Adam Lambert -- Accused of Battery

9/17/2010 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned ... the Miami Beach Police Department is now in the middle of a violent incident involving "American Idol" runner-up Adam Lambert ... after the alleged victim filed a police report.

0910_media_removed_H#D2D7F0

Law enforcement sources tell us the paparazzo seen grappling with Lambert on the beach yesterday walked into a Miami Beach police station around 10:30 PM last night and filed a report ... accusing the singer of misdemeanor battery.

According to the police report, obtained by TMZ, the victim claims Adam grabbed his backpack "where the camera was placed" ... and "wrestled [the photog] to the ground forcefully."

0917_Adam_Lambert_LAUNCH

One big problem -- in photos that were taken of the incident, the camera appears to be in the photog's hand ... not in his bag.

The police report also notes that the photog didn't sustain any "bruises or lacerations."

Cops tell detectives will decide if the case is worth turning over to the State's Attorney -- who will decide whether to prosecute Lambert.  If convicted, Lambert could face up to one year in jail and a $1,000 fine.

After yesterday's clash -- Lambert went right to his Twitter account and posted, "I lost my temper for a sec but wow it felt great lol MIAMI!!!"

UPDATE: Lambert just tweeted, "Battery? Nope. I attempted to grab a camera, no punches were thrown and no one was on the ground.... It was literally harmless. If embarrassment is a crime- thats all I'm guilty of. "

Dbkick

You morons seem to think a person can't walk around in PUBLIC snapping pictures of wtf ever they want. If you put yourself in a public place then thats your own problem, if someone wants to snap a picture of you then thats their right. Now on the other hand the flamer in the womans hat actually laid his hands on someone which is assault and therefore charges SHOULD be pressed.
Another thing, look how f'ing huge that flamer in the womans hat is? That boi should try picking on someone his own size, I'd say he'd get a beat down.

Bobby

Lock the bitch up.

Jdawg

Adam will scratch your eyes out and mess up your hair,,be careful!

star

so let me see if I understand this... the paps stalk, harass, and provoke celebrities and then when the celebrity reacts they try to press charges? really? I've seen some of the videos of the things these sleazebags yell out to get a reaction.. it's pathetic and should a crime in and of itself.

I don't know what was said but there are plenty of witnesses to the incident and not all of them are on the gossip rags payroll.

Taking pictures continuously for over an hour is harassment. Adam wasn't at work so the pap should've snapped his pictures and then left. Also why do they need to get so close with the telephoto lenses they have they could be 100+ feet away and get the shots they want without crowding the person or making them feel smothered.

It's bull**** but that's how TMZ and other sites like this make their money... off the misery of others.

J.T.

the media is the message

me

Why are there laws there to support all the false claims of these better off dead paps but nothing to keep them away from these "celebs" They are people just as much as me and you. I'm sick of this. To be a pap you should have to sign off your right to sue ANYONE. Freaking nasty wastes of life.

Dbkick

#66 If the paps are breaking any kind of law then the celeb being bothered should call the police. If everyone takes the law into their own hands wheres that put us? You can't tell me you condone assault , I'd have kicked the flamers ass the first time he touched me .

Juliane

It's funny that the gay guy is the one with the balls to stand up for his rights. Go Adam!

star

I am so enjoying all the anti-gay comments that seem to always filter in on articles about Adam. You think because he's gay he has less of a right to privacy?

Yes, he was on a public beach BUT he allowed the pap to do his job for OVER an hour and then asked the guy to leave him and his friends in peace. Is that asking so much, really? How exciting could the pictures have been if all he was doing was sitting under that ugly hat drinking and lounging around? No, the pap wasn't getting what he wanted so I'm betting he spewed some of the same types of comments that are being seen here.. flamer, tranny, ***, et al. The paps are notorious for using inflammatory language to attempt to provoke just this reaction out of celebrities and then when it happens they run crying about battery.

Adam shouldn't have put his hands on the pap, obviously, but there really is only so much a HUMAN BEING can take before it's just too much and you react on instinct.

sarah

These dragsters and their wannabe flamer groupies get mad when someone takes their photo? Should be grateful that anyone even cares about their dumbass F-list status.
If they don't like it, go back to trolling men's room stalls like before, and they'll have all the privacy they require...
Put a helmet on that soldier Adam Ant or Lambert, whatever.

Dbkick

#72 A-****in-men

fahgettaboutit

You can see in the picture that Lambert's hand is IN the guys bag! Obviously the guy pulled his camera out before homegirl could get those nails on it. Probably wanted the film because she was snapped without makeup.

pat

I don't know.

The paps really need a beating. Then maybe they would behave and give you some room.

If you look at Lambert's left hand; it's actually in the backsack. I'm pretty sure he can't do that.

This could all be resolved if the American judicial system instituted a law where a pap can't approach a celebrity to within 15 feet. Heck, they all have zoom lenses. They could take a picture of a zit at 200 yards. But the American judicial system has no b*lls.

Anne

As far as I'm concerned, the paps should be locked away for harrassing people who are just trying to have a few moments of normality, undisturbed. I wonder how all you detractors would take to being tailed everywhere you go and having pictures taken of you, your friends and/or significant others doing what you normally do. Get a life, people! Lambert deserves his privacy the same as you do.

HARRY NIPPLES

A beat down from Adam Lambert is about like being punched in the knee by a three-year-old girl.