MJ Cemetery Charging 3 Bucks to Leave Gifts

9/15/2010 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's gonna cost Michael Jackson fans if they want to continue leaving gifts inside the King of Pop's mausoleum -- because TMZ has learned the cemetery is now charging a special $3 MJ delivery fee.

Michael Jackson mausoleum gift fee.

According to sources at the infamous burial space, Forest Lawn Cemetery in Glendale, CA has decided to take down the stage where fans were previously allowed to place gifts -- and are now enacting a new gifting policy ... so long as fans pay the price and abide by the rules.

Effective immediately, cemetery staff will take gifts for MJ inside the mausoleum -- where fans are still forbidden from setting foot -- for a $3 fee ... oh yeah, as long as those gifts are flowers.

Anything else -- teddy bears, posters, picture frames, candles -- will get dumped ... and if they run out of space inside, we're told excess gifts will have to brave the elements outside.

UPDATE: The cemetery tells us "Anyone who purchases flowers, for any decedent, can request that the arrangement purchased at Forest Lawn is to be placed at an interment site."

0915_mj_mausoleum_footer

mlayton

Thanks for letting us know, TMZ... I posted this at our MJ's Army forum... http://www.mjsarmy.proboards.com/

At least FL took down that tacky stage. What bothers me is that fans can't leave cards or gifts anymore! We would have assumed that the Jackson family gets everything once there's no room left to store it. I guess we assumed wrong! Someone should come up with a solution, or else send all the gifts directly to the Encino compound. Does everyone agree?

Eric

Why do these imbeciles leave anything on a gravesite? Who is the gift for? The guy is dead.

Listen - all of this crap - the teddy bears, the plaques, the little homemade pillows - they all end up in a dumpster. Grow the hell up.

Nasiba

STOP MAKING MONEY FROM DEAD PEOPLE. WHY HAVE YOU DECIDED TO DO THIS TO MICHAEL?

Sensible Grandma

IF A FAN IS BRINGING THE FLOWERS TO THE MAUSOLEUM WHY SHOULD THERE BE A DELIVERY CHARGE? THE FAN IS BRINGING THE FLOWERS. ANYTHING TO MAKE A BUCK. THE CEMETARY WILL MILK THIS FOR AS LONG AS IT CAN AND THE FANS WILL CONTINUE TO FEED INTO IT. GET A GRIP AND MAKE A DONATION IN HIS MJ'S NAME. AT LEAST YOU KNOW IT IS FOR A WORTHWHILE CAUSE AND SOMETHING HE PROBABLY WOULD HAVE WANTED HIS FANS TO DO.

Colin

Why in the name of all that's good are people bringing a stuffed animal to a dead man? I liked his music as well as most, thought him a bit strange (but then geniuses usually are) and am sorry he's dead. But that's what he is, D-E-A-D. Give the flowers/toys/gifts to someone who's ALIVE and can appreciate it.

Sunshine

Make them pay,leaving gifts for a dead person is beyond stupid.
Give the teddy bears to someone that can appreciate it.

osteenq

"IF A FAN IS BRINGING THE FLOWERS TO THE MAUSOLEUM WHY SHOULD THERE BE A DELIVERY CHARGE?"

Because the people who work at the cemetery have to clean all that **** up and haul it to the dumpster, idiot.

really?

Unrelated, but didn't know where else to post this. Perhaps everyone can ask this for TMZ Live so they address this...

WHY HAVEN'T WE SEEN THE "MUGSHOT" FOR CONRAD MURRAY WHEN HE GOT ARRESTED????????????????????"

They show mugshots of EVERYONE else, and this would be a hot one to get, but NONE of the media has obtained this or shown it, which I find VERY odd.

Was there one even taken??? If so, would this be publically accessible? It's got to be if they get the mugshots so easily of every other celebrity.

Doesn't this raise suspicion?? Was he REALLY arrested?

I would love Harvey to explain this one, wouldn't you?

cuore

Hey Harvey, why tolerate you such a shameful commetar --> 10.Posted at 1:35 AM on Sep 15, 2010 by TiffC here???
This is so shameful, grotesque of dishonesty and slander against Michael!!!

Cali MJ Fan

Sends to FL cards, letters, pictures or anything on PAPER...

Take the money you would have spent on flowers or teddy bears, gifts, etc, and donate it to charities in Michael's name.

Broeheem

What kind of a ghoul leaves gifts for a box of pseudo-caucasian ashes? Get over it, weirdos - don't you have any better ways to throw away your money? If you really want to pay homage, I understand OJ is struggling to afford Slim Jims.

melliemel

WOOHOO, Mike is still the man.
Love Ya
MJ

sofi

Poor Michael! People will never stop making money out of his name,when will the poor man rest FINALLY IN PEACE!!!!!!!!!

JLa

SO I have been Michael J fan for many years now. Since I was a little girl from when I first saw Captain E.O at Disney. His death really impacted me and brought back many memories and bottled up feelings I can not explain. I have been one of those fans that has been reading any article and book that I can get a hold of.But I am smart enough to know what is b.s and what can be the truth. Anyway I think Forest Lawn has the right to charge for storage of gifts left for MJ. They have to clean up those gifts sometime right. I have ordered flowers from their website a while back. And I was charged a $3.00 fee. These fees are not new news TMZ. Its just that Forest Lawn never implimented them on 'gifts" left outside of the mausaleum for Michael. Also I dont think that the MJ fans are the cause of the fee. I just wish those few fans that are real loud and crazy don't ruin it for all us fans. Please understand Forest Lawn has other peoples loved ones intombed or buried there. Its suppose to be a quit place ,a place to remember the loved one lost. Not a tourism attraction a circus.. R.I P MJJ I love you

shamon

Rest in Peace, Michael

Missing you always and forever.
XO