Kim Kardashian -- $100,000 Handbag Shopping Spree

9/16/2010 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kim Kardashian and her mom spent over $100,000 on handbags in Paris yesterday -- and no, they didn't buy a truckload of 'em ... they bought seven.

0910_media_removed_Lindsay_Lohan1
It all went down in the notoriously expensive Hermes store -- where we're told Kim and her mother Kris purchased six of the label's exclusive "Birkin" bags ... valued at around $10,000 apiece.

But here's the kicker -- sources close to the reality star tell TMZ, Kim also bought herself an extremely rare crocodile-skin bag from the upscale French boutique ... worth around $30,000.

Overall, the Kardashians easily surpassed the $100k mark.

What recession?!

teresa

It's shameful to know they spend so much on purses when there are starving children and homeless people in the world. So unfair......

Tana

Why are rich people so stupid, spending that much money on a purse. Honestly they never felt how it is to be poor, so money don't mean nothing to them!

REALbarbwire7

Anyone else notice that lately, Kris is in EVERY photo with Kim. They are up to something......Kim has become the focus of many things lately. I don't know what changed. But I'm getting tired of seeing mommy everywhere she goes.

Trick

they spent 100K on bags when the US poverty level jumped to 14.3% (1.1% increase) in 2009??? Self-serving A**holes! Not like they worked hard to become fame WH*RES!

Wayne

What TOTAL F....ing trash, self serving whores spend on vanity when children are starving less than 6 blocks away.Should be a F....ING CRIME.

disgusted in pasadena

And for what? I don't understand how folks with money can just piss it away on stupid stuff when there are people living in tents, right here in the USA - how can they sleep at nite.

Mel

Another thing to prove that they are stupid....

WatcherOne

It's their money, they can do what they please with it.

PensChick87

It is a cute purse but it really must have been a slow news day if a no-talent reality star buying a purse is news-worthy.

futmil

It's their money and they can do whatever they want with it.

Katers

Sad these idiots have to be Armenian. I'm 1/2 Armenian - My father's uncle was beheaded for being a priest. I surely hope these fools don't carry any ethnic weight.

D

This just p***es me off so bad. To advertise that is blatant disrespect for the situation our country is in. I might not have a job soon, and I have a mortgage I'm responsible for. If you're rich and gonna drop $100k on bags, do it in private. Ok, done with my rant!

Liz

Wow...I'm sure all the kids who will be going to bed hungry tonight will be impressed.

Kathi j

I understand that she earned all this money and it's her right to do with it as she wishes, but in these hard times can you imagine the people who could have been helped with this money? Im sure she can't comprehend the amount of children who could have gone to bed that night with a full belly. But, hey thats not important because Kim K now has 7 new purses!

mar

I appreciate a beautiful woman but she looks like she has gotten way too much cosmetic surgery and is not as pretty as she used to be.