Kim Kardashian -- $100,000 Handbag Shopping Spree

9/16/2010 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kim Kardashian and her mom spent over $100,000 on handbags in Paris yesterday -- and no, they didn't buy a truckload of 'em ... they bought seven.

0910_media_removed_Lindsay_Lohan1
It all went down in the notoriously expensive Hermes store -- where we're told Kim and her mother Kris purchased six of the label's exclusive "Birkin" bags ... valued at around $10,000 apiece.

But here's the kicker -- sources close to the reality star tell TMZ, Kim also bought herself an extremely rare crocodile-skin bag from the upscale French boutique ... worth around $30,000.

Overall, the Kardashians easily surpassed the $100k mark.

What recession?!

South Beach

Another day in the life of...The Birkin bag. The":"Holy Grail" of bags, hardest to get in the world. Doubt it will ever happen, but if I could, I'd do this in a minute, truth be known...Now, back to my PB & J.

Superman

Selfish, way-overpaid, bitchy sluts!!!!!

MissAnn

I guess when you have people like Kim K. who have never had to go without anything a day in their life, dropping 100 grand on purses that will probably be used 5xs is just an ordinary day. I understand she is wealthy and entitled to spend her money as she pleases, but I don't think I could live with myself personally knowing what that money could have done for people in need.
It's just sickening knowing how the rich spend such vast amounts of money on frivolous things and there are so many who can't even afford the basic necessities in life.

Rose

What sluts these women are. People, stop watching MTV. You are supporting their life style. I'll bet their father is rolling over in his grave. He worked hard for that money. These women are fat and are whores.

Marlon

I love their show, but it is crazy that people in the Entertainment industry make more money than any field out there. I don't hate that she F**Ked her way to the top (I would if I could, LOL)

Ratings Needed

If they would have bought the purses in the U.S.A. the $$$$$$$$$$ would go into OUR ECONOMY instead of France! Anybody notice Kim gets publicity every single day? SHE'S OVER DONE, market is saturated with the Kardashians and sick of them like Spencer & Heidi!!! There is NO MYSTERY TO THE KARDASHIANS, therefore, they are a non-item and very uninteresting.

kim

Who the hell are these people, and what do they contribute to society.???.obviously nothing. I was not familiar with this over-rated, over-published, and over promoted family with golden spoons in their mouth that contribute NOTHING TO SOCIETY until it kept coming up online. Same as the Hiltons. Who gets the glory in all of this? Obviously, they themselves... SHE could put several wells INTO A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY for the cost of one purse... She is pathetic, and it continues to be such a victimization of the world's society to even produce such photos as her and her mother's "shopping spree"...Build a village, help feed the poor...PROVIDE the dinner weekly for a soup kitchen, should you be capable of doing so. I find you and your family so simply insulting to the very existence of human life. You obviously don't even have the sensibility to be ashamed of yourself. In fact, it is doubtful that you can even comprehend what is written, without mockingly laughing at the content. I look at your NEW purse, and wonder how many starving children the cost of such purse could sustain. How do you sleep at night? Obviously, with lack of any conscious, you must sleep well, while others in the world don't even know where their last meal is coming from. This entire comment most likely goes right over your self-rightous botox forehead. I am truly embarrased by the entire Kardashian family trying to simulate life as you portray it to be. What a waste...

LLS

A reality 'star' who has totally lost touch with reality.

Jody

It makes me so disgusted that they bought $100,000 worth of handbags. What about caring for and helping individuals and children in this country who cannot afford to eat or wear shoes or do not have a roof over their heads? Or what about taking that money, KK, and donating it a children's hospital instead of flaunting the money you make on your stupid reality show where it only reminds the American people how truly stupid and shallow you really are through your actions and ideas on the show. What I could do with $100,000...hmmm lets see...PAY OFF over $100K of student loans that allowed me to get 3 degrees, and still I work in a medical field that is well underpaid...and its been over 2 years since i even bought a new pair of jeans. Hope her 15 minutes from her sex tape r over soon..then this country can start anew again with real class

CAA

Thank VH1 and TMZ......among others......for MAKING those useless, talentless, sluts rich.

