Oksana Grigorieva Will Sue Mel Gibson

9/16/2010 2:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Oksana Grigorieva will file a lawsuit against Mel Gibson alleging -- among other things -- battery, emotional distress and defamation ... TMZ has learned.

0916_oksana_lawyers_EX_01

Sources tell us Oksana has hired Martin Garbus and Daniel Horowitz  ... two formidable lawyers who have been around the block in celebrity cases. Garbus has defended Robert Redford, Al Pacino, and Spike Lee -- and both he and Horowitz rank among America's top litigators.

We're told Garbus and Horowitz will represent almost all things Oksana -- they will be her reps in connection with the domestic violence investigation as well as the extortion probe.

In addition to the civil suit, we're told Garbus and Horowitz will represent Oksana in her music career -- specifically, they will challenge Gibson, who they claim is blocking the release of Oksana's music.

As for the civil battery case against Gibson -- sources tell us the plan is to file it by the end of the year.

sharon

I'm guessing they recently took the option out? or people who had already checked it still get them... and TMZ can't figure out how to stop it

Posted at 8:47 AM on Sep 17, 2010 by Squeaky Shoes
*************************************************************

You know, now that you mentioned it, i now noticed that it's no longer there.

Curious

It's too bad about the name stealing. It's really an immature stunt pulled by folks with nothing better to offer the world. Like spoiled little kids with that "I'll show you!" attitude.

Of course, they're not that great at it. Like the one who tried last night being sweetheart. Got spotted pretty quickly.

So our choices are to all register with a junk mail account and share that account with everyone here so they can check suspicious posts or to just assume anyone acting like an icehole IS in fact an icehole.

Genna

I have thought from the beginning that OG did this PR assault on Mel from the beginning as a way to bolster the sales of her CDD that was schedule to come out around the same time. Did this ever backfire on her!

Still, there are people out here who are foolish enough to buy it. She is now known world-wide. Just not as the "victim" she was aiming for initially.

Muppet

Hi Curious,
It is standard practice that, upon registration, once a username/moniker is selected it can't be used again by anyone else. It's a shame tmz allows for that. It should be changed.

Posted at 8:52 AM on Sep 17, 2010 by IA

It's been brought to their attention so hopefully they will fix it ;)

Curious

Howdy IA -

Aye. I'm used to boards that have the person identified by IP address. So much easier to ban folks that way.

Zooma Zoom

She just means that we exchange emails. LOL

Posted at 8:44 AM on Sep 17, 2010 by Frieda
-------------------------------------------------

or open what ever yahoo or hotmail or gmail
so if people see post in question it can be verified through this person e-mail.

BTW
my e mail is my original moniker(not zooma) yahoo dot com
just in case

IA

@michelle
I've been curious about that. Did Mel quit smoking? For how long? I'm hoping he did for his own sake.

Shell

dang, I didn't use a junk mail account when I registered. I wish I would have.

Squeaky Shoes

I did notice that part was removed from the comment box. I never checked it myself cause I didn't want to get bombarded with emails. Takes too long to delete them from my inbox and I'm just lazy that way. lol I wonder if they disbaled that due to the volume of posts that each OG/MG thread receives. Maybe it overloads their internal system?

Posted at 8:51 AM on Sep 17, 2010 by Shell
----------------------------------------------
me neither... and good point, the MG/OG scandals have the most posts awe probably ARE overloading their system...lol

Muppet

I think the perpetrator of the copying nicnames has been banned. Haven't seen that person/persons for a bit now. :D

Muppet

Am off to do things, hopefully the next story I read is one about Oksana sueing ROL. Otherwise I'll keep believing she was in on releasing the tapes. HAGD everyone. :D

shirleyholmes

Bye muppet take care

sharon

bye muppet :)

Genna

Posted at 8:53 AM on Sep 17, 2010 by Curious
-----------------------------

I think I understand now, Curious, thank you. It is beyond lame for anyone to pose as another poster. Hopefully, this fix will keep people more honest.

IA

Howdy IA -

Posted at 8:55 AM on Sep 17, 2010 by Curious
___________________________________________________

Hi Curious, Hi Muppet,

Problem with using IP is defeats anonymity. Don't many have dynamic IPs anyway that keep changing? I think my ISP uses dynamic IPs. I'm not in IT but I believe one can set it up to use emails, but not allow repeated usernames. It just looks it up and if that username has been taken it just refuses to allow registration until the registeree (whatever?) picks another username.

Previous 15 Comments | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments