Katherine Jackson Sues AEG Over Michael's Death

9/15/2010 8:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Katherine Jackson and Michael Jackson's children are suing AEG Live -- claiming the company breached its agreement to provide physical care for Michael Jackson -- and that AEG was negligent in their hiring of Dr. Conrad Murray as MJ's physician.

2010_katherine_doc_launch_BN

In the suit, Katherine claims AEG's contract with Michael "created a legal duty for AEG to act reasonably toward the physical well-being of Michael Jackson."

In the document, Katherine also blames AEG for hiring Dr. Murray without  a proper background check -- claiming, "AEG did not provide a doctor who was truly looking out for Jackson's well-being and did not provide equipment."

The suit also alleges AEG caused emotional distress to Michael's son Prince because he witnessed Michael suffering and dying, and "he was put in a position as bystander to these tragic events."

Kenny Ortega, who produced the planned London concerts for Michael, is also named as a defendant.

The attorney who filed the suit, Brian J. Panish, released a statement saying, "The purpose of this lawsuit is to prove to the world the truth about what happened to Michael Jackson, once and for all."

Story developing...

Daphne

And someone earlier said, i think it was danger baby, that maybe Prince wanted this too. He is old enough to understand so he might have wanted it. Just a sad story altogether. it is now almost 15 months since he is gone and still so many unanswered questions.

rip mj

Posted at 9:12 PM on Sep 15, 2010 by kim

Do u think this whole thing had been sanctioned by the estate. Since MJ3/KJ are all beneficiaries, and on an allowance, do u not think that, somehow, they need the estate to finance them going thru with this lawsuit. Unless, Oxman is the lawyer representing them & agrees to split the $$$ after all said & done, assuming they win. I think they would. Putting my fingers crossed.

Gsharon 710

To 126 Maiz

It's my choice to print that the body may not have been MJJ. I am not crazy, but think I have a bit more going for me that someone who has reasearched all the different stories about MJJ, and do not let it cross their minds that something is not right.

We all can only speculate. If an autopsy does not mention MJJ's burned scalp, knowing it is known the world over that he was burned, something is wrong. When security tapes are missing, something is wrong. When authorities fail to secure a home for a period of time, something is wrong. I don't know about California, but some states require law officers to visit a person's death place other than hospital or nursing home.

When ER workers hangs up the phone from the reporting of the need for an ambulance, strictly because the caller said a Doctor was there, something is wrong. When the medics reached MJJ home, then the ER worker hangs up, they are able to provide some type of information from the call to the actual visual presence of the ill one.

I could go on forever, but there are many in the world who question this. The de,scription of MJJ by ER workers does not sound like MJJ.

Someone post a photo for people to think it was MJJ's ambulance pic., you have to wonder. Different 911 conversations would make even a person like yourself doubt.

Now go ride someone else's leg. It is all about MJJ.

Daphne

I got a sinking feeling he will get more sympathy.

Posted at 8:42 PM on Sep 15, 2010 by bigbigfanmj

Since his death, people including the media, in general, are more sympathetic towards him. They could see that he raised 3 wonderful children, how bad a person could he be. Overall, people now see him more of a victim (except DD) and I Love you, Michael Jackson.

L Mercer

Amazing confusion regarding that day, and even in the days before Gsharon 710.

iamstupid

Katherine, why don't you just let things be like you did when your boys were growing up? You did not have that much guidance then against what their Father wanted not even what you wanted. What is the point? Michael is gone. x

L Mercer

Logging off ~ Its so nice to see all the cool MJ fans on here. The others, really, save yourselves, don't waste our time. Peace n Love MJ Fans!

TXluvsMJ2

I am not surprised that she is suing, I just wonder why now? Why not sooner? Do they have some compelling new evidence that makes them believe they have a strong case against AEG, Ortega, et al.

Michael's brother, Randy, suggested some time ago on Twitter that more people than Murray were responsible for Michael's death, so this lawsuit doesn't surprise me at all.

I loved seeing Michael's genius at work in This Is It, but it was painful for me to watch because Michael looked so emaciated and sickly. Michael had no business agreeing to do 50 concerts. I don't think he wanted to do 50, but AEG pushed him, got him this quack to make sure that he was up to performing. But there is no way Michael was up to performing 50 concerts. He would have surely collapsed somewhere down the line if he had passed away beforehand.

Kudos to Mrs. Jackson for not forgetting to include Kenny Ortega...hope she gets that manager of his too--his name eludes me right now. As longtime "friends" of Michaels, they should have took better care of him. Yeah, yeah, we know Mr. Ortega, his every whim was seen to, but his best interests weren't. Some friend you were.

Daphne

DB,

I thought that any lawsuits that Katherine incurs would be covered by the estate. Did I get that information wrong?

Posted at 7:32 PM on Sep 15, 2010 by Chico

Sorry to bud in. I disagree. This is not a lawsuit filed by the estate. While KJ is a beneficiary, this is her own lawsuit. Its not the estate suing AEG, its her, who just happens to be an MJ beneficiary. I wish her luck though. I think AEG is partially responsible for MJ's demise, and they should pay, along with Murray. Hope the court would find out who's funding his legal fees. It must have been massive, someone with lots of $$$. Good nite.

Swifty Lazar

And the city of Los Angeles should sue the Jackson family to pay for that ridiculous funeral that they didn't pay for.

Nicole

I support katherine Jackson 100% percent. She is doing the right thing.

Cam

So basically Joe Jackson is making her file a lawsuit? right on.

CS

Am I the only person that sees right through this Hoax? Michael is not dead. In fact, TMZ keeps talking about him like he's been alive and watching his family's performance, whilst directing the whole thing, From the minute he died, through This Is It, through the sunflowers and airplane banners... It's all 'Off', don't you find? Nothing in this story makes any sense, and it's crazy how all these Michael related events occur within hours from one another. I for one, am thoroughly convinced he's alive.

son of sam

You go Ms. Jackson. You have gone through too much with AEGLive and Murray. They will pay because Karma will catch up with them.
To those of you ingornat IMBECILES, read the autopsy report. As someone above stated, "it public record and no drugs were found in Michael's system other than the ones HE put into him".

Initially I read a story about Prince seeing his father dying, (dead). But the story got pulled for some strange reason.
That was so uncouth what Murray did by calling Prince to witness his dying father.

He made so many mistakes that day, brought a hooker to Michaels'home, waited 90 minutes to call 911, called his Texas business employees to move thinks from a storage locker... I mean, did this man even attend medical school? From his actions, it seems not. Previous domestic violence case, have over 7 children by 7 to 9 women he is such a dumd ass. And to top it off, didn't even know how to perform CPR. Well AEG has blood on their hands and I have read the signed contract which clearly states that the artist must be in tip top performace. Sad! Throw him in jail and throw away the key and let bubba deal with his aress. Give time to let that simmer. He will have nothing left no license, no business, no home. Good
riddens to his funky as*. Trying to bleed someone to pay him 150K a month is just ludicrist. You ppl rhat post here with negative information shouldn't come here, HATERS!!!
As far as the drugs go, if you've ever benn to a concer of Michael's, he put his all into it. He fell from the brudge 20 ft; so tell me would you need a pain medication for it. He did become addidicted to pain med's but he sought help an to get futher in that mess. Be after the fall, he got up and continued with the concert. He was a very savy man that knew his business and people who don't reseach the KING will always be mis informed but thats you loss.
icrist.