Adam Lambert -- Accused of Battery

9/17/2010 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned ... the Miami Beach Police Department is now in the middle of a violent incident involving "American Idol" runner-up Adam Lambert ... after the alleged victim filed a police report.

0910_media_removed_H#D2D7F0

Law enforcement sources tell us the paparazzo seen grappling with Lambert on the beach yesterday walked into a Miami Beach police station around 10:30 PM last night and filed a report ... accusing the singer of misdemeanor battery.

According to the police report, obtained by TMZ, the victim claims Adam grabbed his backpack "where the camera was placed" ... and "wrestled [the photog] to the ground forcefully."

0917_Adam_Lambert_LAUNCH

One big problem -- in photos that were taken of the incident, the camera appears to be in the photog's hand ... not in his bag.

The police report also notes that the photog didn't sustain any "bruises or lacerations."

Cops tell detectives will decide if the case is worth turning over to the State's Attorney -- who will decide whether to prosecute Lambert.  If convicted, Lambert could face up to one year in jail and a $1,000 fine.

After yesterday's clash -- Lambert went right to his Twitter account and posted, "I lost my temper for a sec but wow it felt great lol MIAMI!!!"

UPDATE: Lambert just tweeted, "Battery? Nope. I attempted to grab a camera, no punches were thrown and no one was on the ground.... It was literally harmless. If embarrassment is a crime- thats all I'm guilty of. "

Cali MJ Fan

The pap shouldn't have been HARRASSING Lambert by invading his space to begin with. There's a time and place for publicity-- let the kid have his time at the beach.

I'm with Adam on this one.

Dbkick

#79 thats a shameless plug and I'd never do business with a "company" like yours. You said absolutely nothing on topic so no sale. More than likely a spambot/con artist.

ari

I don't really care for adam lambert, but I find it hard to believe he became violent.

Dbkick

err oh then, I think the real #79 was removed so it make my post mean nothing, carry on I'm done with this ****

CAROLEE

DO WE HAVE TO LOSE ADAM, AS WE DID LADY DIANE, BEFORE TOUGH LAWS ARE SET IN PLACE TO STOP THE SLEAZE PAPS...EVERYONE HAS TO MAKE A LIVING, BUT GIVE THESE CELEBS A BREAK...TAKE YOUR PHOTOS AND LEAVE, BE RESPECTFUL AS THEY TRY TO BE WITH YOU. ADAM ASKED HIM NICELY TO LEAVE...

Maxsys3060

I don't think Adam should be embarrassed at all. I think the pap should be embarrassed that he got beat up by Adam Lambert!

E-Nice

If you put your hands on someone, and they don't want you too... Its assault plain and simple! But he's semi famous and gay so he shouldn't get into too much trouble!

Guilty

No punches necessary for you to commit battery. The pics clearly show an assault and battery on the photog. Sorry Adam.

¬¬

FAIL

FLOYD PINK

Can't understand why someone would name their daughter Adam. I thought Adam was a boy's name?

lisa

How bout a squirt gun? could you get a super soaker and shoot them and their cameras? would that be legal? It would be fun, and I would think when you take your camera to the beach it would be at your own risk.

Camila

What if YOU would work as a paparazzi and some celebrity treated you like Lambert is grabbing this guy.... Paparazzi are just doing their jobs so that people like everyone that posted here gets to enjoy it....Celebreties get paid so much money, they are millionares and they think they can get away with hurting someone.... If you are a celebrity and dont want paparazzi taking pictures of you then STAY HOME or FIND ANOTHER JOB! :-)

kate

Am I the only one that thinks he looks like Charlie Sheen in these pictures?

Nancy

The dude with the hat could be anybody.

Anonymous

It doesn't matter whether the camera was in the bag or not, or whether the guy went to the ground. He had no right to touch him. If he had touched me, he probably would have been shot.