Adam Lambert -- Accused of Battery

9/17/2010 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned ... the Miami Beach Police Department is now in the middle of a violent incident involving "American Idol" runner-up Adam Lambert ... after the alleged victim filed a police report.

0910_media_removed_H#D2D7F0

Law enforcement sources tell us the paparazzo seen grappling with Lambert on the beach yesterday walked into a Miami Beach police station around 10:30 PM last night and filed a report ... accusing the singer of misdemeanor battery.

According to the police report, obtained by TMZ, the victim claims Adam grabbed his backpack "where the camera was placed" ... and "wrestled [the photog] to the ground forcefully."

0917_Adam_Lambert_LAUNCH

One big problem -- in photos that were taken of the incident, the camera appears to be in the photog's hand ... not in his bag.

The police report also notes that the photog didn't sustain any "bruises or lacerations."

Cops tell detectives will decide if the case is worth turning over to the State's Attorney -- who will decide whether to prosecute Lambert.  If convicted, Lambert could face up to one year in jail and a $1,000 fine.

After yesterday's clash -- Lambert went right to his Twitter account and posted, "I lost my temper for a sec but wow it felt great lol MIAMI!!!"

UPDATE: Lambert just tweeted, "Battery? Nope. I attempted to grab a camera, no punches were thrown and no one was on the ground.... It was literally harmless. If embarrassment is a crime- thats all I'm guilty of. "

CJ

Once a ***, always a ***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mandy

Whatever, You can't be a ROCKSTAR without the police record. The paps are dumbasses anyhow!!!

famose1

You go baby. Protecting your family and friends is never a bad thing.

Bianca

I wish Adam would've kicked his ass!! He could've taken him easily, but he didn't so leave him the **** alone you low life pieces of ****.

LMAO

LOL. The full set of pics (on ONTD) are hilarious.

The pap was LAUGHING, Adam didn't look the least bit menacing, it looked like a freaking TICKLEMATCH roflmao. No strikes were thrown, NO ONE hit the ground or was hurt, all Adam tried to do was grab his camera after warning him after HOURS. It was the funniest thing I've seen in ages.

Russell Brand just got accussed of Battery for protecting & defending Katy when the guy tried to shove his lens up her skirt.

Stalkerazzi like this are nothing more than money-desperate PERVS. If they weren’t ‘photographers’, THEY would be thrown in JAIL. A strange man shoving a camera up a woman’s skirt. NO FKN WAY WOULD THEY GET AWAY WITH IT IF THEY WERE JUST A RANDOM DUDE WITH A CAMERA. They follow you for hours, hide in bushes, WALL you in, shout anything and I mean ANYthing no matter how racist, derogatory, offensive, sexist……it is…….they act like a pack of WOLVES….just to get 1 reaction from you so they can get their shady photo.

When are the laws going to change? How is it ok for these s***bags to shove their lenses up peoples' skirts & violate personal space, do WHATEVER they can to provoke just for 1 shady photo YET don't pay for it? If they were random people on the streets with cameras, NO FKN WAY would they get away with what they do to people.

These Papz are a hindrance to not only the celebrities but people of the public especially when they're in Airports putting other passengers in dangers with the way they behave.

Talent aside (who else hits every note on the guitar with ease today?), Lambo is so funny and charming in every interview, no wonder he has friends & fans in people like Spielberg, Slash, Queen, LPerry, Muse.....all the rest.

You can get safe gossip and pics without being complete d**heads. Paps that STALK people for HOURS, car-chase them through red lights and violate their privacy, personal space and bodies are disgusting and if you think any of that is ok, you’re in the exact same filthy cheap boat as them.

Paparazzi are s*** of the earth.

brownie

I am so ashamed right now to be living in this state of fla with this homophophic, conserative, bunch of idiots. these comments are pathetic. Adam is the sweetest guy you would ever meet. You bigiots obama won don't take it out on ADAM. move to alsaka if you like the sarah palin type. Get a life and leave adam alone!

brownie

I live here in fla, and that makes me nervous because they do not support adam in this homophophic repulican state i live in. I know he has alot of fans and I'm his number 1 fan (believe I love everything about this amazing singer and person) going to hollywood fla on the 19th , but because this happened in fla it worrys me alot--- Even though that ass--- photographer was totally in the wrong, I bet this was a set-up somehow to bring adam down. Sorry won't happen!!!

katastrophic

I couldn't have said it any better myself, LMAO (#188). What's worse about the paps stalking people and following them around is that the majority of pictures they take, nobody gives a **** about! I don't want to see a candid picture of some celebrity walking down the street of shoving a burger into their mouths. I don't even know why media agencies buy those kinds of pictures of these s***bags. I would much rather see pictures of my favorite celebs on the red carpet or at an event where it's perfectly acceptable to take tons of pictures and the paps aren't being creepy stalkers.

Donna

Adam should of shot the jerk with a super soaker....that would of been hysterical. But a well aimed handful of sand thrown at his camera would of finished the idiot off....and it also would of been the end of his camera.

DANA MARTIN

WAY TO GO, ADAM !!!!!!!

Steven Escobar

As the editor of Diversity News Magazine and the official writer for LA and Hollywood Events Examiner of Examiner.com I can tell you the I trust and believe in TMZ reporting. They are not a yellow tabloid publication. OK. I even will link them on my website http://www.diversitynewspublications.com Thanks

john

Is it just me or does the photog in this incident look like the one in the Russell Brand incident. Also both simple battery....hmm

adil

she's a tough woman

Susan

Go Adam! Someone needs to stop these "pests" who won't let the stars enjoy a day of fun in peace.

scott

they should line the paparazzi up and bury them in a ditch