Katy's High School Target -- My Chick's Hotter

9/15/2010 5:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Not everybody wants to date Katy Perry -- despite what she may think -- because the dude who was the target of Katy's "look at me now" moment at her concert this week tells us ... he doesn't regret a thing.

0915_katy_perry_jaime_EXD

As we first reported, Perry took the stage at her old high school on Tuesday -- noticed her former classmate Shane Lopes in the crowd -- and announced, "You never wanted to date me ... you really chose well, honey. Whats up now, playa?"

We just spoke to Lopes -- who told us he "couldn't believe it" when Katy spotted him in the crowd at Dos Pueblos High School ... but claims she "exaggerated" the whole dating situation.

Lopes adds that Perry was "just trying to embarrass" him -- because he says they "never had any problems" during their days at DPHS.

All that aside, Lopes says he's now engaged, ironically, to his high school sweetheart ... and is "happy with how things turned out."

We don't blame the dude -- his fiancee is pretty damn hot.

Take that, Katy Perry.

nini

Katy Petty is a huge original dresses sale, her music vid with Snoop Dogg is one of the best on record, and she's just starting.

BB

I went to high school with both of them and I think he was with that girl then too? From what I remember Katy didnt go there very long. Either way super spiteful and no very nice Katy. Bitter much?

Throwback kid

HER MUSIC SUCKS AND SHE IS AVERAGE LOOKING. NO WONDER SHE ENDED UP WITH THAT CREPPY BRAND GUY.

Martin

I'd have to take Shane's side on this one. His fiance is hotter. She's definitely the wife material, a keeper. I'd still bang Katy but I'll then have to scrub myself with alcohol and steel-wool and pray I don't catch funky diseases from her.

Go Shane! Best wishes to you and your fiance buddy!

Truth

KATY PERRY IS PLASTIC BARBIE DOLL WITH EVEN MORE PLASTIKY CRAPTASTIC MUSIC. HER DAYS ARE OVER ONCE SHE CANT WEAR GAY LOOKING WONDER WOMAN COSTUMES AND FOOT LONG PLASTIC CANDLES ON HER BREAST IMPLANTS. I'D SAY ABOUT A YEAR... WHO THE F*CK REALLY CARESSS!!

MariJoy

At least this guy doesn't have those SCARY Russell Brand eyes - RB is a psychopath in the making & ewww just WAY too many miles on him.

cynical me

1. Those 2 do not look smug, they look accomplished, looks like they just got done hiking, hence the sweaty look.
2. Katy Perry even admitted she's insecure with her looks, this is just another way to lash out. So the guy wasn't into her in high school..boohoo.
3.For the f*cktw*t who said he was a loser for marrying his high school sweetheart, go back to your basement and play W.o.W and pretend you're getting laid while your dog is licking peanut butter off your ball sack.

Kristen

It seems to me she might be a little insecure. I'm just saying. I don't hate her or anything but whoever needs to rub their success in the face of others, can't really be that happy. Then again for all we know that guy is really a **** just playing nice for the camera. I don't really trust anyone's motives. LOL

Googie

Lopes your fiancee is not as cute as Katy Perry. She doesn't have the money Perry has. You could have been traveling all over the world with Katy. Instead Lopes is going to have to work the rest of his life to support himself and his wife and won't earn nearly what Katy earns. Yeah. Lopes you picked right.

Kelly

Man, Katie went all second grade on him huh?!

It's so odd that she singled this dude out after all those years.

It looks like she may not be ready for marriage. How would she feel if Russell called out some chic he was jonesing for back in the day?? Is dude the reason she went back there??

So shallow. Not that I'd expect anything less.

Dorinha

There is no defending Perry on this one. Her audience banter seemed playful at first, but as soon as she tossed out the gay comment, she came across as bitter. Lopes' high school sweetheart is very pretty, and since this young couple is presently engaged, Lopes obviously made the right choice. For those who think Lopes made the wrong choice simply because Katy is wealthier, good luck pursuing your shallow relationships (remember to sign a prenuptial).

Not everyone you crush on in high school feels the same way about you. It's called growing pains. Get over it.

DJ

Go katy!!That dude's already feeling bad about missing his chance,now he's just trying to save face when he said,he likes the way things turned out.what a loser.
"what's up now,playa!" ;]

Kevin Collings

What Katy Perry did was childish, immature and play rude. Note to Ms Perry the guy was in love with someone else and that why he did want to date. The only person that looks bad her is Katy Perry the guy didn't want her and look how she acts, it's High School Girl get over it. This guy gets my respect, he could come out and said nasty things about her, but instead took the high road and said that girl was just hotter. :)

D-Nutt

Wow - Katy Perry BACKFIRE!!!

Fiance is effing hot, beeyatch

Stupid People Hater

The fact she even took the time to point him out or make a whole production tells me she never got over him and wanted to shove her fame and fortune in his face. It may look great and sound awesome to get revenge but I am willing to bet the next day she felt the same as before.