Oksana's Ex-Lawyer to Chat with Sheriff Investigators

9/16/2010 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ Oksana Grigorieva's former attorney is set to talk with Sheriff's investigators about Mel Gibson's extortion claims against her.

0915_lawyer_oksana_ex_getty_tmz
According to our sources, an L.A. County Sheriff's investigator contacted Eric George on Wednesday. George repped Grigorieva during the mediation where she agreed to (and later reneged on) a $15 million package from Gibson.

As we first reported, Oksana sent Mel text messages during that mediation which some think could be construed as extortion. In one of the texts Oksana accuses Mel of not keeping up his part of the deal to support her. As her attorney at the time George was privy to the texts as well as other information.

Our law enforcement sources say George said he would be "delighted" to meet with investigators.

It's another indication that the Sheriff's department is taking the extortion investigation seriously. As we told you earlier .. investigators have already interviewed Mel Gibson twice. They were considering interviewing him a third time but we're told they're satisfied now with what they have from him.

0708_gibson_fotter_550

fuddyduddy

Hey, KoalaBabe and Curious!

Wonder what ever happened to Mel giving a deposition?????

KoalaBabe

Fuddyduddy, never heard of it, unless it's been done in a hushed.

Probably he didn't want any media circus around.

Shell

ROFL @ Jeffro!! That was a good one!!

azlee

haha, jeffro! I like the joke and could see the waitress's chin hit the counter. lol

ok American men that are wealthy, although I know this doesn't include all Russian women, can we say to say you better look for Russian women and their recorders? lol

Curious

Fuddy -

You mean for the child custody battle? Guess that got sidelined for a bit and now with Trope just coming in, who knows what will happen.

KoalaBabe

Whatever happened to Jaffe? she re-hired him didn't she?

Morning Shell:)

inny

I heard Mel being violent.
I know Mel knocked out her teeth.
I know Mel pulled a gun out whilst her
son was in the room.
I know the body guard's union...
are on Oksana's side.

Why the hell isn't Mel...in jail?

What is this...a white O.J.?

OOh, yeah.

Bill F. Murray

No better way to start a day than with a good laugh...okay, there's ONE better way, but after 15 years of marriage, THAT ain't happening, LOL!

KoalaBabe

it make me wonder who will be next to testify against Oksana, her body guards, nannies, gardener and the sound engineer?

"she told us to tell lies about Mel, and we will be rewarded 100k"

Curious

Posted at 6:23 AM on Sep 16, 2010 by Jeffro11
-----------------------------------------------------------
After 24 years of marriage, still one of my favorite ways to wake up.
Le Snicker.

KoalaBabe

I heard Mel being violent.
I know Mel knocked out her teeth.
I know Mel pulled a gun out whilst her
son was in the room.
I know the body guard's union...
are on Oksana's side.

Why the hell isn't Mel...in jail?

What is this...a white O.J.?

OOh, yeah.

Posted at 6:22 AM on Sep 16, 2010 by inny

Did you take photos inny? video the whole scenario? if not, don't bother us.

Shell

I heard Mel being violent.
I know Mel knocked out her teeth.
I know Mel pulled a gun out whilst her
son was in the room.
I know the body guard's union...
are on Oksana's side.

Why the hell isn't Mel...in jail?

What is this...a white O.J.?

OOh, yeah.

Posted at 6:22 AM on Sep 16, 2010 by inny
===================================================

I have to disagree, you don't KNOW if any of that is true. Were you also in the house or under the bed? You obviously are making your assumptions based on tapes that are alleged to be tampered with and photos that are alleged to be tampered with. And can you point me in the direction were Mel was accused of MURDER? I must have missed that false story somewhere in all the research that has been done. As for the bodyguards...they are actually pet sitters and no part of a bodyguard union.

KoalaBabe

WARNING inny: You are treading on a very very dangerous ground.

kelly

Bye the way Good morning everyone. this should be another interesting day.

kelly

Ahhhhhhhhhh

The noose is getting tighter. Kowal just has to get her 1 sec in the limelight.