Katherine Jackson Sues AEG Over Michael's Death

9/15/2010 8:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Katherine Jackson and Michael Jackson's children are suing AEG Live -- claiming the company breached its agreement to provide physical care for Michael Jackson -- and that AEG was negligent in their hiring of Dr. Conrad Murray as MJ's physician.

2010_katherine_doc_launch_BN

In the suit, Katherine claims AEG's contract with Michael "created a legal duty for AEG to act reasonably toward the physical well-being of Michael Jackson."

In the document, Katherine also blames AEG for hiring Dr. Murray without  a proper background check -- claiming, "AEG did not provide a doctor who was truly looking out for Jackson's well-being and did not provide equipment."

The suit also alleges AEG caused emotional distress to Michael's son Prince because he witnessed Michael suffering and dying, and "he was put in a position as bystander to these tragic events."

Kenny Ortega, who produced the planned London concerts for Michael, is also named as a defendant.

The attorney who filed the suit, Brian J. Panish, released a statement saying, "The purpose of this lawsuit is to prove to the world the truth about what happened to Michael Jackson, once and for all."

Story developing...

Mary in CO

Yeah! It's about time. Good luck Katherine, hope something good comes out of this. Everyone involved with MJ has to own up to their responsibilities involving MJ's death.

Googie

Didn't Michael himself pick the doctor? Katherine has been listening to Pimp Daddy Jackson again. Since Joe Jackson can't weasel any money from Michael's estate, he's pushing Katherine to sue. They figure this money will not be part of Michael's estate and Joe can get his grubby hands on it. Katherine is such a pushover.

dolphin

It DOESN'T MATTER if Michael took drugs before a Murray or whoever administered the lethal dose that killed him. It's plain and simple....whoever (probably Murray) pumped too much into him or didnt have the correct resuscitation equipment killed him. The fact it was done at home is enough to put this murderer away. someone dying by their own hand is suicide or accidental overdose..........someone dying by another's actions is murder.

As far as the money issue, go for it Katherine! I think a whole lot of surprises are going to come out in this trial about someone was behind it because they knew MJ couldn't possibly do the concerts. hmm, perhaps changing it to 50 concerts ensured he could notdo them. this whole thing was planned - justwait and see

themaestrosgirl

I know MJ signed the contract, but didn't Tohme make the deal with AEG? If so, does he have any responsibility? I read that Karen Faye tried to warn AEG MJ was not well (in an e-mail?), but they didn't listen...If they knew there was a problem, and they chose to ignore it, and someone working for them died as a result, I think they should have some responsibility for his death. I do believe they (literally of course) held a gun to MJ's head (like they would take his music catalogue, maybe...) to make him perform. Finally, I find the insurance issue strange. I thought coverage was only secured for 10 shows, yet they set up 50? This may be crazy (I probably am), but I wonder if it really was MJ who showed up for the insurance medical exam...In any case, it will not bring my adored Michael back.

dolphin

just remembered that Joe Jackson told MJ to be careful of these people. Joe is not my favorite person but he must have heard something and warned MJ. of course MJ was not, unfortunately, one to listen to people.

we miss you so much Michael.

my opinion

Best of LUCK Mrs.Jackson

RIP MJ

Love the Jackson's

Tanya

iloveMJ

sony-aeg the evil greedy!

go KJ do the right thing,sue them!!!

Long Live the KING!MJ forever!Justice4MJ!

lisa

Why don't Joe & Katherine sue each other for raising a junky who killed himself...or sue the Staples Center for faulty heating?? MJ made Elvis look sober!

K

Go Katherine

DIANE T

Michael Jackson was one strange dude. I enjoyed much of his music and honor him for it. However, I do believe that he was a pedophile in the sense that he was obsessed with children.

It's "sick" that he was aroused by male children. Little girls were probably too scary for him.

Looking at all the plastic surgery he had - to make himself look like he thought he should look like - proves that he was mentally damaged.

I think that Michael Jackson committed suicide, because there is no way that he could have fulfilled his obligation to do a tour.

The Doctor, of course, shouldn't have provided the means for MJ to kill himself, but if not him - another Doctor would have been found.

Why oh Why?

I am 100% behind MJ, but his is ridicolous.
Murray should go down for what he did.
But sueing AEG??!

So the filmcompany should have been sued when Heath Ledger died? And the director? C´mon!!

Those people are not babysitters, they deal with adults that sign papers and take responsibility for their actions. I am sure the contract covers them anyway.

Sadly, Katherine, your son is dead. This won´t bring him back.

Eleonora49

This is all so sad what a mess!!!Here in Germany you do not hear a word about it anymore (forgotten),Its so sad. Mrs Jackson and Kids doing the right thing ( gread)I truely hope it will work out for them.All is so sad,POOR Michael Baby......I allways loved him and allways will.....Ich liebe Dich Michael werde Dich nie vergessen.

Eve

Best of luck, Mrs. Jackson and a big thank you.
Fans never stopped looking for an answer what really happened. Thank you for doing all of this.

Michael, I will never let you part, for you are always in my heart.

eddie

Gooo!! Joe & Katherine

There is STRENGTH in UNITY!!!

Both of you have my support!

sofi

WillOTheWisp,Thank God i am not dyslexic,my computer just has a problem and skips some posts, so sorry i didn't see them,i will have it fixed today.