" for "a little more than $12 million" -- this according to sources connected with the show.

0914_jlo_american_idol_BN

It's somewhat surprising that the deal is only for one year ... given the nature of the "A.I." franchise.

Nonetheless -- as first reported by Nikki Finke at DeadlineHollywood.com, it is a done deal and Jennifer Lopez is expected to be at the judges' table for auditions next week.

D

Never watched this show, never will.

Cheekee

OMG! What the hell have you done? JLO? really? I can just see it. The show is going to be more about the judges' bickering, whether or not Steven is either drunk or high and Jlo's outfits, than the contestants themselves.

Jeez!

!!I want my Paula back!!

Helix

American Idol was Simon Cowell...with a supporting cast of judges.
It makes no difference that J-Lo has filled a meaningless judges
slot. The television viewing audience will be the final American Idol judge and will vote "no".

angela

I've watched AI since the begining but now my husband will be glad that we will be able to watch something else. In order to judge talent, shouldn't you have some?

PC

Biggest Puta of all time! lol Good one!

dee

Not acceptable! This annoying woman ends every sentence with, "Ya know watta mean?" Cringe!

C

no Simon, no show- btw Lopez sucks

lynn

Jennifer Lopez is a terrible choice. Her hubby has 100x the vocals that she does, so he would be a more credible judge than her. Jennifer Lopez is just plain boring. Maybe they were going for boring. Too bad they didn't find a genuine female singer.... When was the last time that she had a top 10 hit....ever? What a waste of 12 million for her hair, makeup, dressing room, costumes, etc.....

Why didn't they call Cher? She would be entertaining & very credible.

Hans IqRa

Haterzzz man!!! Luv J Lo! :P

sheesh

$12 million????? WTF?????? I'm so pissed. I will NEVER NEVER NEVER watch that stupid ass show again!!!!!! This is totally F'd UP!!!!!!!!!

missindependent

Honestly....$12 million dollars is just sick! She should be ashamed of herself. I'm done with American Idol

Snerkles

So there's a chance I can only skip one year of A.I.? Good.
At the end of the year, the producers will be flailing around,
offering all of the wrong excuses, for the demise of American Idol. Guys, If you'd just pay attention, now, you'd see that
you've picked the wrong judges...and you could save your show.
But, noooooooo, you think Jennifer Lopez will add something.
El wrongo, fellas. 'Hear that flushing sound?

Jeff

12 million????? Are you kidding? I'll do it for 1 million and I bet just as many people watch the show with me being a judge and they will save 11 million.

Mike Marmolejo

Why would she even be a judge? She cant sing herself, thats why her albums suck!

Jay Wood

You first must have talent to know talent.