Oksana Grigorieva Will Sue Mel Gibson

9/16/2010 2:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Oksana Grigorieva will file a lawsuit against Mel Gibson alleging -- among other things -- battery, emotional distress and defamation ... TMZ has learned.

0916_oksana_lawyers_EX_01

Sources tell us Oksana has hired Martin Garbus and Daniel Horowitz  ... two formidable lawyers who have been around the block in celebrity cases. Garbus has defended Robert Redford, Al Pacino, and Spike Lee -- and both he and Horowitz rank among America's top litigators.

We're told Garbus and Horowitz will represent almost all things Oksana -- they will be her reps in connection with the domestic violence investigation as well as the extortion probe.

In addition to the civil suit, we're told Garbus and Horowitz will represent Oksana in her music career -- specifically, they will challenge Gibson, who they claim is blocking the release of Oksana's music.

As for the civil battery case against Gibson -- sources tell us the plan is to file it by the end of the year.

Genna

Mornin Zooma!

Zooma Zoom

Morning Genna and all! ))

Azlee did you get my replay?

Muppet

I've read this story again and I have one question sticking in my mind. If Oksana feels that she has suffered defamation and emotional distress from this (leave battery aside because we all know that's bs) why isn't she going after ROL who published those tapes? They caused this sh*tstorm by releasing them. All the negativity towards Oksana stems directly from that. I think someone has an in with ROL maybe? How bout that Oksana, why don't you go after the ones that put this stuff out there unless you're involved!!!

Shell

for any poster/post in question for now e-mail is our verification

Posted at 8:31 AM on Sep 17, 2010 by Zooma Zoom
===================================================

I hate to be the dunce of the group but I'm confused on this. I don't receive email notifications on any posts. I did register when I first came to TMZ and received a registration confirmation back from TMZ. I'm sorry, can someone help me understand? I think Im having brain farts this morning. lol

shirleyholmes

@ All

Any more posts I can eliminate from the 800 posts since yesterday?

Genna

@Azlee...thanks and have a good day!

Squeaky Shoes

so... I started reading some earlier posts.... in particular.. Sefa? ok.. wtf? ingrained bias? how can it be ingrained when we all made an informed decision... we all hated her AFTER she cried abuse and we heard him spewing rants over recorded phone calls... i would hardly call that "ingrained"

furthermore... she didn't do this with Dalton, cuz Dalton offered her money and didn't have the already newsworthy arrests and racists rants... that's why. She was angry that he wouldn't marry her unless she signed a prenup, so she took his son and took off, to guarantee some money out of him.

Some proTOX people really don't read, research or... THINK before posting do they?

azlee

or a poster has to go look at all the posts to see. LOL. heavens. I know someone just flag them when you see the person next time. I have to admit whoever was copying sweetheart did a good job except for some typing shortcuts that she doesn't use. So when you get blasted like I did, just make sure you are blasted by the real one.

at one point it was like sweetheart had turrets. She was typing all nice like and then someone would cut and paste from somebody's post and type screeching like she does. So all you could read was a nice, funny sweetheart and then one that would stomp, cuss and scream...and then back to the gentler side of sweetheart. It was a trip.

Muppet

for any poster/post in question for now e-mail is our verification

Posted at 8:31 AM on Sep 17, 2010 by Zooma Zoom
===================================================

Posted at 8:35 AM on Sep 17, 2010 by Shell

Then I'm having the same brainfart because I don't understand it either. Maybe I need more coffee?

Curious

I don't know that TMZ would go through the hassle of changing their registration process just because some folks are iceholes and steal other people's nicks.

I guess maybe re-registering with a junk mail account (gmail, yahoo, aim, etc) as marysyka said would solve the problem.

shirleyholmes

@ Squeky shoes

--------------------------------------------------

To be able to think you need a brain

Genna

for any poster/post in question for now e-mail is our verification

Posted at 8:31 AM on Sep 17, 2010 by Zooma Zoom
===================================================

Posted at 8:35 AM on Sep 17, 2010 by Shell
-------------------------------------------------

Hi Shell. I don't have an "account" with TMZ...at least I don't think I do. I didn't register for one since I have never posted on TMZ before this OG/Mel mess. So, I receive e-mails that confirm each post.

Shell

LOL Muppet, good idea...I'm gonna get myself more coffee too. I feel stupid like I just came to class too late and missed the instructions....snort!

I can get in to trouble all by myself I surely don't need any fake poster helping me out. ugh...

IA

Oh and I think Mel SHOULD let her have her music production rights back... if he's smart that is.

Posted at 8:04 AM on Sep 17, 2010 by Squeaky Shoes
__________________________________________________________
Yeah, once people hear her voice they will want her in jail so nobody is at risk of being submitted to such torture again...

Muppet

Is it the people with unregistered nicnames that are being copied? Or is it anyone's nic that can be copied?

Previous 15 Comments | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments