Lindsay Lohan

Tested Positive for Cocaine

9/17/2010 9:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan tested positive for cocaine last week and that is why she failed her drug test ... sources tell TMZ.

Lindsay Lohan back to jail.
As we first reported, Lindsay failed the court-mandated drug test -- and according to the terms of her probation, she will go back to jail for 30 days as a result.

Sources close to Lindsay say she's been telling friends she's "getting her life together." However, we're also told, she's surrounded herself with some "bad influences."

Story developing...

HarryPalms

@ 290 (The Skeptikal): If she would've been black she would've gotten her third strike already... henceforth, LIFE BEHIND BARS. That's U.S. Justice.

Mike

It's total horse shyte folks! You people are all so GULLIBLE. A sucker is born everyday. P.T. Barnum is right.

You actually trust one of TMZ's "anonymous sources"? Cmon. Get real.

One of TMZ's "sources" could be one of Lindsey's old "frienemies" like Paris Hilton or whoever. It could be some crazy girl who BRIEFLY knew Lindsay a few years ago that is the official TMZ "source" they are using to justify this "story" ... ahem, junior high gossip.

HarryPalms

There went $520,000 down the freaking toilet and into UCLA's deep deep account. LiLo was not covered for rehab by her insurance. Will she go bankrupt?

monal

Lindsay just tweeted she DID fail her drug test

HarryPalms

@ 205 monal: What did the TWEET say? She failed but she didn't voluntarily do it? She was "roofied"?

Reality

Kudos to #103 !!!! FINALLY a comment worth noting. I was wondering if there would be one at all. Anyone who has dealt with addiction in any sense, whether personally or otherwise, sees this for what it really is. SHE NEEDS THE PROPER HELP. It is not fun, it is not a game.....this is somebody's life. This poor girl is trying, in vain, to balance her neurotransmitters ON HER OWN !!! SHAME ON ALL THOSE WHO HAVE FAILED HER !! A professional in this field should evaluate her and GET HER THE REAL, NO NONSENSE TREATMENT SHE NEEDS. Jail will not fix this...she needs to be in the right program, EVERY DAY, to work on managing her issues. Her prescriptions need to be closely monitored EVERY DAY. Non-celebrities get this help....I can't believe that because she is Lindsay Lohan this has turned into a circus. You don't need to like her, but at least see this for what it is..... She is a person with an involuntary addiction. THAT NEEDS TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY and addressed accordingly.

monal

Regrettably, I did in fact fail my most recent drug test and if I am asked, I am prepared to appear before judge Fox next week as a result.
Substance abuse is a disease, which unfortunately doesn't go away over night. I am working hard to overcome it and am taking positive steps.
forward every day. I am testing every single day and doing what I must do to prevent any mishaps in the future.
This was certainly a setback for me but I am taking responsibility for my actions and I'm prepared to face the consequences.
I am so thankful for the support of my fans, loved ones and immediate family, who understand that i am trying hard,

but also that I am a work in progress, just as anyone else. I am keeping my faith, and I am hopeful....Thank you all!!!

monal

@299 is Lindsay's tweet

Alan Carver

First off, Judge Revel should be LHAO regarding the development of Lohan testing positive for cocaine. I knew it was going to be difficult for Lohan to stay clean when she keeps surrounding herself with people she shouldn't. This was and is not rocket-science! Lohan is an drug, alcoholic and pill-popping addict. So none, of this comes as a surprise. She tries and prop herself as reformed and rehab'd but she isn't. She is not a damn good actress as she claims and this should just about nail the coffin shut for her in Hollyweird, and the Studio's should be pulling back any of the red-carpets that they might have laid out for Lohan. She needs to go back to Jail, stay their for 30 days and then see what happens in the new Judges courtroom. She needs to be locked away indefinitely and stay their until she can HONESTLY admit she is a drug addict and not go around LYING to people saying she isn't when in fact, these drug tests show and PROVE differently! She has completely lost any respect I once held out for her, and she will be dead within a few years - and again you can quote me on this because it takes an addict to see one and know one. Lohan you are sad and unfortunately, until you OD or come close to death you are not going to learn. I appreciate that VF spent so much time with her so she could propagate her lies - because she just has had about as much 15 minutes as she can or was ever able to handle, she needs JAIL and REHAB again! Bye Bye Lohan - you drug, pill-popping alcohol, addict! YOU ARE A MESS AND YOU KNOW IT! THank you for lying and showing your real self! You truly are NOT a DAMN GOOD ACTRESS! HA HA!

brett spencer

she'll be ok, since the courts are such a enabler to all the celeberties !!!! look at paris hilton, lol... the courts are such a joke and sooooo onesided... such a shame !!! i blame the courts for lindsay's problem cause there sooooo easy on her....where theres actions, theres consquences !!!

GLORIA

WHY, WHY, WHY, may I ask, do you even keep reporting ANYTHING about this drug addict slob????????????? Keep her and Snookie out of your news and quit giving them ANY press at all. They are not worth it.

800854life

only her can help herself!

J.A. Estes (L)

UCLA said Li-Lo did'nt have ADD or addiction's...! So, who to follow? Judge's in (lost) book's of the Bible, (secular) Counter-Point, lession's...! Can't find: UCLA said 80% of American's HAVE "Personality - Disorder's: Papa, Lohan Mr. Spear's to "Lifes" Living 'issues' To BAD, "TMZ" U., 2...!

really?

Maybe no one searched her Chanel bags while she was away?
(wheres my stash) Really who would give her coke? No big deal, she will always get away with disrespecting everyone because she is special!
Too stupid!

tcidda

This skank gets to be Sally Jones from Islip N.Y..and we'll see what kind of sentence she'd get.