Katy Perry to Appear in After School Special

9/14/2010 5:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Katy Perry has organized a surprise concert for students and staff at her old high school ... and it's all going down today -- as soon as the final bell rings.

0914_Katy_Perry_getty_istock_02

According to sources close to the singer, Katy is dropping by Dos Pueblos HS near Santa Barbara, CA -- where she spent her freshman year -- to put on a free concert for the students and faculty.

An employee from the school tells TMZ it was all Katy's idea -- explaining that Perry's people reached out to them with the proposition ... and the school thought it would be a cool experience for the kids.

Obviously, the school is aware of Perry's "racier" songs -- like "I Kissed a Girl" -- and that's why they won't allow Katy to perform until after classes are out ... and students and/or parents that have issues with the content can leave if they so choose.

According to the school employee, Katy was also advised to keep things "school appropriate" -- and we're guessing that means no boob-grabbing.

Jim in Cali

How embarrassing. A 25 year old has to go back to her high school to get some kind of publicity. She should do Playboy instead.

Throwback kid

I'm getting tired of this dog face, she's overexposed

trinity911

We all know that she can't sing, so if she can't grab her boobs, what is she going to do to entertain the students?

miguel

i go to dos pueblos and the concert was great
btw she only went to high school for one year that why she's stupid but who cares she sings

Sarah

The school in the background isn't even the school she went to. That is a high school in St. Louis, MO I know because I went there.

MiCHELLE

THIS PICTURE WAS CROPPED because THATS NOT DOS PUEBLOS I WENT TO THE HIGH SCHOOL THAT SHE ATTENDED AND THIS PICTURE IS OF A DIFFERENT CAMPUS. PS YES THE KIDS NEW ABOUT THE PERFORMANCE AS WELL...

greg

she was amazing and dos pueblos hs is def the best school ever and its in santa barbara this was a great act of kindness from her

MiCHELLE

FOR THE RECORD, DOS PUEBLOS IS IN THE CITY OF GOLETA,CA NOT SANTA BARBARA.

Kathy

Goleta is a suburb of Santa Barbara.

Gaga4Lala

I think Katie Perry is a man.

Erin

OOOH! Once again TMZ has the scoop!

I'm in radio. We were giving this trip away as a prize last month. Well done.

steve

Dos Pueblos HS is actually in Goleta, Ca, just north of Santa Barbara. It is a very good public school. Yes, she only went to school there for one year but she did graduate! She was starting out her career and she and her parents it would be best to get her GED. She grew up in Goleta. Several months ago, she filmed her new video in SB and Goleta, and used a lot of her local friends in it. She could not had been nicer to people who saw her filming it. Yes, she may have her " own " way of doing things and she may not always say the correct things but she is working, paying her bills and keeping plenty of people employed! I know the students and staff were very appreciative of her coming out. Don't see Lady Gaga doing that or others!

Amanda

I went to DPHS, graduated in 2008. I think it's pretty cool she played there, if I wasn't long gone from Santa Barbara I would have gone to the show.

and racist comment #3: it's dos pueblos meaning two towns. because the school is actually in goleta but in the santa barbara school district. santa barbara has a lot of spanish influence which is why the school's name is in spanish.

MiCHELLE

Agree with you amanda, I went to DPHS and graduated in 2004. I think the #3. person is just an ignorant person who does not know about what they are talking about really. And, does not know what Dos Pueblos meaning is.

FlamingoNut

I bet most of the school is thrilled. How many other celebs do this? Far too few. Good for her. The place is going to be swarming with paps, unfortunately.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments