Jennifer Lopez

Is a Go On 'Idol'

... for One Year

9/14/2010 3:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has confirmed ... Jennifer Lopez has signed a 1-year deal with "American Idol" for "a little more than $12 million" -- this according to sources connected with the show.

0914_jlo_american_idol_BN

It's somewhat surprising that the deal is only for one year ... given the nature of the "A.I." franchise.

Nonetheless -- as first reported by Nikki Finke at DeadlineHollywood.com, it is a done deal and Jennifer Lopez is expected to be at the judges' table for auditions next week.

tstew1

With this new addition I'm NOT watching Idol anymore; the beginning of the end

Bubbles

You sorry haters need to get a life. Jealous...hahahahah

megan

It's like they are begging us not to watch the show. I've been a loyal watcher for years now, but not interested in what she has to say.

megan

can they just cancel it already?

sara

It's totally disgusting AI producers are totally IGNORING the public and are paying $12M to a woman that is a bad and terrible example of how to succeed in the music industry. A self-centered, lowdown b*tch that lip-syncs, and is always about HERSELF. This woman is so rotten and souless that she only involves herself in charity when she's trying to promote something she's got coming out. I've seen her have cameras following her and Skeletor around while she gets publicity for visiting children cancer patients at the L.A. hospital when she had a movie coming out, or she'll turn herself into a "Latina for a day" and darken her hair and skin, when she's trying to get Latinos to buy something she's got coming out. She was showing up at charity events (getting publicity for posing in her expensive outfits) claiming to be involved ONLY since her career had tanked, and once she gets the publicity, you NEVER, EVER hear her doing anything else for those charities again.

And I don't care if Skeletor DIDN'T want to be a family man with his ex-wife Dayanara and his little kids because he obsessed over JLO, but it still takes a cold-hearted woman to marry a man four days after he flies overseas to the Dominican Republic in ONE DAY and divorces his wife (with his baby still in diapers and a 2-year old) and marries him 4 days later, and the ex-wife find this out on the internet. This broad's got kids by Skeletor now, so I wonder how she would feel if another woman did that to her?

Now this hag is getting paid $12 million to primp and pose on AI to promote her career and look out for HERSELF! >

lassenfels

I guess they couldn't get the other egocentric, big-butted,long-flowing-blonde-locks,half-dressed,can-almost- carry-a-tune ,Beyonce,so they settled for the tuneless version. Byeeeeeee AI

WILLIAM THOMAS MOORE

No celeb. hooker is worth 12 mil. , unless you are one of Woods group. And than maybe ??

Mikey

It's NOT surprising that the deal is only for one year.

The show will crash and burn and be off the air after Lopez is done. Just like all her other projects.

Shandroid

If that beotch wears even one square inch of fur on the show, I will boycott it.

Caresse

Unbelievable! JLO can't sing! And she is going to judge others of their singing skills? Give me a F.cking break! When JLO perfoms live, there is a tape doing her singing, because she cannot sing! It would had give more credit when Mariah Carey or Celine Dion would be in the jury. Not a fake singer who is selling an image!

ucistu

J-Lo really? She sucks at singing and she acts like shes entitled. UGH! Not watching anymore. Lame!

Cheryl

This is the final nail in this coffin. JLO is disgusting and her coked out husband has alot of new blow money. I will never watch her..ever

YO

Yuck! Jennifer Lopez as a judge! She can barely sing herself. I watched AI for the first time in years this last season because of Ellen but I certainly won't watch it with Jenny the Diva Biatch on it,

Gaga4Lala

I don't care. I stopped watching this show 5 years ago.

Angie