Dee Dee

Just watched on our local news where PETA went undercover and busted and local "animal experimental Lab" for abuse....it showed how absolutely horrible these poor animals were treated, I won't be able to sleep tonight after what I saw. Our local SPCA is taking in these animals in, all 200 of them, (Lab was closed down), but my point is this.....I'm going to go down to give the SPCA a very much needed donation of 25 bucks, and I'm wondering how I'll pay my bills this month, but these filthy whores are out spending money on some ****ing purses....how absolutely VULGAR they are. This country deserves to sink to the very bottom, we just keep giving people like this more and more time, and coverage on websites like this and every mag/rag out there. Sick, very very sick.........all of us....

firsttimer

@ #2, I am not religious, but I am willing to bet God has a problem with it. What unaware, ignorant people, carrying bags that could literally feed a small village. The most putrid members of society.

Suzahn

Yep, that's about right for five or six bags at Hermes even in Paris without tax. A Birken goes for $10,000 to $12,000, do your homework! Sadly, today's society and media has extreme thirst and tunnel vision for the reckless, uneducated, low-brow, whores, pimps and the talentless. Chris Jenner is nothing but a pathetic "Kim Wanna-bee" who pimps all of her daughters; she's despicable. She dresses and wears her make-up like a 20 plus year-old and fosters nude and explicit photo shoots to Kim and her 14 year old daughter Kendall instead of encouraging education, community and philanthropy. She should be doing all she can to protect her children from the press, teach them self respect and how to live life under the radar and be good evolved citizens, but you can't teach something you don't have, know or believe in. Importantly, she teaches all of her children how to disrespect Bruce Jenner who is truly the only member of that litter that is about commitment, hard work, dedication and integrity. What today's television execs, reality shows, award shows and media outlets focus on and promote is over privileged, spoiled, class-less,non-educated and TALENTLESS losers who have a sense of entitlement and no regard for the law. Kim is famous because she was Paris Hilton's pal for a time being and then made a sex tape with Brandy's brother, has a very pretty face and fat ASS. Millionaire Ryan Seacrest sees the value in pimping the Kardashian whore and presto, a show reality show is birthed that gives Kris Jenner a perfect launching pad to pimp her other untalented class-less daughters who treat her and speak to her like the piece of crap that she is. Our society tunes in to see how they live, disrespect each other and money and have such a sense of entitlement - it's amazing that viewers find this appealing. Spoiled and toxic Khloe meets an NBA player whom within two weeks of their meeting proposes and marries her a month later - WOW! Not even enough time for an STD test! Meantime, he's fathered two children with another woman and living with HER, but leaves her for Kourtney and the possible instant fame he could garner. Kourtney on the other hand is addicted to a spoiled trust-fund alcoholic punk who has no respect for her and is consumed with getting every minute of camera time at any cost and supposedly she's the one with an education! She claims that she is only focused on "Mason and what's best for him." Great example to give your son Kourtney! Then there's the son Robert who refuses to work, lives with and off of Lamar and Khloe and is lazy and spoiled beyond - his father Robert Kardashian Sr. has to be turning over in his grave!

I look forward to the day this litter of a family is no longer a blip on society's radar. People watching their sleezy show and the one that follows only makes Ryan Seacrest and this low-life family richer. Poverty in our country is at an all-time high, the worst ever that is being reported in the last 50 years, and Kim and her pimp are out shopping in Paris buying more over priced exclusive brand handbags to stuff in their filled closets and even need a man to carry all the bags for them...great way to use your celebrity! BRAVO!!!

elle

I'm sorry but I find this absolutely disgusting and classless. I wonder if they read in the paper today about how one in seven Americans lives below the poverty line. And they're spending thousands of dollars on purses????

Ya I know - 'they earned it'. Well who do you think worked harder - the people who care for our elderly parents and grandparents, or the Kardashians? Or how about the people who take care of our kids, while we work in order to pay our bills and keep our homes? Seems a little backwards if you ask me

In my opinion, these women should be ashamed of themselves.
They don't even have enough sense to keep it low profile. These Kardashians are the perfect example of what American greed does to people. No thanks! I'd much rather have my life.

Marissa